JF's Swimming Pool Remark

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Ciociaria

Guest Shopper
On last night's CH show, JF remarked that one of the robes would be perfect “for those of you who have your own swimming pool at home”. Own up - how many forumites have their own pool? I feel quite inferior now. I have a bird bath - does that count?! What planet are the presenters on with their remarks about our supposed lifestyles? I guess someone somewhere in the audience will have a pool but I just found it amusing. At any rate, I would end up with hypothermia if I had a pool in my neck of the woods - outdoor pools and northern Scotland are a recipe for disaster.

When I arise (at ten) my first problem of the day is to decide which of my swimming pools to take a dip in ...
Tsk! :rolleyes:

I've got uneven slabs which 'puddle' water - does that count? :ninja:

Rich

Well with me being a multi millionaire I have a choice of the different pools I take a daily dip in, The large gold encased pool, the diamond encrusted pool, the swirlywhirly pool, the everyday average pool, the pool with specially selected mineral water, the paddling pool, the bird pool, the pool of water under my sink.............................the sheer amount of pools I have is unbelievable.

Last edited:
Oooh never mind a swimming pool we have our own lake at the back when it rains enough and the wind is blowing in the right direction!!! :giggle:

If you had that much money for a house with a pool I am sure you would not be walking round in a CH robe or shopping at QVC/IW or any of the other shopping channels.

The silly bint's just delving into the shopping channel dictionary of "scenarios" bless 'er heart!

Robe...mmm...let me think

Put it on after a bath.....No brainer, but I'll say it anyway

answer the door to the postman....yes ok

lazy day indoors....I'm on a roll now

Ideal for the motorhome...er not really

Son or daughter off to university....teacher's present...maybe not

I've got it.....Lounging around beside your private pool!!!!!

Ok, the last sentence might address 5 customers, but it's wasted 5 minutes of a presentation that only requires this....."It's a bathrobe, it's comes in one size, two colours and costs £30!"

QVC should cater more for people from different walks of life.

JF could have said that the robe was perfect for "nipping down to the Jobcentre to sign on", or "popping out to the local shop for a packet of fags, a couple of cans of Tennant Super and a lottery scratchcard".

Anything else is just elitist :wink:

Well in QVC Presenter Land they do especially at their second homes, it's just a way of life.:envy:

:tongue:

Jill Franks was on about the "guest bathrom" on last night's Carole Hochman show and suggested we might care to purchase a zip up robe to keep in there for the use of guests!!! What planet are they on? Recession, they've never heard of it, three of my friends are all on redundancy notice (all working in different professions) and it is scary times for a lot of people. Hey ho QVC does makes me smile with their detachment from the real world.And has been stated if you do have that sort of lifestlye QVC would not be your first destination for shopping.

I think I will take my robe on my next visit to David Lloyds, perfect for when I get out the pool and, because it doubles as casual wear, will be able to wear it in their lounge afterwards whilst having a cup of coffee. And when people keep coming up to me to ask me where I got it from I shall just say an 'exclusive shop' (I got that useful little tip off a T caller some time ago).

Here's a place that regularly begs for it's fix of a shower robe elegantly gracing around it's suroundings. :giggle:

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p422140

Do you think that is Northern Nights bedding in the bedrooms? Thought I spotted a couple of Carole Hochman robes and a Tiffany lamp in one of the bedrooms too. Very nice though although a bit pricey. The house we rent in Italy is £500 for the week and that's split between six people. Add in the £19 Ryanair fares - bargain! We've even got a Lidl at the foot of the hill for our barbecue goodies. I know how to holiday in style!!

Latest posts

Back