Mmmmn!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
IS that all Catherine can say, (Duc dUo Chocs), she seems so uninterested. Whereas Thorntons she raves over! and when the guy said this pack of 13 mini boxes you could wrap up with a fiver each and give them to the bin men, well I nearly wet myself laughing ...

Can't say I'd be too impressed if someone bought me a box of Duc D'o chocs. But I'd love a box of Thorntons. Duc D'o always seem a bit cheap n' nasty to me. Dunno why.

I also laughed at that one, especially the price. I saw a similar box today - also Duc d'o - at the local Co-op ("gud with fud") for £1.00 per box!! :giggle:

Didn't she also say something about the guest with her having a lovely french accent? I'm watching him now with JF and if he's french then so am I :wink:

I also laughed at that one, especially the price. I saw a similar box today - also Duc d'o - at the local Co-op ("gud with fud") for £1.00 per box!! :giggle:

WHAT !!!! he said you can not buy these anywhere else other than QVC. I'm sure he did. I will take it back & check.

Yes he has said you will not find them in your supermarkets or anywhere else.

I must admit my mouth was watering at those liquer chocs but I'm not paying QVCs prices for them with an extra £3.95 for P&P.

Last edited:
Well Lilian they were definitely Duc D'o and definitely a quid a box. I will nip in again tomorrow lunchtime and check out the exact contents, weight etc. and report back.
:handshake:

Well Lilian they were definitely Duc D'o and definitely a quid a box. I will nip in again tomorrow lunchtime and check out the exact contents, weight etc. and report back.
:handshake:

Yes, I bought these last year for £1 and Sainsbury's stock their chocolate.

I laughed too about presents for the milkman, binman, postman etc.

JF said that it was so cool to buy 13 boxes of chocolates from QVC just by pressing the red button....so using tinternet and phone is off trend now! :wink:

They are sold elsewhere - I bought truffles from TJ Hughes and saw another set in Poundland last week. Don't be fooled by QVC! :taphead:

Even in my very small town I know of 2 retailers that sell them. They're not nice, very greasy:bandit:

What annoyed me is how they dealt with someone who texted (?) in to ask if the chocs contained gluten. Basically he didn't know and suggested that the texter check the list of ingredients on the box when they arrived and send them back if they weren't suitable ! The postage for item on air at that moment was £3.45 !

What annoyed me is how they dealt with someone who texted (?) in to ask if the chocs contained gluten. Basically he didn't know and suggested that the texter check the list of ingredients on the box when they arrived and send them back if they weren't suitable ! The postage for item on air at that moment was £3.45 !

it annoys the hell out of me when the guest presenter, so called expert, doesnt know their product inside out! pretty pointless being there if you dont know the answers! :angry:

Q had no right having this Co. on. Basic question and a hugely valid one. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

I have bought them from my local supermarket. They don't have a very nice texture - like chewing soap!!:confused:

Save your pennies and buy Thorntons or Hotel Chocolat.

Last edited:
Lilian, been back to Co-op "gud with fud" today - 1 x 100g box of Duc D'o "18 Finest Miniature Chocolates" on offer for a pound each.

Now I can't remember the weight and price of the ones on QVC, was it about 20 something pounds plus postage for 13 boxes, not in stock now?!

Maybe the exclusive to QVC part is that the particular boxes they stock are not available anywhere else? Maybe? Dunno but I do remember that they were always available in Woolworths!!

I have to agree with other forumites in that they do feel particularly oily in the mouth, not very pleasant but if there was no other chocolate in the house I would resort to them. :giggle:

Off now, Happy Bonfire Night everyone! x

:rain:

All these chocolates are nice enough, but I don't know why the shopping channels need to get involved especially when they're readily available in your local cornershop let alone in the supermarket...they'll be umming and ahhing about Mars bars next! If I'm going to spend supermoney on chocolates I'd go to choccowoccydoodah, or Hotel chocolat, where the quality is a squillion times superior to the likes of Lily O' Briens and Thorntons. If the shopping channels were offering a special gift wrapping, chocolates by post deal with gift card service,I'd see more point..but to be selling stuff that you can buy for a couple of quid in Co-op just seems silly!

Latest posts

Back