Lily O'Brien anyone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missshopalot

Registered Shopper
Have just seen a trailer for Lily O'Brien chocolates on QVC. This really surprised me for 2 reasons, firstly I didn't realise QVC did them, secondly, they are the worst chocolates I have ever had. :puke:
Have just read some of the reviews and they seem quite mixed. What does everyone here think? Is it just me or does anyone else think they taste really cheap?

Do shop elsewhere if you fancy the brand as most of the major supermarkets stock them now. Prices are far better than QVC as more often than not they're on offer! However, I do appreciate that you do have the added bonus of the 30 day MBG from QVC if you're not satisfied so I guess you could try virtually all of the box before you decide you really don't like them.........:mysmilie_5:

I've had some and they were OK, nothing fantastic but then I'm not a huge chocolate fan.

Didn't Lily O'Brien chocs used to be sold on IW? another brand from the dark side converted to QVC - wonder how long they will last on the Q?

I had some of these given to me. They reminded me of those chocolate tools you used to get or those chocolate buttons with the hundreds and thousands on.

My mum and I love them, the Sticky Toffee ones are delicious.
My mum buys them from QVC cause she is housebound, if I bought everything for her she would have no choice in anything she buys with her money.

Each to their own, we think they are scrummie. xxxxxxx

Personally I would describe them as "completely average"

Rich

I totally agree with misshoapalot, they are vile choclates

I agree too. Had some on my birthday last December and thought they tasted quite synthetic. Also intensely dislike the Duc d'Or chocs currently being flogged by Q. Virtually no taste at all. PS I have eaten a LOT of chocolate in my lifetime!

I never really liked the look of these or their strange flavours.

You'd have to go a long way to beat Guylian Seashells or Lindt Lindor imho.....
1zxqo2c_th1-1.gif

Each to their own indeed yazrose, :mysmilie_502:.

I must correct my earlier post though, I should have said "they are AMONGST the worst I have ever had" - Duc D'o obviously cannot be left out of that category IMO!

Still cannot understand why QVC are selling either of these when they are widely available in supermarkets and bargain stores everywhere you look, at knock down prices too AND of course without the P&P!

Will it be loo rolls next, even perhaps bottled water :mysmilie_507:

Each to their own indeed yazrose, :mysmilie_502:.

I must correct my earlier post though, I should have said "they are AMONGST the worst I have ever had" - Duc D'o obviously cannot be left out of that category IMO!

Still cannot understand why QVC are selling either of these when they are widely available in supermarkets and bargain stores everywhere you look, at knock down prices too AND of course without the P&P!

Will it be loo rolls next, even perhaps bottled water :mysmilie_507:

but only the most presteeeegiouuuussssssssssssss, quality loo roll, as used by Cheryl Cole, because it is so soft and luxuuuuuuuuuuuurious that it only need one sheet to remove her actual, literal, Elemis cleanser.
Whaddya think I was going to say...?
:cheeky:

I dont know why they dont try and get in a more exclusive brand of chocolate. I bought some Hotel Chocolat chocolates from John Lewis, a fiver for a bag of loads of wee delicious pralines! Would be nice if they did a preeeestiiigoussss range! :tongue:

And we must not forget the upcoming TSV next Monday, a brand that QVC obviously think cannot be purchased anywhere else!!! good old Thorntons, wonder what it will be, whatever it is P & P will be probably be £6+

My mum and I love them, the Sticky Toffee ones are delicious.
My mum buys them from QVC cause she is housebound, if I bought everything for her she would have no choice in anything she buys with her money.

Each to their own, we think they are scrummie. xxxxxxx

This where QVC comes into it's own. Your mum probably gets a lot of pleasure doing her shopping this way, especially her Christmas presents - the only way she can buy surprises for other peole.

Latest posts

Back