windguard tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
i really need a nice smart brolly but the reviews are so bad for previous windguard umbrellas so am a bit nervous trying it out.

any opinions ?

I wouldn't bother. I ordered one for myself and my mum the other year and couldn't believe the weight of it. I've got one by Fulton that's never turned inside out yet. Also the footage of the guest presenter breaking one was so funny and would be enough to put me off.

I think I've managed to post a link to the thread from a few days ago about the Windguard breaking during the live demo!

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24708

I had one a few years ago and it was rubbish, very heavy and collapsed the first time I used it. It seems my experience was not unique. Looking on the positive side, they might have improved the design for this TSV (ever the optimist :giggle:)

Wouldn't you be p'd off if you'd bought the brolly for 3 quid more the other day? Surely they'll get more returns, order cancellations and disgruntled buyers? And yet QVC do this a lot; they'll sell a full priced item earlier in the day and then it'll be cheaper in a set as an OTO later on. :confused:

Mind you, if they bought after the broken brolly presentation they've only got themselves to blame :grin:

Jude xx

Save your money !!!!

I got one 3 yrs ago when it was a TSV thinking it would be good living by the sea and getting a lot of wind and rain but less than a minute after using it first time, it blew inside out and broke. Granted they say they've improved it but.....I stick to ones for about £5 mark from the dreaded high street or possibly even worse, one I got from a street seller in Rome for 5 euros and it's been great :eek::eek::eek:

You could get 4 or 5 for the amount of the TSV inc p&p. I almost bought one for 99p in B&M Bargains the other day but resisted. May go back and get one to see what it's like....

i have a really tiny fulton for about 4 years now. really compact so much so that its not that big open. i want to be covered and have something that will see me through many years of long wet weather. oh well!:rain:

My mum bought one for my sis a few years back and it was so heavy, it didn't bother my sis but there was no way I could carry it, anyway it wasn't long before it broke.

See the other thread.

I don't use mine, weighed it this morning (yes sad but true), weighs 510g, far too heavy to carry around with me so therefore I never use it.

My daughters yellow striped windguard no light version umbrella weighs 475g.
She no longer takes it to school as it's far too heavy in her school bag and more so when it's PE days. :whew:
The web site says the TSV weighs 450g so will not be replacing hers with the todays offering. :muscle:

i really need a nice smart brolly but the reviews are so bad for previous windguard umbrellas so am a bit nervous trying it out.

any opinions ?

I have had mine for a couple of years, best umbrella I have ever bought.

I bought one a few years ago and it is heavy and the struts bent after no time at all. Also, one of the fibre glass/carbon things (that support the structure) gave way on one side and dangled about in a really annoying way. The idea is great and I would happily try another one if they were improved but I can manage without another brolly for the moment.

I've had my windgard brolley for almost 10 years now and I love it!
It is quite heavy to carry around on a speculative basis but I can't fault it. I have bought several over the years for various family members and they have all been pleased with them.
I noticed last week that the frame on mine is slightly bent so it may have to be replaced but after 10 years, I don't mind.

Latest posts

Back