I wish people wouldn't blame the presenters...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tasi

Registered Shopper
... when the price is too high or the amount of goods wrongly stated. They are only salesmen/women who are trained to be buddy buddy with you to get you to buy, and are told to push the hard sell.

The finishing price is always known in advance and the presenter has nothing to do with that.

Irritating and manic as some of the are, they are only following what they are told in advance through their ear pieces.

I compltely agree, presenters too often get stick for things they are often told to say or have no control over!

Thanks Sky! I wondered for a while if I was missing something. They are only empolyees and, at the end of the day, a job's a job in this day and age. Can't blame them for doing what they are told. It's not a job I would like to do.

They must be told to count down the amount of stock that is left eg 100 goes to 99 98 97 ect. Sorry but this drives me mad. All the presenters seem to be doing it lately. They are always behind the number on screen sometimes by alot. Please stop.:down:

They must be told to count down the amount of stock that is left eg 100 goes to 99 98 97 ect. Sorry but this drives me mad. All the presenters seem to be doing it lately. They are always behind the number on screen sometimes by alot. Please stop.:down:

does the quantity actually go down, i never see anything sell, they used to jump out in 5's and 10's...

... when the price is too high or the amount of goods wrongly stated. They are only salesmen/women who are trained to be buddy buddy with you to get you to buy, and are told to push the hard sell.

The finishing price is always known in advance and the presenter has nothing to do with that.

Irritating and manic as some of the are, they are only following what they are told in advance through their ear pieces.

Ah yes, the 'just following orders' defence. Popular at war crime tribunals.

Ah yes, the 'just following orders' defence. Popular at war crime tribunals.

I love slagging sit-up as much as anyone, but comarping the presenters to war criminals is a bit extreme. Yes, the presenters are irritating, but they're not quite at the Nazi level yet...:tongue:

Latest posts

Back