Leighton Denny TSV / Beauty Day - 19/12/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tabatha

Registered Shopper

Looks like there is another Beauty Day on Sunday 19/12/10.

TSV will be Leighton Denny.

OMG not another one! Just looked at the TV guide - another borefest in prospect, mostly LD with a few other bits stuck in for good measure. Yawn. They should have made the elemis TSV 19 December for beauty day and put LD on 5 Dec. HOw much nail polish do they think people need for gawdsake. And his voice is so irritating.

I think QVC make their biggest revenue from their beauty dept(with craft a close second). I remember when we only got one beauty day in a twelve month period - and they were great - so much fun on the forum and 1p p&p charges on all on-air items.Now beauty days are every three or so months and the only thing "some" of us get is an easi-pay code via e-mail!!We are so used to these days they dont cause any stir on the forum:sad:
As i've said before i'm looking forward to Leighton's TSV - but must agree that there is only so much polish/lacquer a person needs - but unfortunately its not need with me its want!! -so i'm snookered when there's a nail TSV/show infact general beauty(love it). I like Leighton and love his polishes/treatments and find him down to earth(he's a working class boy made good)he cant do anything(and neither he should)about his accent.I respect the way he keeps in touch via his facebook and answers all questions quickly - and he doesnt take any nonsense from presenters who think they should be treated as diva's of shopping telly(all about me) and when Ali picks him up on his pronunciation he just laughs and throws it right back superquick:rock: Lets hope we get free p&p and four easi-pays for everyone especially on the TSV:clapping:(a pink pig with a tartan tail has just flown past my window:thinking:)

Lets face it they have to try to claw back lost revenue from no longer doing the Christmas Molton Brown TSV plus the Liz Earle's no longer sells the volume it did.

Leighton Denny TSV?

Hi there, Has anyone got any ideas what is going to be in the Leighton Denny TSV?
I really want to try under cover and renovate and a nice clean french polish. Thanks :)

Your so right on this one Donna - I've been with QVC from early 1995 and i feel in the early days they were(and not surprisingly) finding their feet(in the market, which at that time in the UK was non existent) and trying to attract customers to this new way of shopping(there is still a stigma towards this type of shopping "in the UK" to this day) therefore seemed all for the customer with good pricing and p&p and excellent customer service(there seemed nothing they wouldn't do for their customer) however they are now established and the biggest channel on UK(and USA) shopping telly and it now seems they are all for the profit margain hence Beauty/Craft and Fashion days and high p&p charges - with as i've said before, Beauty attracting the biggest profit(with craft and fashion just behind in that order) so we are now having more and more of these type of days - because QVC want to make more and more money(profit)(dont blame them thats what business is all about but its important not to get greedy!!) however the way they treat customers now is different - still excellent at times but as we know from recent events now send out "the letter" and take action on it - without even contacting the customer to discuss (and resolve) the situation which is one example - it seems now that all is done to please the QVC suits etc and NOT the QVC customer - please QVC take note. Glad i got that off my chest - i'll breath now!!:sweat:

All that said any info on the LD TSV will be gratefully received - i'm so shallow at timesxx

Last edited:
Beauty Days used to be a rare event, and one I used to get ridiculously excited about. I even used to plan to stay in that day so I could watch as much as possible! How sad am I? I would welcome the fact that they are no longer such a rarity if there was anything worth looking forward to. But there's no free postage, the Beauty Day prices are no better than introductory prices, and they just pick approximately four brands and have them on a loop all day, showing the same products again and again.
Come on QVC - can't we have some of the exciting Beauty Days of old?

Leighton Denny tsv 19th December

According to qvc updates email I've just received it's,...7 piece French fantasy collection, can't do link thing hope someone else can.

According to qvc updates email I've just received it's,...7 piece French fantasy collection, can't do link thing hope someone else can.

ve ry boring. its party season. what about the christmas brights and some bio build for all those hand working hands over the festive season.anather load of stuff to offload to the ever spending qvc customer!

Dont forget that Leighton has an auto delivery colour and treatments set on the go at the moment - second lot being delivered just now(seperate thread) so maybe he's trying to balance the choice? - i'm disappointed with this TSV, i didnt go for the AD so this TSV is too neutral for the time of year for me - the price being low or maybe four easi-pays will sway me - at the moment doubt it though. From the picture on the e-mail it looks like there is a base and top coat with a correcting liquid(and brush) a white tip plus pinkish french neutral(x2) - is that a darker(grey) colour as well? Can a techie savvie forumite maybe paste the picture from the e-mail? Many thanks if you canxx:sun:

id say hes gone for a neutral set as you say the ad was quite colourful and none of the ad customers would order another brights................ i like the look of it tho.

Thanks Tabathax Like WSOF(we have something in common!!) i wish i had gone for the AD option in the last TSV - now that i see the collection up close i notice there is a shimmery/glittery top coat included,i like this but dont know if its worth buying the whole TSV(there is also the small size shimmery topcoat in the Nails inc TSV) - i'll see:thinking: and why the random grey/steel colour maybe Leightons thought of a new "french" style? As an aside i recently bought one of Leighton's sweet petite collections - i love juicy,so L.A.,all about me and another orangey colour and was so impressed with the brush size - he also has a bigger opening on his sweet petites and along with the great brush i find it so easy to use much easier than the other brands.

Latest posts

Back