DX delivery grrrrrrrrrr

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sutheli

Registered Shopper
I ordered the Lulu Guiness OTO last week which I have been waiting over a week for delivery. Tonight when I got home from work there was a card behind the door saying DX had tried to deliver a parcel which required a signature and that I would require proof of identity if I wanted to collect it from a depot miles away. I then spent ages waiting on the phone only to be told it would not now be delivered until Monday between 9-5 although I could have a 2 hour time slot if I paid extra!
I have had to arrange for it to be delivered to a friends house as I will be working. This is a total pain. I have shopped with QVC for at least 10 years and this is the first time this has ever happened. The Hermes lady always leaves my things in the greenhouse or if the postie leaves a card I can nip to the post office next day. Its not as if it was one of the really expensive bags £98. Did anyone else get it? Do all expensive items now have to be signed for?

I got mine on wednesday .I think anything above 150 pounds is by DX as i had another jewellery delivered the same way .
The original price of that bag is 220 ,so i think it does not make a difference even if the price is OTO price.

Thanks, I must be a cheapskate as I don't usually buy very expensive things, but this was a bargain. Can you tell me what its like as I won't find out until Monday and I'm dying to see it!

i ordered it and had an attempted delivery card from dx left .......................... my ones dont give you the option of collecting only a redelivery.....what a bummer cos i really want it

DX are a complete rip-off courier company; they have a terrible reputation, often their couriers don't even attempt to deliver the item they simply post the card and hope to make a few quid from the addressee who then has to re-arrange delivery.
This is exactly what happened to me a few months ago; I rang QVC because I saw the bloke just post the card without knocking or ringing the doorbell. I insisted they rearrange delivery on my behalf and said I wouldn't buy any more jewellery if they were using DX. It seemed to work. I haven't had anything sent this way since thank goodness.

I got the LG OTO which came via Hermes, I think courier varies according to region or some other mysterious variable known only to QVC. I've read on here people have received say a TSV via Royal Mail whereas mine has come via Hermes.

I hope you love your bag when it arrives; I'm v pleased: the OTO price is about right, wouldn't have paid the TSV price (£187ish I think) or the £220 QVC price so I'm v happy with it.

Jude xx

I ordered it as well, though mine's going back, and it did arrive signed for - but so did a 10£ set of stamps and some ink I bought, so it just seems to be random sometimes.

I have never had anything sent from QVC via DX but I know they are a bit of a nightmare as my sister's new passport was delivered by them, except it wasn't as she wasn't in as she was at work, thankfully she only works a four day week and was able to get into their collection place in city centre during the week to collect it or she'd have had to arrange for them to redeliver to us and we'd have had to have had ID for her or something, all sounded very complicated!!

I'm waiting on the chocolate one......... Oooh I'm hope I'm not disappointed. I bought a Carmella bag from cocosa and it was only £89 so a bargain for a lulu bag....... Don't think I'd be willing to pay the full price for them tho. The sale is normally good on the lg website so will be checking that out post christmas I guess

DX are a complete rip-off courier company; they have a terrible reputation, often their couriers don't even attempt to deliver the item they simply post the card and hope to make a few quid from the addressee who then has to re-arrange delivery.
This is exactly what happened to me a few months ago; I rang QVC because I saw the bloke just post the card without knocking or ringing the doorbell. I insisted they rearrange delivery on my behalf and said I wouldn't buy any more jewellery if they were using DX. It seemed to work. I haven't had anything sent this way since thank goodness.

I got the LG OTO which came via Hermes, I think courier varies according to region or some other mysterious variable known only to QVC. I've read on here people have received say a TSV via Royal Mail whereas mine has come via Hermes.

I hope you love your bag when it arrives; I'm v pleased: the OTO price is about right, wouldn't have paid the TSV price (£187ish I think) or the £220 QVC price so I'm v happy with it.

Jude xx

I have had a lot of dealings with the DX as we used them for our business. DX are usually used by companies like Solicitors, Estate Agents etc so I am surprised that QVC would use them as their Couriers only work until 5pm. It is a very expense service for what you get and we have cancelled our account as they wanted too much money for another year. I had a row with a stroppy bitch the other day from the DX as they allegedly had not received a letter we had sent, she then threatened us with Court action so I told her in no uncertain terms to "BRING IT ON".

I went for the grey too :thinking: I'm surpressing all guilty feelings about the spend as I'v had to put up with the outlaws over half-term. I've more than earned it :headbang: and it it the exact grey shade I wanted (sent back a Tig bag last week which was more taupe than grey).

Hope you find a something that suits you better.

Jude xx

Oh i bought the french navy ,gorgeous bag ,my second lulu guiness .The first being the leather TSV ...I get so many compliments for that and i have so many of the expensive named bags ,but none of them are given compiments or second glace .will look for more of lulus bags post christmas.

Oooh Navy sold out before I could order....I probably really need a new navy bag :wink: :blush:

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back