Thorntons TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deanos

Registered Shopper
Just a heads up folks, you can get a huge box of 60 Continental (755g) and a £5 off you next purchase for half price £9.99 a box instore at the moment i bought some yesterday for the other half at xmas.

Don't see how the Thorntons TSV is likely to be value for money as there are so many deals on at the moment. Cosco has a massive box of Thorntons and Lilly O'Brien chocs at around half price and no P&P. Unless it is a very limited edition of something I can't see this will be tempting at all.

Came on here to express my horror over the Throntons TSV, but see you are already on the ball.:hi:

Good Grief! Full price as seen on the website the tsv looks like a pretty good deal, as it would cost £36 for that little lot and that's without taking into consideration any p&p charges..however, the fact that the high street stores are doing the large box for half price PLUS a money off voucher, and doubtlessly have other cut price offers too, makes this offer far less appealing, suppose you are getting them delivered free of charge though!

Having said that I think I'd prefer a box of Marks and sparks belgian chocs, they're much nicer than Thorntons, and a hell of a lot cheaper!

I see that the TSV is free P & P - desperate to sell a box of choccies are they?

Just a heads up folks, you can get a huge box of 60 Continental (755g) and a £5 off you next purchase for half price £9.99 a box instore at the moment i bought some yesterday for the other half at xmas.

The one in the shops only has 8 different chocolates where as the full price one from Thorntons and the ones in the TSV from QVC have 14 different chocolates so whilst the deal in the shops is a good price it is not identical to the other boxes.

Cynical me thinks maybe the stock they have committed to is close to sell by date and need to shift it PDQ.

Heard them say the best before date is April 2011 which is good as a lot of Christmas chocolates from Thorntons are February.

Last edited:
Good Grief! Full price as seen on the website the tsv looks like a pretty good deal, as it would cost £36 for that little lot and that's without taking into consideration any p&p charges..however, the fact that the high street stores are doing the large box for half price PLUS a money off voucher, and doubtlessly have other cut price offers too, makes this offer far less appealing, suppose you are getting them delivered free of charge though!

Having said that I think I'd prefer a box of Marks and sparks belgian chocs, they're much nicer than Thorntons, and a hell of a lot cheaper!

i think that thorntons make m&s chocs

I love chocolate but these days all the "continental" chocolates are full of nothing but 'ganache', and truffle like gaggy centres - as so obviously demonstrated in the Thorntons hour.

WHERE ARE all the hard centre choccys like we used to get - especially in the Black Magic box ie butterscotch, nut cracknell, hard caramel - and the peppeermint, coffee, orange and marzipan centres. Ooooh and the toffee and mallow was to die for ! Those were what I call "proper" chocolate box fillings.

Now I groan inwardly when I am given a box of belgian "sea shell" chocolates. Cant stand 'em. Give me a Clarnico peppermint cream any day.

I love chocolate but these days all the "continental" chocolates are full of nothing but 'ganache', and truffle like gaggy centres - as so obviously demonstrated in the Thorntons hour.

WHERE ARE all the hard centre choccys like we used to get - especially in the Black Magic box ie butterscotch, nut cracknell, hard caramel - and the peppeermint, coffee, orange and marzipan centres. Ooooh and the toffee and mallow was to die for ! Those were what I call "proper" chocolate box fillings.

Now I groan inwardly when I am given a box of belgian "sea shell" chocolates. Cant stand 'em. Give me a Clarnico peppermint cream any day.

Contact Thorntons brissles. Ask for traditional in the true sense of the word and not their idea of traditional. You never know they might take you up on it. I agree with you, they all seem very sickly now.

I love the good old fashioned coffee creams not these cappuccino things that are all the rage now. I used to love it when we had big tins of sweets at work as no one liked the coffee creams except for me so I used to get the lot!!

Might explain my large waist!!!

I agree brissles I don't like all these truffle centres which seem so popular now, I long for fruit creams & hard caramels. Hate those sea shells too. I always go for a box of Bendicks mints at Christmas..yummy:clapping:

Where did you find them please deanos? I can't get them at my local Tesco or Asda.

Just had an email from Thorntons offering a free Ultimate Chocolate Indulgence worth £24.99 if you spend £50 on the website. You add product code 7967 to your basket and enter offer code WD21 then spend £50.

I received a small brochure from Thorntons at the weekend. Every day w/c 22 November they have a different special offer on the website, some almost half price. They have a similar offer to the TSV but 4 boxes of the Continental assortment in 175g, 550g, 755g and 1005g for £35 - that's on Wednesday 24th. Enjoy!

FREE Chocolate Selection worth £10 when you spend £20 at Thorntons.co.uk

We've got a fabulous range of great tasting Christmas gifts perfect for all the family and a FREE Chocolate Selection just for you!

How to claim your FREE Chocolate Selection!
Add product code 0068 to your basket together with offer code WK21, spend £20 or more and we'll deliver them with your order absolutely FREE!

I love the good old fashioned coffee creams not these cappuccino things that are all the rage now. I used to love it when we had big tins of sweets at work as no one liked the coffee creams except for me so I used to get the lot!!

Might explain my large waist!!!

Does anyone else remember (is anyone else that old!):giggle: Cadbury's Lucky Numbers - now they were great.

Latest posts

Back