Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RICKY S

Registered Shopper
Was watching her on the Yankee Show last night.
She must have been reading this forum, cos her teeth looked whiter than snow.
Could hardly see the stuff she was flogging cos of the glare!

I thought she was looking really nice last night, hair was lovely, she had on a purple cowl neck which really suited her, her makeup was very nice, all in all she looked very well presented! Good on you Anne!

She's been looking grand the last few times I've seen her on air - she really suited that purple Nina Leonard dress last night.

I really like Anne and she looks very nice:star::star::star::star::star:

She must have been reading this forum, cos her teeth looked whiter than snow.Could hardly see the stuff she was flogging cos of the glare!

....and how sad that, if she has been reading the forum, she felt compelled to make whatever changes she has made because of derogatory comments about her personal appearance.

....and how sad that, if she has been reading the forum, she felt compelled to make whatever changes she has made because of derogatory comments about her personal appearance.

Quite right.

Perhaps now people will stop their nonsense and give the woman a break.

If what I have said offends you, what the heck are you reading this forum for?
Slagging people off is what we do!!

Really? Was under the impression that it was shoppingtelly.com not let's-be-insulting-from-behind-the-safety-and-anonymity-afforded-to-us-via-the-wonders-of-the-internet.com.

There's poking fun at people and having a bit of a laugh then there's really having a go at someone and I have always felt the relentless criticism of AD's personal appearance has crossed that line and often makes for uncomfortable reading.

i think its far more likely that someone at QVC has had a word.

the woman is on national TV representing a global brand for gods sake. she needs to look polished as an absolute minimum.

if that means someone has to give her a push in the right direction then so be it.

If what I have said offends you, what the heck are you reading this forum for?
Slagging people off is what we do!!

Come on Klarion, I need some support here!

Well I, like many others I'm sure, was under the impression that this was a place to discuss shopping television. The clue is in the name. If this forum's sole purpose was for people like you to slag people off day in, day out, it would be called something other than ShoppingTelly.com. I understand that we can't all think the world of every presenter - I've had my own grumbles about some of them in the past and I'm by no means about to start a campaign to stop people voicing their opinion - good or bad - but sometimes I think it goes too far, and woe betide me, I've said as much. How dare I(!)

i think its far more likely that someone at QVC has had a word.

the woman is on national TV representing a global brand for gods sake. she needs to look polished as an absolute minimum.

if that means someone has to give her a push in the right direction then so be it.

Exactly, Thanks Burly.
I wouldn't mind, but I'm one of the few on here who actually likes her.
But her teeth were always minging. I was just pointing out that she'd had them cleaned.
According to The Banana woman, my comments were a hanging offence.
Jesus wept, some people take things way too seriously.

Exactly, Thanks Burly.
I wouldn't mind, but I'm one of the few on here who actually likes her.
But her teeth were always minging. I was just pointing out that she'd had them cleaned.
According to The Banana woman, my comments were a hanging offence.
Jesus wept, some people take things way too seriously.

youve said nothing wrong ricky. and if you have then a moderator will let you know.

She must have been reading this forum, cos her teeth looked whiter than snow.
Could hardly see the stuff she was flogging cos of the glare!

Really??? This I have to to see. I've been waiting a decade for her to do something about those fangs, now maybe I can actually watch a whole presentation of hers without wanting to blow chunks!

Yippee! A momentous time this is . Well done Anne.:clapping::ninja::song::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_480::mysmilie_500::mysmilie_508::mysmilie_8:

ONE MANTRA every person in the public eye should say daily "Can't please everyone all the time" and the ST forum reflects this. Not too long ago people were threading that Annes teeth were yellow etc... I DO HOPE she has done this cosmetic dental for herself, and I hope she puts herself first, because quite honestly she deserves it, as does every individual

Its easy to be critical whilst the critic is hidden away, on a forum, with a little avatar, anon, self-protected from receiving aesthetic judement themselves. :thinking:
oh well Ill cut to the chase and say WELL DONE ANNE!!! you got the last laugh girl!!!
:rock::mysmilie_467::mysmilie_844::mysmilie_378:

Just as easily as it is to sit behind said avatar being self-righteous and pompous...but you know, one doesn't like to split hairs.

Anyway, I'm thrilled Anne got her tombstones cleaned, I can't wait to see them.:mysmilie_8:

There was NO excuse for Dawson having such manky teef. :mysmilie_865: Her old man's a doctor and she's been earning a good screw on QVC for years so they must be loaded, and a new gobful of veneers were well overdue. I could never watch her without being horribly mesmerised by those furry choppers. :mysmilie_466:

it's interesting i think, that certain FM's can describe certain personalities on certain reality TV shows as being slug-like and repulsive, whilst Ann D cant be described as having rubbish teeth and no style?

perhaps someone can explain the difference?

If I had the dosh and was on TV, tooth whitening would be the first thing I would have done.
If Anne has had it done I'm certain it's not because of anything anyone has posted on here.

it's interesting i think, that certain FM's can describe certain personalities on certain reality TV shows as being slug-like and repulsive, whilst Ann D cant be described as having rubbish teeth and no style?

perhaps someone can explain the difference?

Oh, that would be me then...

Yes, I did make a "slug" reference in response to a joke comment from a fellow FM which had been directed towards someone on a reality TV show. The difference imo was that I was referring to the way in which she is choosing to behave in the public eye and hence how her personality and character traits are coming across. I was not attacking her personal appearance.

I would also point out that this part of the forum is open to the public whereas the comment to which you refer was posted in the members only section.

Oh, that would be me then...

Yes, I did make a "slug" reference in response to a joke comment from a fellow FM which had been directed towards someone on a reality TV show. The difference imo was that I was referring to the way in which she is choosing to behave in the public eye and hence how her personality and character traits are coming across. I was not attacking her personal appearance.

I would also point out that this part of the forum is open to the public whereas the comment to which you refer was posted in the members only section.

yeah thanks perdita. busted.

Latest posts

Back