Ms Huntley - 30 day MBG

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shopping is fun

Alfa Lover
I was watching CHuntley on the Tanzanite hour with her guest (I forgot her name) and she was going on and on about the 30 day MBG. She said that when she talks to people they ask her if the MBG is for real, and she said yes as she wouldn't lie about it, but we all know that its a load of Cr@p. I know fellow forumites have had problems with QVC closing their accounts because they have sent too much stuff back. Therefore she is LYING!!!

I was watching CHuntley on the Tanzanite hour with her guest (I forgot her name) and she was going on and on about the 30 day MBG. She said that when she talks to people they ask her if the MBG is for real, and she said yes as she wouldn't lie about it, but we all know that its a load of Cr@p. I know fellow forumites have had problems with QVC closing their accounts because they have sent too much stuff back. Therefore she is LYING!!!

No, she's not.

Am convinced they look at these threads and then 'reply' on air.'They' would be daft not to do so!
Chuntley is at the moment ( or maybe have not appreciated before) is SOOOOO sickly sweet she reminds me of the participants on 'The Apprentice' --- yes Lord Sugar, No Lord Sugar' creep, creep. Unlike AY who sometimes says if you are not--- you don't need this product. OR am I being daft?

Excuse me for trying to make a comment, I thought that was the point of this forum, I don't watch QVC 24/7 but I have never heard the presenters state "unconditional" when referring to the MBG. JR said the other night when doing the Sandstone TSV, if I may refer to it, that if you don't like the jewellery you can send it back!!

Excuse me for trying to make a comment, I thought that was the point of this forum, I don't watch QVC 24/7 but I have never heard the presenters state "unconditional" when referring to the MBG. JR said the other night when doing the Sandstone TSV, if I may refer to it, that if you don't like the jewellery you can send it back!!

It's a fair comment. I have heard them say "unconditional" in the past but not so much lately, I wonder why? Hmmmmm :cheeky:

I suppose technically its not a lie, if they told people that they wouldnt refund their money under the MBG because they returned too much that would be a lie, what it seems they do though is close peoples accounts if they feel they are returning too much. They are honouring the MBG but are choosing not to have some people as customers the two things are actually different.
I'm not defending how they work but to say someone is lying in this case is in my opinion incorrect

They do call it a "no quibble money back guarantee" they just don't clarify it by saying as long as you don't use it too much.

She also tried to justify p&p again by saying it's because qvc are committed to delivering the items in pristine condition. That'll be unlike all those other companies then that just chuck unwrapped goods into the post yet somehow manage to make them turn up on our doorsteps within two days, magically wrapped and often with freebies thrown in. She'll have to try harder than that.

I agree that QVC's P&P is way to much but it's hardly Catherine's fault and I am sure she is told to keep saying thes things by the gallery, as are all the presenters.

I agree that QVC's P&P is way to much but it's hardly Catherine's fault and I am sure she is told to keep saying thes things by the gallery, as are all the presenters.

I agree with you LH that presenters are probably told to push something like the MBG or that postage is not a rip off but instead of trying to brainwash the viewers it would be a lot better if they revised their policies on these issues.
BTW don't phone companies flog all their wonderful offers of unlimited minutes and/or texts by saying (and having it on screen) that these are subject to a fair use policy. Could Q not do that? It does alert the customer that there is a possibility of being in breach of terms. While I don't think any of the peeps who have posted here have really deserved the letter/phone call/cancellation there are probably customers who have abused the service big time.

Of course it's not Catherine's fault. The presenters clearly have scope for improvisation but ultimately they are the face of the company and will spout the company line. The 'suits' must be well aware of customer discontent and need to address this issue either through the presenters or in writing, or whatever. Lame attempts to justify postage just draw attention to it and until they have a clearcut message to send out then they'd probably be better just not mentioning it as they did before.

Sazza got me a link to the TOS (yay!) and it actually has a paragraph about 'working with customers' that use the 30-day MBG a lot and how they reserve the right to close accounts. I guess they don't want that advertised, but I have seen it happen with other mail order companies, too.

If you don't like an item you can send it back within 30 days and they will refund you.

Of course QVC have a right to refuse to sell you an item - but that does not mean that they are not standing by their 30 day money back guarantee

QVC is a business, if people abuse the MBG and send back nearly everything they order and often for a minor reason, they are going to loose money! And as I have seen on this forum some people are sooo picky or they order stuff and the next day say its going back! For goodness sake people, consider what you are ordering properly! So yes, the people that have their account shut deserve to do so. My family have been ordering for years and have never reurned anything.

QVC is a business, if people abuse the MBG and send back nearly everything they order and often for a minor reason, they are going to loose money! And as I have seen on this forum some people are sooo picky or they order stuff and the next day say its going back! For goodness sake people, consider what you are ordering properly! So yes, the people that have their account shut deserve to do so. My family have been ordering for years and have never reurned anything.

The presenters should not say then order every colour and see which you prefer!

If QVC gave out the correct details about products in the first place, people wouldn't have to return them. I pondered for ages about the last Centigrade TSV and decided against it because of their inconsistent sizing. As it turns out from comments on here and the reviews on the website, the sizing wasn't correct and the workmanship was shoddy.Surely people have every right to send it back.

The 30 day MBG is one of the main selling points according to them. We constantly hear try it, use it and if you don't like it send it back. Whilst they continue to make claims they can't justify and actively encourage customers to use the "No quibble 30 day mbg "I don't think anyone deserves to have their accounts closed.

As for people being too picky, I don't think expecting the product you have ordered to be "As advertised" is picky at all. We order without having the luxury of seeing the item up close or feeling it for ourselves, so it's bought with trust. The assumption is what we see and hear a description of is accurate and will be what we receive. If it doesn't live up too or match to the hype yes I will send it back.

As others have said they can't have it both ways.

You're very fortunate never having had to send anything back and I'm betting that you're in the minority on here. Wrong sizes, wrong items, missing items, shoddy goods & badly fitting clothes, you can read it here time and time again. Plus simply change of heart..and what's wrong with that ? So you've been happy with everything, lucky you, but no need to be so self righteous about it.

Latest posts

Back