I knew it !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Despite there being a Gem Fest this afternoon, I have thought for ages that there has been very very few gold gem shows on of late, and way too much moooooookite / rubykite / everyotherkite, diamoneeeeek, silver shows from every new designer on the planet, and costume jewellery from others who are desperate to re-ignite their careers.

To re-inforce this theory of mine, I have been on the website, and compared to a couple of years ago, there is very little gold gem designs to speak of. Blueberry quartz - the stone they gave huge fanfares to has only TWO pieces listed. Aquamarine, hardly any - not much ruby or emeralds either.

They are definitely going down the cheap route now - so hang on to your rings girls, they could be worth quite a bit !

Despite there being a Gem Fest this afternoon, I have thought for ages that there has been very very few gold gem shows on of late, and way too much moooooookite / rubykite / everyotherkite, diamoneeeeek, silver shows from every new designer on the planet, and costume jewellery from others who are desperate to re-ignite their careers.

To re-inforce this theory of mine, I have been on the website, and compared to a couple of years ago, there is very little gold gem designs to speak of. Blueberry quartz - the stone they gave huge fanfares to has only TWO pieces listed. Aquamarine, hardly any - not much ruby or emeralds either.

They are definitely going down the cheap route now - so hang on to your rings girls, they could be worth quite a bit !

when QVC first had blueberry quartz it was an exclusive to them now most of the jewellery channels have it so that is why thats gone down

and there has been a few ruby and emerald shows lately

:wait:
Hello, I would say wear your gold as much as you can before it crumbles into pieces. I bought a pair of gold earrings from their Spanish gold collection, about 10 years ago. I wore them about 5 or 6 times as they were not comfy. They had a spring clasp and it pinched my ears. Anyway, this year I bought some of those comfort pads to relieve the pain. When I popped the earrings on they both shattered into about a dozen pieces each. The clasp was obviously to strong for the 9ct gold fronts, goodness what they alloyed the gold with! I clearly remember the sales patter as it is typical - hang onto these / pass them down as heirlooms! What a load of twaddle! I realised that the guarantee was well and truly ended but QVC were totally disinterested, I will never trust the standard of their gold again. I have Georgian and Victorian antique pieces in varying carats of gold and none of these are brittle.

Inge xxx

Latest posts

Back