Indigo yuk

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
Just got home and switched on to have a look at whats on. OMG will anybody actually wear the "jean style" jacket with embroidery just on and now there is a velvet jacket with sequin detail. JF going about how fab everything is - yeah right she would not be seen dead in it. and the velvet duster jacket.........words fail me but apparently its selling so well and JF thinks it is stunning, Nuff said

It's not good is it? Some of the Duster Coats in the darker colours aren't tooooo bad. But on the whole it's grim. I have a dear friend who is an opera singer and she says they are good for stage work as they show up and attract the light, but she wouldn't be seen dead in them otherwise.

JF can't make her mind up what she's on about again, saying that IM pieces are timeless and don't date, then in next breath saying they are bang on trend... :giggle:

And at the end of the hour they are flogging Sue Bo's album, now I could see her in Indigo yuk. Probably does suit people who perform on stage but apart from that.

Ooops ! in the early days I confess to buying a couple of jackets - worn a few times then relegated to the charity bag. It was when I saw a lady of 103 wearing one in a Home that finished me ! AND AND AND there are never any ****** pockets in her jackets ! I HATE jackets or coats without pockets - all designers take note.

I confess to owning a couple of their embellished T shirts but the jackets are another matter.
I (vaguely) know two - pretty wealthy - ladies, one very thin the other a bit of a porker, and they both love IM jackets. They love to buy the latest one and show them off at many events. They think they are absolutely fab and constantly tell me that they receive loads of compliments. I must admit I am pretty baffled.:confused:

I confess to owning a couple of their embellished T shirts but the jackets are another matter.
I (vaguely) know two - pretty wealthy - ladies, one very thin the other a bit of a porker, and they both love IM jackets. They love to buy the latest one and show them off at many events. They think they are absolutely fab and constantly tell me that they receive loads of compliments. I must admit I am pretty baffled.:confused:

Call me cynical, but I would say that the first highlighted part probably explains the second one :devil:

Klarion you are hilarious! Indigo Loon makes me want to laugh and puke at the same time, not a pretty propspect. I really think the models should get an award for bravery for wearing some of the stuff. I agree with Cavegirl that the duster coats could be ok but they always ruin them with OTT "embelishments" and trimmings. I have a beautiful plain black velvet coat, but if it was trimmed up a la Indigo stlyee it would be rendered monstrous, less really is more.........

The short jackets are so boxy (that was "BOXY" btw. lol) and the buttons are always vile:dull:

I've never really been a fan of the "Harlequin" look myself. Ok, if you're a performer I suppose...but you do see a lot of regular folk traipsing down the Germ...I mean High Street, wearing such garish attire. I know colour cheers people up, especially on a cold winters day, but I'm sure you can achieve that without looking like you're running late for an interview for Zippo's circus!

Yes, they are too decorative - maybe they would work if you were in an old folks home (cheery and all that) but then, they're not machine washable are they? so that wouldn't be so good then.

Wouldnt they just look the bees actual knees with one of those lovely crapper factory glittery numbers underneath. And maybe a velour trouser. (Just the one...)

Indigo moon fan!!!!!!!

o yes , there are a few of us out here !!!!!! im not fat, old ,skinny,or wish to be in the limelight , just like to look smart and INDIVIDUAL, if you know what colours suit you -and what styles etc these are great [better than trekkie bottoms -so called sports casual everyone wears] so stop being so ante anyone dressing differently, at least when you put one of these on YOUVE MADE AN EFFORT.

o yes , there are a few of us out here !!!!!! im not fat, old ,skinny,or wish to be in the limelight , just like to look smart and INDIVIDUAL, if you know what colours suit you -and what styles etc these are great [better than trekkie bottoms -so called sports casual everyone wears] so stop being so ante anyone dressing differently, at least when you put one of these on YOUVE MADE AN EFFORT.

Not quite sure what you've made an effort to be, though.

I don't think anyone's saying that dressing like a scruff is great, or looking like you've escaped from a Merchant Ivory flick is best.

But I'm wary of any range that's touted as being "for individuals". We're ALL individuals, and we should all (hopefully) have an idea about what suits us, and what doesn't. It's when we ignore what doesn't suit us that we become fashion victims.

I think the thing about dressing well, regardless of whether you're a casual or a dressy person, is that less is more.

The sheer amount of stuff on Indigo Moon items precludes them from coming under that banner. They probably look great on stage as mentioned earlier, but I think that anyone who isn't 5' 10" and above (like QVC's models) would look swamped in real life.

yes, that's it, it's the stuff that is all over each item in such excessive amounts. I think that the duster coats especially the velvet ones could look good if they weren't plastered in squiggly patterns. If they had trimmings on maybe just the sleeve cuffs or on the hem in an understated way I reckon they could look good. But then that is just my taste and and I am an individual!

Indigo moon fan!!!!!!!

Not quite sure what you've made an effort to be, though.

I don't think anyone's saying that dressing like a scruff is great, or looking like you've escaped from a Merchant Ivory flick is best.

But I'm wary of any range that's touted as being "for individuals". We're ALL individuals, and we should all (hopefully) have an idea about what suits us, and what doesn't. It's when we ignore what doesn't suit us that we become fashion victims.

I think the thing about dressing well, regardless of whether you're a casual or a dressy person, is that less is more.

The sheer amount of stuff on Indigo Moon items precludes them from coming under that banner. They probably look great on stage as mentioned earlier, but I think that anyone who isn't 5' 10" and above (like QVC's models) would look swamped in real life.[/QUO
Depends how you dress, if you have style , and youre not just one of those sheep ,following high st trends!!

Depends how you dress, if you have style , and youre not just one of those sheep ,following high st trends!!

I think it depends on whether the items you choose fit your shape, complement your colouring, don't clash with anything/everything else your wearing, or looks too old/young on you.

The whole point of individual style isn't buying into a "look" regardless of how it makes you feel, or ignoring trends completely; it's picking clothing that truly makes you look good and feel comfortable, not because some fashion "expert" or sales assistant has told you to.

I know what suits me and what doesn't: I spent the late 80s/early 90s looking VERY unfashionable because I don't do hooded tops or fluorescents. But that doesn't mean that I don't look at what's around to see what does suit me - being individual doesn't mean picking a style and sticking to it no matter what, either.

Please forgive me for saying this, but there's different, and there's different! Individuality is not all about the way we dress anyway, all I'm trying to say is that you don't have to dress like a clown to stand out from the crowd...ok, you probably will but not for all the right reasons. Style is something you create yourself, everybody is an individual regardless of how they dress, and following "high street trends" is no worse than listening to a shopping channel presenter telling you what to buy either.

fan

All i can say merryone is watch your back - this lot seem to have to much time on there hands and seem to enjoy bitching!!!!
Ive said it before and i will say it again -everyone is individual ,and i like some indigo moon style jackets, THIS IS NOT A CRIME , some of you lot GET A LIFE.:giggle:

Latest posts

Back