Scarey make-up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
I love Lynn Jinks, I really do, but yesterday she'd plastered sequins and sparkly stuff all over her face (to celebrate November 5th I guess) and today I have no idea what she's celebrating? A fight with Mike Tyson? Black eyes are NOT a good look.

Sorry Lynn but please tone it down hun. I love you, I really do. You've become one of my faves but the past two days I've had trouble getting past the make-up. Please tone it down. You're pretty and don't need all the embelishments. (Sorry).

p.s. Love the pony tail and clean well manicured nails.

Afraid I can't stand her, the shouting and the porkie pies really grate on my nerves, as does her voice. She seems to base her look on some kind of Danny La Rue meets Bet Lynch, and I can't say I find it in any way aesthetically pleasing.

It's nails (and acrylic ones at that...) down the blackboard time for me when she says, (and she does...incessantly...) "It's not gerlass, it's not perlastic, it's very gerlamorous, in the berlue and the berlack; these are genuine gemstones, not gerlass, not perlastic, very gerlamorous....

Last edited:
I'm a Lynn lover too. With regard to the make-up - well that's just Lynn. She seems to be on a constant experiment with makeup and hair, with some better results than others. However, it's her sheer "joie de vivre" I like about her, even if she does have some bad habits presentation-wise. She can have me in stitches sometimes, though I haven't seen her on top form for a while.

Oh yes and the clean fingernails. There are one or two complete horrors amongst the "falsies" set. xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I love, love, love Lynn!

I like the way she tries out new styles with hair etc... I have to wear minimal make-up, wear my hair tied back and keep my fingernails short to keep my patients safe. A good reason for certain but I wish I could glam up a bit sometimes!

Inge :eek:)

I used to like Lynn, but I'm afraid she's one of the many I immediately turn off now, or at the very least mute. If only they'd all calm down and stop shouting/screeching at us, I'm sure I'd like them all (nearly!).
I did see her make-up and assumed she'd got confused and thought it was haloween again.
Changing the subject completely, does anyone know if there is a post Christmas money back guarantee yet? I checked the other day and was told by CS that there wasn't one (just 30 days) and that they didn't do it last year either, but I really thought they did. Anyway, ended up sending a few items back that I'd bought as presents as I don't want to be stuck with them if they're not suitable.

I used to like Lynn, but I'm afraid she's one of the many I immediately turn off now, or at the very least mute. If only they'd all calm down and stop shouting/screeching at us, I'm sure I'd like them all (nearly!).
I did see her make-up and assumed she'd got confused and thought it was haloween again.
Changing the subject completely, does anyone know if there is a post Christmas money back guarantee yet? I checked the other day and was told by CS that there wasn't one (just 30 days) and that they didn't do it last year either, but I really thought they did. Anyway, ended up sending a few items back that I'd bought as presents as I don't want to be stuck with them if they're not suitable.

Yes, I wondered that.

Anyway, who cares what went on last year? Since we are not doing authenticity cards now, which we did do last year, I can't see how anyone can use tradition as an excuse.

Besides, if they are so behind with the returns it would give them time to catch up.....

I was flicking through when I saw her and I immediately said to my hubby ....OMG, I do hope she is "Dressed up" for halloween!!!. That make up was horrendous on her.!

For the record they did do post Xmas 30 day return because I made use of it - most companies do I thought - and besides as they are encouraging sales for xmas so early - buy for xmas etc etc AND letters to santa - they surely must expect to have an extended money back guarantee period - if not dont start xmas selling quite so early !!

It is running across both Rocks and Gems that there is an extended return date until 25th January.

Got to say, just saw Lynn tonight and she looks fab. Make up toned down and her hair was straightened and loose. She looked young, fresh and stylish! So refreshing to see! Nice one Lynn.

Not a fan of Lynn. But when compared to the rest of them I surpose she is the best of a bad bunch! I find her really annoying/ shouty and patronising. But nearly as bad as the rest. It's pretty poor when their best presenter is the one you dislike the least ...

Latest posts

Back