Still no more gold !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Just looked at the guide for coming month, and there are STILL no more gold shows - with or without gems ! Whats happened ? where's it all gone ? By now we are usually bombarded with gold shows in the run up to Christmas, but, nothing. Why ? The Monday show with Jan Springer finished months ago, and there has been a severe shortage ever since.

TBH although I am a silver lover, I am utterly sick of it now, either its yet another silver designer banging on about being "inspired by nature" or its concealed with the pebbles (ooops sorry Moooookite), or comes plated (veronese), or showing off the diamoneek.

QVC used to be at the forefront in showcasing new designs, and I have bought many a bracelet, gold chain, and rings in the past . I wonder, is it because a Lola Rose bracelet, or a set of Northern Nights now costs as much as a Russian diopside ring used to ?

There was a Clogau show on earlier. :doh: Chuntley was trying to look seductive with an off the shoulder red number and guest presenter Clogau-Man was being his usual greasy smarmy self.
mysmilie_58.gif
This range is such a rip off with the extortionate prices, it's not as if the pieces contain any discernable amount of Glogau gold and he's always very careful not to be drawn on that point. Apparently each piece contains 'a touch of Welsh gold'. :wonder: Uhm I suspect what they really mean is a touch of Welsh gold dust.....
mysmilie_55.gif

some gem shows normally set in gold

so there is a few

Russian Jade Collection • Friday 26 Nov • 12pm-2pm
Premier Tanzanite • Friday 26 Nov • 4pm
Gem Designs by Tomasz Donocik • Monday 29 Nov • 10am
Sea Bamboo Jewellery Collection • Monday 6 Dec • 6pm
Premier Tanzanite • Monday 6 Dec • 8pm
Clogau Gold • Saturday 11 Dec • 11am
Clogau Gold • Saturday 11 Dec • 6pm
Clogau Gold • Saturday 11 Dec • 11pm
South Sea Pearls • Monday 13 Dec • 11am
South Sea Pearls • Monday 13 Dec • 8pm

Mmm. Tomasz Donocik. He can plate me in 9 carat anytime he likes.

There. That's the subtotal of my reasoned, sane contribution to this topic.

:nod:

some gem shows normally set in gold

so there is a few

Russian Jade Collection • Friday 26 Nov • 12pm-2pm
Premier Tanzanite • Friday 26 Nov • 4pm
Gem Designs by Tomasz Donocik • Monday 29 Nov • 10am
Sea Bamboo Jewellery Collection • Monday 6 Dec • 6pm
Premier Tanzanite • Monday 6 Dec • 8pm
Clogau Gold • Saturday 11 Dec • 11am
Clogau Gold • Saturday 11 Dec • 6pm
Clogau Gold • Saturday 11 Dec • 11pm
South Sea Pearls • Monday 13 Dec • 11am
South Sea Pearls • Monday 13 Dec • 8pm

Yes, thanks very much Supercoolwillow, but South Sea Pearls and Clogau are not exactly what I was meaning. Where are the topaz, the pink sapphires, the aquamarines and apetites, even the fire opals that were sooooo popular a while back, and the opal and amethyst shows ? quite apart from the usual but now rarely seen emerald, sapphire, ruby and diamond presentations.

There was a time once a month when it would alternate between Diamoneeek week and Gem Fest week.

And yes I agree with the previous reviewer, Clogau gold remains a mystery - how much is in each item, and IS it the rose gold that decorates every piece. This information is neatly skirted around.

Brissles, ALL of QVC's gold jewellery is waaaaayyy overpriced imho. Years ago when they were the channel selling jewellery I bought loads but when the dedicated jewellery channels came along I realised just how ott QVC were with their gold bling prices and I stopped chucking money down the drain. Do yourself a favour and spend your money on TJC's Iliana range if you want value and quality.
mysmilie_55.gif

I was wondering where all the gold shows had disappeared to as well and on the website there used to be loads of bracelets etc and now there is hardly anything. There are quite a few things in last clicks. Maybe its because of the price of gold, its so high now. But having said that Gems TV and TJC still manage to have gold rings etc on. QVC always used to brag about being the best jeweller etc, they are not anymore.

I miss the gold too not that I can afford it any more and think it's absence must be due to the price of gold at the moment. When I first started watching QVC eight years ago, there where lots of pieces around £50 to suit most peoples budget but the hike in gold prices put an end to that.
Now we're deluged with Veronese as a substitute although I saw a few pieces over £100 on those shows. I think they retain South Sea Pearls, Clogau and Premier Tanzanite to attact those with a bit more available to spend but I doubt it's for the core customer.
It will be interesting to see if gold day makes an apperance next year?

veronese question

anyone buy from this range and is it long lasting as they say?:wonder:

I bought a few gold pieces from QVC and I'm afraid they looked and felt like tat. God knows why I kept them because I thought they looked cheap. Anyway, decided to 'cash' them this year and got a fair price for them (although nowhere near what I paid for them). Their value was far less than the QVC price. I used to compare them to the few pieces that I have from our best local jeweller and they felt like tin in comparison. Interesting comment about the other jewellery channels - I've often wondered about the quality of their stuff. However, I think I would prefer to buy my pieces from the jeweller from now on (not that I do that often!).

Don't pay High St prices either Ciociaria as they are just as bad, if not worse, with their pricing markups. Try TJC and you can always return an item within their 30 mbg if you are not happy AND they don't close your account over any amount of returns either. :rolleyes:
mysmilie_55.gif

I think TJC has also raised their prices quite a bit ,bought a lot for them since last 3 yrs and they had some nice stuff .now all they do is show the platinum coated .
Qvc on other hand has started selling more cds than anything else .
Regarding clogau ,i buy a lot of stuff from them especially for their designs and weighty peices ,but get them directly not from QVC .They do alot of promotions and also you get a lot of vouchers .cheaper also than qvc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back