Where will it be?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

chicken-licken

Registered Shopper
If IW actually do move their call-centre back to UK from India,where do you think they will set it up? I do hope it's somewhere with an accent that I can understand----please, NOT Glasgow! Any suggestions?

british accents yipeee

:) happy to hear they are moving calls to britain as i stopped buying from them when i had problems with their customer service. I just found it hard work asking them to repeat what they said and i always found that it seemed like they read things from a script on the computer and kept saying the same things over again word for word.

If IW actually do move their call-centre back to UK from India,where do you think they will set it up? I do hope it's somewhere with an accent that I can understand----please, NOT Glasgow! Any suggestions?

The problems with IW customer service will make no difference depending on the call centre is based.
It probably has more to do with how it is managed from over here.

The people we speak to make no decisions at all they just put our complaints / reports into the computer system, like a message service. It is then down to people in their offices over here to decide policies and act on this . Then that gets put on the computer and the people in the Indian call centre pass this message back to us.

The only improvement will be a complete overhaul of the customer service department , I think they just put these things out to tender often and IW strikes me as the sort of company that will just go with the lowest bidder.

Call centres over here are usually in previously deprived areas which have tax breaks and redevelopment grants to encourage companies to invest in providing employment in the area......

That said some of these areas have top cool accents I reckon!!!!!

Apparently on accent research people don't trust Southern /South East accents ,
Think those from the West Midlands and the South West and Wales are a bit dim ,
And find those in Liverpool the North East and Glasgow the most trustworthy So there is an increased chance of it being in those areas.

Also though Northern Ireland has great incentives for setting up call centres but mainlanders find the accent aggressive due to the way NI is presented in the media so they have not caught on there as well as many had hoped .

So if you like an "unpopular " accent you may be out of luck, I love a Glasgow accent myself and a mild Geordie one for me is really great so I might be happy, not that there is much chance of buying anything until IW sell something that I would want to buy!!

Will moving the call center make any difference to the over all quality of their customer service as the whole department needs a HUGH OVERHALL only then will it live up to its name customer service, at the moment the only people who they are serving are Ideal World.

Latest posts

Back