How can this happen?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
Ok, so I had a pair of earrings "on hold" because my refunds, despite being actioned by GemsTV last week or so I'm told, have still not appeared back in my account. So rather than lose a pair of earrings, I put them "on hold". Yesterday (Saturday), I phoned to say there would be money in the account that I want debited on Monday so please can they debit and ship on Monday? No problem.

This morning (Sunday) I get up and receive an email saying that GemsTV were unable to charge my credit card! :headbang::headbang::headbang::down: WHAT? Now, my understanding was that GemsTV/RocksTV only take the money on the day of dispatch and don't get prior approval from the Bank? BTW that was confirmed by a customer care agent today. So.............. why are GemsTV trying to charge my card at the weekend when there is clearly NO dispatch?

The Customer Care Agent said that they might have only tried to take £1 to ensure the authenticity of the card but I can assure you they didn't because that account has a few quid in it (although not enough to cover the full order).

So, what's going on? If things have changed then the customer should be made aware AND when I spoke to the Customer Care Agent on Saturday he should have told me to leave it until Monday because that's when the card would be charged. The Customer Care Agent simply didn't help today and all she could say was "well it'll be tried again on the next working day" so when I pointed out that it was charged on a Saturday so did that mean Sunday was a working day she said "No. It'll be tried again on Monday". We'll see!

It's simply NOT good enough to move goal posts like this. :down:

You know what? I've only recently started shopping with GemsTV again and this is turning into such a headache that if things don't start going smoothly, I'm going to go on strike and take my hard earned dosh elsewhere.

Oh my word! After a long break I succombed this weekend, entranced by all the iconic jewellery with every nuance of colour and at such phenominal prices.

I've several pieces in my basket despite Adina reminding me of why I found it so hard to watch. I do hope the sale goes through smoothly and that I don't have to return anything, otherwise I'm gonna have to get back on the wagon. By the way, as a welcome back gift to this nit-picker, Adina sold a "brand new just in today" piece for £47 which I had bought yesterday for £39. :wonder:

I do hope you get your refund and orders sorted out now without any more hassle Meesh. xxxxxxxx

PS Despite that, and the manure still under Adina's paddles, I've been like a kid in a sweetie shop, as so much is new to me. I'd recommend the occasional break as over-familiarity is clearly a problem. xx

I spotted your name last night, arge, and I thought, ey up, she's testing the waters again, is our Arge. I hope you don't have any problems with your orders, and that it all runs smoothly, but I have to say that Meesh's experience seems to be par for the course at the moment. I do think, however, that most of the glitches and damaged pieces I've received have originated at the Gems end of the Coloured Rocks spectrum, no, not speculum, Arge...so who knows?
Meesh, my understanding is that no money is taken until the items have left the warehouse, but it would seem that that is not always the case. There does seem to be general confusion at the moment, see Sazza's comments in the On Hold thread for prime examples of this.

Well, as an update and to follow on from your post Yo, the card was retried (according to my Bank) at 02.00 hours on Monday morning - definitely NOT when the warehouse was working! Ok, the package was shipped today but it just goes to show that you shouldn't "un hold" anything until the actual day because money WILL be taken at odd times beforehand.

Still no sign of the refunds in my bank ...................

Well, as an update and to follow on from your post Yo, the card was retried (according to my Bank) at 02.00 hours on Monday morning - definitely NOT when the warehouse was working! Ok, the package was shipped today but it just goes to show that you shouldn't "un hold" anything until the actual day because money WILL be taken at odd times beforehand.

Still no sign of the refunds in my bank ...................

Goodness me, that's certainly not what we're told during the presentations, is it? They often say that no money will be taken until the item/s leave the warehouse. Would that they were that eager to refund our money, then perhaps we'd have funds back into our accounts in a reasonable time.

I'm still waiting for refunds, too, Meesh, what a palaver!

Latest posts

Back