Joan Rivers, "A Piece of Work"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a big fan of Joan but not her jewellery. Heard her on the radio a few mornings ago and she said that she has about 35 people working in her jewellery business and she puts all their kids through university and that don't come cheap in the States so good on her.

I like Joan - saw her live in Manchester a few years ago and she was fantastic.

I love Joan, really looking forward to the More4 night on her this week with the showing of that film. They're also showing the episode of ShrinkRap she did with Dr Pamela Connolly which was a very moving hour of television - you will laugh and cry buckets.

I got her live DVD a few years back it is wrong in many ways but so right :giggle:

Very funny......

Joan appeared in last Friday's Graham Norton show.....along with Johnny Knoxville (Jackass) and even he was a bit taken aback by some of her remarks. She was talking about this new documentary.....and for a 77yr old, she looked pretty damned good....even with the youknowwhat!

I'm a big fan of Joan but not her jewellery. Heard her on the radio a few mornings ago and she said that she has about 35 people working in her jewellery business and she puts all their kids through university and that don't come cheap in the States so good on her.

Yeah, as a rule I'm not a fan of her QVC line of jewellery but I did buy these from the range a few years back and I heart them with all my being - and in all honesty they're not precious metal but they have lasted better than some of my gold/silver jewellery and haven't tarnished or spoiled despite the amount they've been worn.:wave:

Attachments

• DSC01416.JPG
    DSC01416.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 142
love Joan, have never bought any of the jewellery as it is not really my sort of thing but after Cavegirl's recommendation I might do a quick trawl of last clicks and see if anything catches my eye, well not literally of course!!! Looking forward to the channel 4 film, she really makes me laugh.

Joan appeared in last Friday's Graham Norton show.....along with Johnny Knoxville (Jackass) and even he was a bit taken aback by some of her remarks. She was talking about this new documentary.....and for a 77yr old, she looked pretty damned good....even with the youknowwhat!

Yeah I saw that, she was a bit naughty:grin: I no longer watch her on QVC she is a bit of a loose cannon.

I love Joan, really looking forward to the More4 night on her this week with the showing of that film. They're also showing the episode of ShrinkRap she did with Dr Pamela Connolly which was a very moving hour of television - you will laugh and cry buckets.
I got her live DVD a few years back it is wrong in many ways but so right :giggle:

Ooo, I didn't know about that, I shall have to watch that too.

I didn't know she was on, I'm pretty hit and miss with Norton, gonna try and watch the repeat on Monday.

Yeah, as a rule I'm not a fan of her QVC line of jewellery but I did buy these from the range a few years back and I heart them with all my being - and in all honesty they're not precious metal but they have lasted better than some of my gold/silver jewellery and haven't tarnished or spoiled despite the amount they've been worn.:wave:

love Joan, have never bought any of the jewellery as it is not really my sort of thing but after Cavegirl's recommendation I might do a quick trawl of last clicks and see if anything catches my eye, well not literally of course!!! Looking forward to the channel 4 film, she really makes me laugh.

Nows the time to start buying it, coz when she snuffs it, it will sky-rocket in value, I reckon she's got another 7 years.

Yeah I saw that, she was a bit naughty:grin: I no longer watch her on QVC she is a bit of a loose cannon.[/QUOTE]

That's the only reason to watch when she's on and to watch the presenters squirm.

I've caught the last few episodes of Fashion Police on E! and she's hysterical on that, though there's a fair bit of bleeping when she's being a potty mouth.

Joan is a legend. I love the smattering of yiddish words she comes out with. (Schmekel is the latest one I've learned.:tongue:) It's an education!

Thanks for the heads up on those shows. I'll watch with interest.

I have bumped this as a reminder for any that are interested.

:movie::clock:

I have bumped this as a reminder for any that are interested.

:movie::clock:

I haz set my HDD to record this festival of brilliance:nod: - BFT I can heartily recommend the ShrinkRap episode, in fact I strongly urge you not to miss it. It's an utterly captivating hour of TV...:nod:

I haz set my HDD to record this festival of brilliance:nod: - BFT I can heartily recommend the ShrinkRap episode, in fact I strongly urge you not to miss it. It's an utterly captivating hour of TV...:nod:

That ShrinkRap episode was indeed very good, in some ways it gave me a different insight into Joan, because as much as I like her, there are things about her which really bug and sometimes anger me...however, I now understand what may be at the root of some of these objectionable perosnality traits.

As for a 'Piece of Work', I thought it was quite brilliant and sad in a lot of ways. It was great seeing all of that old footage of Joan, she was realy quite attractive for about 5 minutes in the 1960's, before she started effing her face up with surgery...as her daughter Melissa has too, thank God Melissa had a boy as they are less likely to inflict and inpose all their body and face issues on another generation of female.

What I do admire most about Joan is her work ethic, I'm quite a busy person but SHE makes me feel like the laziest person on earth.

That whole business with her manager is one of the most tragic things about this piece, doesn't matter how much money you have to insulate you from certain harsh facts of life, money can't replace a person who you've shared a history with for over 3 and half decades, I really wonder what went wrong there?What the REAL story is.

I get the feeling he was jealous of her money and lifestyle. But surely after working for her for 30 years, he's not exactly living in a cardboard box, so what's the deal?

Sad.

That ShrinkRap episode was indeed very good, in some ways it gave me a different insight into Joan, because as much as I like her, there are things about her which really bug and sometimes anger me...however, I now understand what may be at the root of some of these objectionable perosnality traits.

As for a 'Piece of Work', I thought it was quite brilliant and sad in a lot of ways. It was great seeing all of that old footage of Joan, she was realy quite attractive for about 5 minutes in the 1960's, before she started effing her face up with surgery...as her daughter Melissa has too, thank God Melissa had a boy as they are less likely to inflict and inpose all their body and face issues on another generation of female.

What I do admire most about Joan is her work ethic, I'm quite a busy person but SHE makes me feel like the laziest person on earth.

That whole business with her manager is one of the most tragic things about this piece, doesn't matter how much money you have to insulate you from certain harsh facts of life, money can't replace a person who you've shared a history with for over 3 and half decades, I really wonder what went wrong there?What the REAL story is.

I get the feeling he was jealous of her money and lifestyle. But surely after working for her for 30 years, he's not exactly living in a cardboard box, so what's the deal?

Sad.

She could be just running though, from her thoughts.

Latest posts

Back