US prices v GB prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Click Free 500gb on qvcus: £69.81 (equiv.)
Click Free 500gb on qvcuk: £139.92

Why is it costing twice as much over here? A couple of pounds would be understandable. QVC in th US do seem to have beetter value for money on all of their products than we do. I know it is to do with the dollar v pound conversion rate, but it is rather galling and, in my case, deters me from buying examples of such items from QVC.

The difference will be partly down to the levels of UK import tax duties that QVC will have to pay, which will be of course need to be factored into the final sale fee.

But I don't think they will amount to anywhere near the £60 difference you've spotted - a good guide line is to add 20% to the US cost to give you a ballpark figure of what the landed costs will be here in the UK !!!

Missy x

In the US a sales tax is also added which varies from state to state then you have UK Import duty.

You can buy from the US if you use a company like bundlebox - they will pay and ship it to you and work out duty if you don't have a US credit card.

Doesn't anyone have a relative living in the U.S who could get themselves QVC membership number, ; then we could email them with our requirements and buy it that way ???? A nice little earner there for somebody, with a bit of commission on top. If I saw something on the US site I wouldn't hesitate to use the service !!!!!

For lower-cost items it's always worth getting friends to declare them as a gift or haven them unpacked and declare them used, with lower value. Wouldn't try it with a big ticket thing, though...

I have purchase a few items direct from the states without having to pay tax or duty. Most supplier will mark the item as a gift or a very low cost.
UPS will automatically invoice you for duty and tax.

Click Free 500gb on qvcus: £69.81 (equiv.)
Click Free 500gb on qvcuk: £139.92

Why is it costing twice as much over here? A couple of pounds would be understandable. QVC in th US do seem to have beetter value for money on all of their products than we do. I know it is to do with the dollar v pound conversion rate, but it is rather galling and, in my case, deters me from buying examples of such items from QVC.

Are you comparing like with like? I'm not sure when you did the comparison, but I've just searched both sites for Clickfree 500GB and I got different models. The UK model has wifi, which the US one doesn't. The UK model also has rubbish reviews and the US one has really good reviews, so it sounds as if the extra money for the wifi might be a complete waste of time.

Latest posts

Back