Money Back Guarantee date -L'Occitane TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC Princess

Beauty Addict
I received my first(of two) L'Occitane TSV sets today and found my maximum return date was 9 December!! - i telephoned customer service to enquire re the extended date(25 Jan 11) and was told that QVC are aware of the error and the date should be the extended one - they will accept any returns up to 25 January 2011.

I think someone on the extended MBG thread said they'd spoken with CS, who said extended returns were only due to commence onwards from the 25th November.
Wonder if there's been wires crossed between different departments at QVC.
Yet another cock up at Anthony Heywoods Channel of Dreams or rather more so named Nightmare at Marco Polo House.

:cheeky:

Last edited:
This is worrying Bags as were getting mixed messages eh!! - they were emphasising the extended MBG all "Christmas Launch" weekend(23/24) - as i said i was told i could return the TSV(if i need to,both sets are pressies) up to and including the 25 January 2011, the CS rep said she had marked my account accordingly. If this doesn't happen i'll be down over £110:devil:

I'd ring them back hopefully you'll get someone else that will double check your account to see if it's been amended, to the later retun date.
That way you'll know you'll be safe to keep your items to give as Christmas gifts.

I remember last year I ordered something after the Christmas launch, when they were well into the swing of the whole extended MBG, and it arrived similarly with a standard 30 day deadline. I phoned CS to be told that until 30 days before their last Christmas delivery date (around 19th Dec I think) they would only extend the MBG *if* you advised them that the item was for a gift at the time you placed the order! I remember asking how that worked for online orders - there was no 'this is a gift' box to tick - to which they had no answer, and I recall I insisted that they made a note on my account to extend the deadline on that item. I notice that this year they are clearly saying that *if* the item is for a gift the MBG is extended, so when I placed an order online the other day I rang afterwards to make sure the date would be 25th Jan...to be told they've aaaalwaaaays extended the MBG to 25th Jan from Christmas launch weekend and (implicitly) that I am mis-remembering or in fact going barmy. Having chosen of my own volition to watch them sell demented looking rafia reindeers for several hours last weekend, the latter may be true, but I know what I recall, and think this is yet another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing at Le Q...

If I hear one more presenter mention the extended money back guarantee I think I'll scream. They are going on about it at least 10 times an hour so if QVC have the nerve to create any trouble regarding the MBG they are mad because there's no end of evidence that the extended MBG is in operation and has been since midnight on Friday night, when they launched their official countdown to Xmas.

I emailed QVC about this BEFORE they announced it on air and this was their reply:

"Dear xxxx

I can confirm that the Christmas guarantee period will begin on all purchases made from 23/10/10.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes

Lesley.
Customer Care team"

You're welcome to use this as "evidence" should you need to.

Been into town to do some shopping today - and I noticed that most of the "big" high street stores were offering the same as QVC........

I think someone on the extended MBG thread said they'd spoken with CS, who said extended returns were only due to commence onwards from the 25th November.
Wonder if there's been wires crossed between different departments at QVC.
Yet another cock up at Anthony Heywoods Channel of Dreams or rather more so named Nightmare at Marco Polo House.

:cheeky:

The person who called CS was told 25th October, not November.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24590

I emailed QVC about this BEFORE they announced it on air and this was their reply:

"Dear xxxx

I can confirm that the Christmas guarantee period will begin on all purchases made from 23/10/10.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes

Lesley.
Customer Care team"

You're welcome to use this as "evidence" should you need to.

Many Thanks I Love Chocolate(love your forum name) - i've phoned CS again and explained that a friend had received an e-mail confirming the Christmas MBG date was extended from 23/10/10 - she checked my account and because my two sets are pressies i can return up to 25/1/11(the original CS operater had changed it). Thanks again for posting the e-mail reply - i really appreciated itxx

I'd ring them back hopefully you'll get someone else that will double check your account to see if it's been amended, to the later retun date.
That way you'll know you'll be safe to keep your items to give as Christmas gifts.

Many Thanks Bags - as you'll see above i've taken your and ILC advise and everything has sorted itself out - your post is appreciated by mexx

Latest posts

Back