Yankee or Prices scented tealights?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Am looking for some scented tealights for Christmas, and was wondering which ones gave the most fragrance? I have to say, I have had quite a lot of Yankee tarts and candles and I only smell them when "literally, actually" stood over them - I want the aroma to fill the house and waft down the street to make the postman feel he has come home for the holidays, as that really annoying woman claims they do!! :giggle:

Am looking for some scented tealights for Christmas, and was wondering which ones gave the most fragrance? I have to say, I have had quite a lot of Yankee tarts and candles and I only smell them when "literally, actually" stood over them - I want the aroma to fill the house and waft down the street to make the postman feel he has come home for the holidays, as that really annoying woman claims they do!! :giggle:

Not sure if this will help Capirossi but I find the Christmas scents from Yankie quite overpowering, so maybe they will give you the overall aroma you are looking for.

I have a few YC tea lights some I can smell in the room others as you mentioned you have to be standing next to them, my son has Prices odour tea lights and you can certainly smell them but they are subtle at the same time. I am going to get some from www.scentedcandleshop.com they have a great range of scented tea lights including YC ones, and see how they compare.

piper

Definitely Yankee. I have had both and find that you can only smell the Prices ones if you stand over them.

Yankee ones will fragrance an average sized room with just 2 tealights. I put them in tealight holders in my hallway and the scent wafts up the stairs.

Hope this helps.

My vote is for Price's.
They are way way way cheaper than Yankee, so you can burn a lot more if you don't think they are strong enough.
I also think they smoke less than Yankee and don't leave a black mark on my ceiling.
(The Yankee ones did leave a mark).

def yankee, and the christmas scents are very powerful so you should be able to smell them, especially if you get the christmas tarts.
hope this helps...:wink:

If you go for Yankee - don't buy from rip-off QVC with their 'WTF 'p&p charges!! yankeedoodle.co.uk do the full range pretty much for much less!

Rich

Well, I was training in Dunelm today and spotted some scented tealights, so I thought I would give them a try. £1.99 for a pack of 9. I picked up Mulled Wine, Snowflake and Cinammon. I have had one of each burning in the lounge since I came home, an hour ago, and the fragrance is amazing! Hubby smelt them as soon as he came in (a floor below) and I can smell them a floor above too - so no worries about them filling the house with scent! Very impressed. Cheaper and (for me) easier to get hold of than Yankee. :happy:

Well, I was training in Dunelm today and spotted some scented tealights, so I thought I would give them a try. £1.99 for a pack of 9. I picked up Mulled Wine, Snowflake and Cinammon. I have had one of each burning in the lounge since I came home, an hour ago, and the fragrance is amazing! Hubby smelt them as soon as he came in (a floor below) and I can smell them a floor above too - so no worries about them filling the house with scent! Very impressed. Cheaper and (for me) easier to get hold of than Yankee. :happy:

Glad you found some to suit, do they have a brand name?

piper

Thanks Piper. No, they're just Dunelm own brand - lots of different fragrances. They even do the plug-in fragrances too. I'll definately be looking in the candle section again next week! Tealights are still going strong by the way, 3.5 hours on :star:

Latest posts

Back