Deleted Post - Please let me know why!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavenderBlue

Registered Shopper
I see my post has been deleted, please have the decency to email me or somehow let me know why. I found an Emu sheepskin boot at a reduced price on amazon, thought maybe some other members would be interested due to the recent Emu TSV's. I have been a member of this site for a number of years and do not work for Amazaon and don't know what i'm supposed to have done wrong.

Its been moved down to the Drop. I commented in the thread, as I got those boots even cheaper last year on Amazon UK.

I believe it was moved as it had nothing to do with shopping on QVC. You need to be a VIP member to read the Drop, £6 to join. But think Graham if you let him know will let you read your thread and any replies for a limited period. Its in the Bargin section

Last edited:
Sorry don't know how to access 'The Drop' - heard of it but don't know what it means

I see my post has been deleted, please have the decency to email me or somehow let me know why. I found an Emu sheepskin boot at a reduced price on amazon, thought maybe some other members would be interested due to the recent Emu TSV's. I have been a member of this site for a number of years and do not work for Amazaon and don't know what i'm supposed to have done wrong.

Your thread was not deleted but moved to the appropriate section as your post was not about QVC, it is now in the Clothes, Shoes, Handbags section of The Drop.

The Drop is the more social side of ST where things other than shopping telly are discussed. To be able to view it you need VIP membership which is a one off payment. Details here http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=367362#post367362

Instead of posting on the forum we would ask members to contact myself or Graham via PM or use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if they have a query as to where a post/thread is.

Many thanks.

Your thread was not deleted but moved to the appropriate section as your post was not about QVC, it is now in the Clothes, Shoes, Handbags section of The Drop.

The Drop is the more social side of ST where things other than shopping telly are discussed. To be able to view it you need VIP membership which is a one off payment. Details here http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=367362#post367362

Instead of posting on the forum we would ask members to contact myself or Graham via PM or use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if they have a query as to where a post/thread is.

Many thanks.

Personally I don't think this is fair...
If someone finds somewhere where you can buy a QVC item at a lower price then surely they should be able to post it in the QVC section. After all QVC is supposed to stand for Quality VALUE & Convenience. If they are not offering good VALUE compared to elsewhere surely we can inform each other of that? This forum isn't sponsored by QVC so why not?
What does everyone else think?

If someone finds somewhere where you can buy a QVC item at a lower price then surely they should be able to post it in the QVC section. After all QVC is supposed to stand for Quality VALUE & Convenience. If they are not offering good VALUE compared to elsewhere surely we can inform each other of that? This forum isn't sponsored by QVC so why not?

:mysmilie_497:

Imo it's been put in the correct place. If these related threads were left in the main forum they would probably go off at a tangent and people would get bored wading through them. I recommend everybody to cough up 6 quid and enjoy all the diverse forums/info/chat/laughs in The Drop. 6 smackeroos well spent!! :rock:
mysmilie_55.gif

You are entitled to your opinion.

The QVC section is for posts directly relating to QVC and The Drop is where people post bargains found in other stores.

I can confirm QVC does not sponsor the forum

Imo it's been put in the correct place. If these related threads were left in the main forum they would probably go off at a tangent and people would get bored wading through them. I recommend everybody to cough up 6 quid and enjoy all the diverse forums/info/chat/laughs in The Drop. 6 smackeroos well spent!! :rock:
mysmilie_55.gif

Indeed that would be the case!!!

Probably because this is a QVC site?

I read in a previous thread that if a thread by a non-VIP member is moved to the drop the starter is contacted and is given short-term access to the drop, gas that changed now? Seems polite to tell someone what's happened to their thread before they have to ask, then no one can be accused of touting for subs.

Jude xx

That is still the case and LavenderBlue's account has been upgraded for 24 Hours so they are able to check out The Drop ... Graham

Seems to me it's just a way to get more money out of us. Sorry but I'm not paying to read a forum!

It is not a way to get "more" money as it does not cost anything to join the forum, The Drop was set up as an extra part of the site which is available for a one off donation, ShoppingTelly.com will however always remain free so to discuss the topic of the site Shopping Telly it will not cost you anything. .... Admin

I read in a previous thread that if a thread by a non-VIP member is moved to the drop the starter is contacted and is given short-term access to the drop, gas that changed now? Seems polite to tell someone what's happened to their thread before they have to ask, then no one can be accused of touting for subs.

Jude xx

No it has not changed, if someone contacts Graham about The Drop he can arrange access to it for a day so they can see what it is all about.

As for telling posters that their thread has been moved, we always leave a redirection notice, unfortunately we can't know when the person will next be on the forum so the redirection is liable to have run out by time they come back.

Seems to me it's just a way to get more money out of us. Sorry but I'm not paying to read a forum!

No, that is not the case.

The ST sections will always be free, Graham has said this often. However we do have a small one off charge for access to The Drop as it actually costs quite a bit of money to run a forum, bandwidth, servers etc...all cost money and sponsorship doesn't cover the cost of all that.

Tinaborder.

Totally agree- I think any product range sold on QVC or QVC related topics should be able to be listed if someone sees a better deal elsewhere.

Thought that is what 'community' and sharing is all about.

Suprised 'The Drop' isn't under a different site address if it is not about Shopping Telly

I didn’t know whether to post again on this subject, but in the end I decided I should. I also wanted to thank Tinaborder for supporting my post.

The intention of my post was to let all members know of the reduction I’d found. If my post was to be deleted as it was thought not to relate to QVC then so be it, but to move it to an area with ‘limited access to VIP’s’ that’s a different action altogether.

I am a non-VIP member and was not advised that my post had been moved and having no access to this area was not able to see this for myself. I agree that it would have been considerate to let me know what had happened to my post.

I posted just after lunch not sure what time and came back on the site again at tea-time when I saw that my post had disappeared. I don’t know how long a re-direction notice is left on a post but I was only gone for 4-5 hours.

If I find anymore bargains looks like I will have to keep them to myself.

Sorry.

I am sorry if people are upset by this but posts have been dealt with like this for many years now.

We do leave redirections when posts are moved, merged etc... but we cannot possibly notify people directly everytime we move a thread as it would take so much time, being a moderator on here is voluntary, it is not a job so I have my own life to live so I cannot spentd 24/7 on here, the same goes for Graham.

If it wasn't for the revenue brought in by having VIP's donations then there wouldn't be an ST.com never mind The Drop.

I am going to close this thread now as I feel it will just end up going round and round in circles. As I said before people can contact myself or Graham directly or use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back