Verseo make up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I am a complete and utter fool, and I think I need help! The other night they were demonstrating some Verseo...erm who? make up. It was two kits in very nice boxes of various items of make up. I am FULLY aware that this kind of kit, as attractively packaged as it is, is a complete pile of crap. They were saying that each kit contained 9 cream eyeshadows, now I prefer using cream eyeshadows, so I pricked my ears up. There were loads in the drop, and the starting price was about £50 (yeah right!) figured I'd end up paying about £15 incl postage, so I dropped in. I was pretty horrified when it was all done and dusted at £21.99 and with postage on top, this moment of stupidity was gonna cost me the best part of £30!

The stuff has since arrived, the boxes they come in are lovely, I'll say that, but as soon as I opened the lid, I could tell that the contents was absolute crap, so why, oh why did I open the cellophane? Why did I open one of the eyeshadows and try it, why? I'm so cross with myself. The cream eyeshadows are all so pastel, that you can hardly see them in the pots, let alone on your skin. Once I'd done that I thought I may as well try some of the other bits, since I'd already rendered the kit unreturnable. The blusher was of the poorest quality i've ever seen, and the mascara you couldn't even see you'd put any on. This stuff seriously makes Jerome Alexander's offerings look like Chanel!

I don't know whether it's worth me trying to salvage any of the mangled packaging, and try for a refund on the basis that the quality is beyond sub-standard, but it's quite a heavy item and would probably cost a bit to return it, or whether I could try using the returns label. It does say they'll only accept faulty items opened. Does crap count as faulty?
I wouldn't have minded so much If I hadn't have paid so bliddy much for it, I could cry thinking how much better I could have spent that money?

For heaven's sake folks, steer clear, though I don't know why I'm telling you this, it's obvious to me and you that this kind of make up set is going to be a pile of junk!

Last edited:
Well, I've managed to package it back up the best that I can! I've looked at the returns label, and it seems that you do have to cover the cost of the postage yourself, which could cost me another £5 or £6 I would estimate. That's not ideal, however, I'll be glad to salvage something back from this mess, cause there's no way I'm going to be using any of the stuff.

The returns label gives various reasons for return, one being poor value for money, but then I guess they'd still expect the product to be unopened and unused and one faulty, which does allow for a refund. It clearly says that they will not accept items sent back used unless they are faulty. So I'm not sure where I stand. The product is of extremely poor quality, and ok, I could see that straight away, but I wouldn't think it unreasonable to try something first to discover this. QVC's 30 MBG would have come in handy here!

What do you think I should do folks...send it back and hope that I get my money back, or write it off as a stupid mistake and put it a charity shop/or dustbin?

Makeup

Havent been on this site for some considerable time, but if i was you merryone id return as faulty, try to get a bit of your money back, its an inferior product, i must say though i can really recommend the ck makeup great quality -paid around £22 inc pp, for foundation creme to powder, and click stick eye brightner, found the quality,colour coverage, superb!! and i have a lot of red colouring to my face ,my usuals are Bare essentials, and Laura Geller, but CK is lovely - if any one is unsure -go for it.

Don't be too hard on yourself Suz, there isn't a make up junkie amongst us who hasn't fallen for a collection of utter crap in our time. What's worse it doesn't necessarily mean I won't fall for something similar again.

I am weak! I've fallen for those colour whatsit sets in Debenehams when they're reduced after Christmas not just once but a couple of times. I never learn to see beyond the 50% off label!

Jude xx

Don't be too hard on yourself Suz, there isn't a make up junkie amongst us who hasn't fallen for a collection of utter crap in our time. What's worse it doesn't necessarily mean I won't fall for something similar again.

I am weak! I've fallen for those colour whatsit sets in Debenehams when they're reduced after Christmas not just once but a couple of times. I never learn to see beyond the 50% off label!

Jude xx

Yep, I've bought a few colour institute sets before at bargain prices, and they are rubbish, but believe me, nowhere near as rubbish as this lot! Decided that I am going to tick the faulty box, and to say that I've tried the eyeshadow and it's invisible! Think I'd be cross if I'd only parted with £15 for it tbh...it's beyond crap!!!

I bought some of their cream eye shadow a couple of Christmases ago... I fell for the hard sell too. It was utter crap. You couldn't see the colours when you put them on and they smelled what they were cheap and nasty. All of us have fallen for the hard sell before now. I stick to my old faithful Elizabeth Arden these days.

I've worked out that it's going to cost me another £8 odd to get it returned, so if I am successful, I will scrape back just under £20 for this moment of madness, which is better than nothing. I very much doubt if they'll refund the original postage in this, but hey ho. Also there is nothing on the returns label that tells the customer how to claim back postage costs. They say they'll collect larger items, but I'm presuming by that they mean things like vacuum cleaners, not boxes of cosmetics. The box isn't particularly large but it is heavy. Disgusting really as if something is faulty or bad quality then I don't see why the customer should have to fork out again to return it. That'll learn me, won't it!!!!

One thing I won't be doing again in a hurry is ordering from the sit ups the item on screen. You can pretty much ALWAYS get it cheaper on one of the web deals. I couldn't believe when it stopped at £21.99, there must have been a lot of crazy people that night all thinking the same as me. They're always telling you to drop in early to make sure of a bargain, but if we all followed that advice we'd end up paying much higher prices..never again!

I've had a quick look and the same set is down to £16.99 about 50 left in the drop and not due to close till the 15th!

Last edited:
If you return it as faulty you should get your original postage back although the tight so and so's don't refund the money you spend sending it back.

They have just sold that set on bid tv for £11.99. That just shows the profit they must have made selling it at £21.99 :O

They have just sold that set on bid tv for £11.99. That just shows the profit they must have made selling it at £21.99 :O

..and seeing the quality of the stuff, it's not even worth that much! I don't understand it, the cases they come in are really presentable and well made, I suppose it's to lull the customers into a false sense of security. I'd say the contents of both cases is possibly worth about a fiver. I suppose the nail varnishes and the lipsticks would have been ok..ish the rest of the contents no good to man or beast!

Latest posts

Back