Storing your Jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

nanpam

Registered Shopper
Don't know if this has been a thread before or not! If it has apologies.
I wondered how other people stored their jewellery. I have purchased quite a few rings,pendants and necklaces from various channels and have an abundance of ring boxes etc. I am interested to know if others keep the items in the boxes or transfer them to a jewellery box where they would obviously take up less space, but then I believe there may be a problem with tarnishing? Your comments would be welcomed.:)

hi np i got a jewelry box fr om gtv more masculine look 4 all my rings it holds 24 rings hope that helps:)

As I wear yellow gold I don't really have any worries with tarnishing, but I did buy a little safe which is now bolted to the floor of my wardrobe and I keep my jewellery in there. It's not really because it's of great value, but more for sentmental reasons and the fact that I know I could never replace the vast majority.

I think I'm going to have to invest in one of Rocks' big jewellery boxes! :D

you can buy anti-tarnish jewellery boxes/bags for silver items.
gold you don't have to worry about. I don't care for jewellery boxes as they take up a fair bit of surface space and are also a target for thieves if you be unlucky to get hit.

I keep my various rings, pendants and bracelets in separate small beaded purses which I can hide away without trouble (if I can remember where I put them!) and can pop into my handbag on those occasions I go travelling with them.

I started off keeping things in their little boxes but it drove me mad having to go through them trying to find what i wanted, but i was also aware that putting everything in one big box that cant be hidden away very well was a risk as a burglar could just pick it up and I'd lose the lot .So i bought several nice jewellery boxes that would fit inside a safe ,the safe i have is from argos,its a bit of a beast but holds loads more than just my personal crown jewels if anyone is interested its on page 294 no13 electronic at £49.79 cheap for piece of mind (but nearly had a divorce when hubby had to fix it )lol

I've ordered a Prezerve case from QVC (I didn't know Rocks did jewellery boxes?)

btw on the reviews on QVC of the Prezerve items one person mentioned that she thought it wasn't wise to keep pearls in one of these items (though a few others have said they are fine) - anyone know about this? :)

Thank you for any replies.

I've ordered a Prezerve case from QVC (I didn't know Rocks did jewellery boxes?)

btw on the reviews on QVC of the Prezerve items one person mentioned that she thought it wasn't wise to keep pearls in one of these items (though a few others have said they are fine) - anyone know about this? :)

I have had a Prezerve jewellery box for a few years now and never once has an item tarnished in it. They are not cheap but I believe they are worth the price for the quality and how they keep your jewellery. I have several others as well as at the rate I buy it was full fairly quickly but I would love another couple exactly the same style but unfortunately I haven't been able to find them exactly the same. My biggest pain in the proverbial are necklaces and pendants - I cannot for the life of me find something right for them so any suggestions would be very welcome.

I didn't know about anti-tarnish jewellery boxes for silver... Must get one of those! (At the moment, I just let mine tarnish, and keep a polishing cloth handy.)

Sara, I have the Lori Greiner (sp?) jewellery mirror, which has an anti tarnish lining. I stored a pair of black Honora pearl earrings in it for a couple of weeks without thinking, and they have definitely changed colour :eek:, so I now keep all my pearls (and I have lots) in a separate box.
The mirror is great for all my other stuff though

Sara, I have the Lori Greiner (sp?) jewellery mirror, which has an anti tarnish lining. I stored a pair of black Honora pearl earrings in it for a couple of weeks without thinking, and they have definitely changed colour :eek:, so I now keep all my pearls (and I have lots) in a separate box.
The mirror is great for all my other stuff though

Thanks PAL - I only have one set of pearls (so far) and I love them, so definitely wouldn't like anything to happen to them - though they are white/cream but they do have a silver fastening which will tarnish.

Hi Sara, your post reminded me of this thread.
I have bought one of the PreZerve cases too and am storing pearls (of all kinds of colours) in mine.
So far, so good. But I do keep an eye on them.

HTH.

Hi Sara, your post reminded me of this thread.
I have bought one of the PreZerve cases too and am storing pearls (of all kinds of colours) in mine.
So far, so good. But I do keep an eye on them.

HTH.

Thanks for that Marion - I hadn't seen that thread before (LOL obviously the same QVC review I read!) - I'll probably chance it, when it arrives and keep an eye on them! :)

Latest posts

Back