They're At It Again - A Plea to The Bennets

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacqualina

Registered Shopper
I really wish Gems/Rocks would sort themselves out because to me they're coming across as very misleading again.
Angeline has been running a promo this morning for a Star Buy of a Tookalon amethyst bracelet which has just been auctioned. And the Star Buy price?? Exactly the same price that I've seen it go for many times recently:£49. So that begs the question, what on earth does Star Buy mean?
Please, Steve/Sarah/John et all, when you run a 'Clearance', 'Sale', 'Manager's Special' or 'Star Buy' with special promotions you are psychologically preparing your customers for a better deal than they've previously seen for that item, whatever your legal parameters may be. When items are then sold at the same, or even higher price than they were previously available for, you come across as somewhat dodgy to say the least.
Surely you must be able to see this for yourselves? You understand how annoying it is to buy something and then see it go for less and offer a credit into our accounts if we phone within the hour, so how is the above constantly happening?
Trustworthiness is the one most important factor for me when I deal with a company and part with my money, and I'm afraid this issue is really disturbing me and from looking through this Forum recently, I know I'm not the only one.

You beat me to it, Jacqualina. I have seen this happening so often recently and I am very disturbed by the dubious ethics of it. The presenters frequently state that the 'star buy', now for some reason referred to as 'the manager's special', contains a piece taken to a really wonderful price that can never be repeated. This is a blatant lie - the items go to the same price they always do, if not higher, and it is extremely misleading. I also noticed that some 'cauldron auctions' over the Halloween spookily low price extravaganza... finished higher than I paid for them. Trick or treat? I'm thinking trick, myself...

:mysmilie_518: Puss, your post reminded me of the time when Rocks was only on the internet and Steve did such a good job with his performance on every auction of loose stones, about how much money he was loosing because the computer was up the Swanee and dropping too low. Half the folk were rushing in to grab up some extremely dubious looking "gemstones", whilst the rest were in Chat working up hysteria and getting upset that Steve was "loosing so much money".

It wasn't until chat was full of shouts for Steve to stop because he was "loosing so much money" and then the final straw "stop buying can't you see Steve is loosing money" and surprise, surprise he started to reassure his audience that all was well. Chat was getting quite nasty to people who were buying - lol. It was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen shopping-wise, including Dalston Market, but just goes to show the power these people can have over their customers. To abuse customer friendship and loyalty like this, although entertaining, was also despicable.

Right, I'm going to the kitchen to do washing up and general cleaning, as it's more fun than I realised. xxxxxxxxx

PS - Despite all this whining, I am pleased with my basket, so it wasn't a total waste of time watching - merely a tad hard on the old nerves. xx

See, I missed all that, Argey, but it never ceases to amaze me how naive people can be, that they can't see such an obvious selling tactic for what it is, the dozy bleeders! Blimey, I think I would have vomited 3 or 4 hundred times at such a pathetic spectacle.
The similarity now is when the presenters say, "We're losing money on this, this is good for you, but not good for us, we can't even make the piece for this price..." and on and on, along with the daily mantra, "according to our 'research', you couldn't even buy the gold for this price on the highstreet".

Oh no! Please don't set me off again about the strange gold price calculation, I'll have to get me tray out again. xxxxxxx

Oh no! Please don't set me off again about the strange gold price calculation, I'll have to get me tray out again. xxxxxxx

Argey, can't you hit someone else with the tray? It seems a bit masochistic to keep punishing yourself, duckieboots. Could you not take a trip to Gems/Rocks Towers and brandish your tray in a meaningful way there? I'll tootle along with you and make sure they know that my pea shooter means business. Or perhaps I could get Nessa to forego the joys of her extra strength tena ladies and make ready with her own take on 'pee shooter'...

:mysmilie_518: Puss, your post reminded me of the time when Rocks was only on the internet and Steve did such a good job with his performance on every auction of loose stones, about how much money he was loosing because the computer was up the Swanee and dropping too low. Half the folk were rushing in to grab up some extremely dubious looking "gemstones", whilst the rest were in Chat working up hysteria and getting upset that Steve was "loosing so much money".

It wasn't until chat was full of shouts for Steve to stop because he was "loosing so much money" and then the final straw "stop buying can't you see Steve is loosing money" and surprise, surprise he started to reassure his audience that all was well. Chat was getting quite nasty to people who were buying - lol. It was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen shopping-wise, including Dalston Market, but just goes to show the power these people can have over their customers. To abuse customer friendship and loyalty like this, although entertaining, was also despicable.

Right, I'm going to the kitchen to do washing up and general cleaning, as it's more fun than I realised. xxxxxxxxx

PS - Despite all this whining, I am pleased with my basket, so it wasn't a total waste of time watching - merely a tad hard on the old nerves. xx

Oh, Argey, I remember those loose gem hours well. I couldn't believe how worked up and protective certain people in chat were getting over their "friend's" money-losing performance. I think in those days, and probably still even now with some people, they mistake a shrewd businessman for a personal friend!

Oh poo! I see too much head banging has also 'uggered me spelling. Got me losing money confoosed with me loose change. :confused: xxxxxx

:grin::grin::grin: You have absolutely made my day with this post Arge! I haven't laughed so much for ages! I cannot believe that people can be soooooooo naive! Seriously, did people really fall for that????? That's utterly incredible!

Right, am off to sell some ice to some Eskimos I know!

'Fraid so Meesh. It even came overe here for a while, as these things have a habit of doing. It was simply one of the maddest things I've seen in Chat. :mysmilie_520: xxxxxxx

Oh Argey, I too remember this so well. I think Steve was blaming Tony (who runs Gems Academy?) for inputting the wrong prices. Whether or not this was true, the hysterical response from some Chatters was laughable. Perhaps they were fretting that Steve would have to sell something from his not inconsiderable property portfolio to cover the shortfall? :giggle:

Latest posts

Back