Even heroin addicts wanna look good.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

BenFongTorres

Guest Shopper
Soooo......

I'm watching a programme and the junkie is showing us her drug paraphernalia, then it cuts to a scene of an open container of Philosophy Hope In Jar(how poignant eh?), then the next shot is of some Smashbox and I believe some Bobby Brown.

Me?? Smacked of gob!

To be fair she did look pretty good as far as teenage smack-addicts go. Maybe she could be a spokesperson for Philosophy, to fill that big Lee sized void.

"You know even though I inject toxic substances into myself 10 times a day, I still want my skin to feel baby soft..so I use Philosophy".

I would post a link for this show, but I'm not really clear on the guidleines for posting links on ST.
I'm not even sure is this post will still be here when I come back to it, as it's only tenuously connected to QVC, however, I will tell you that you can see this show on Channel 4 on Demand, It's called DISPATCHES and titled Britain's Street Kids.

I watched that last week and noticed the QVC cosmetics. That poor, poor girl, she was only 16 and I fear she won't reach 25. She was called Robyn.

I watched that last week and noticed the QVC cosmetics. That poor, poor girl, she was only 16 and I fear she won't reach 25. She was called Robyn.

Yes, that's her.

It does beg the question though, how does one afford, Philosophy, Smashbox and Heroin?

Pretty pricey addictions, wouldn't you agree?

I could only afford one of those things at a time.:cheeky:

Well since Smashbox and Philosophy are available at counters, loads of the latter in TKMaxx at the moment. I believe its called shoplifting. Or breaking into someone's house for stuff to sell, but see bits the want to keep themsleves.

Well since Smashbox and Philosophy are available at counters, loads of the latter in TKMaxx at the moment. I believe its called shoplifting. Or breaking into someone's house for stuff to sell, but see bits the want to keep themsleves.

I didn't see this tv show tbh, so I don't know about this young girl....but heroin addicts can have loving families, and the stuff could well have been bought for her as presents. I knew a girl who was sadly addicted, and yes she did shoplift fairly regularly. She was from a well to do family, and her mother used to buy herself and her son pricey presents xmas, birthdays.
Happily, she is clean now and has been for 15 years!

There was also quite a high profile case in my home town, where the daughter of an again very well to do family became addicted, it was on tv. Her mother booked her into a clinic in South Africa, but again made sure that she was given lovely presents.

I saw this last week and my heart broke for that poor young girl. She had an awful upbringing and had been more or less forced into becoming an addict aged 11. So so sad.

The Philosophy pot was really old and filthy looking, the poor kid was so desperate for food that she ate ice from her freezer to make herself feel like she'd had something to eat.
It was one of the saddest things I've seen in a long while. Robyn was obviously a bright kid who could have had a future despite her terrible upbringing.

I didn't see this tv show tbh, so I don't know about this young girl....but heroin addicts can have loving families, and the stuff could well have been bought for her as presents. I knew a girl who was sadly addicted, and yes she did shoplift fairly regularly. She was from a well to do family, and her mother used to buy herself and her son pricey presents xmas, birthdays.
Happily, she is clean now and has been for 15 years!

There was also quite a high profile case in my home town, where the daughter of an again very well to do family became addicted, it was on tv. Her mother booked her into a clinic in South Africa, but again made sure that she was given lovely presents.

I doubt very much this girl is getting any beauty care-packages.:frown:

The Philosophy pot was really old and filthy looking, the poor kid was so desperate for food that she ate ice from her freezer to make herself feel like she'd had something to eat.
It was one of the saddest things I've seen in a long while. Robyn was obviously a bright kid who could have had a future despite her terrible upbringing.

I have a feeling she could turm it around, as she clearly is sharp as a tack, however, I fear she won't get it together before she contracts some deadly disease, if one isn't already festering.

I was a drugs worker for over 6 years and my service users came from all walks of life what many of them had in common was troubled backgounds, heroin fills all sorts of voids, emotional, physcological etc.

Latest posts

Back