Colombian Emerald

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gertie

Registered Shopper
Hi all, I have purchased a 1.25 carat Colombian Emerald solitaire in 9ct gold. Does anyone know if there is any difference between Iliana Colombian Emeralds and ones in 9ct gold? I have an Iliana Col Emerald pendant which is gorgeous, but wondered if it was just a case of gold difference between the two.

Hi Gertie well done on your purchase hope you love it when you get it home. My understanding is that Iliana are better quality diamonds and gems than anything else other than Rhapsody which is the very top platinum range. I wouldn't expect a normal 9 carat gold piece to have nearly as nice an emerald as an Iliana. Hope that helps.

Hi Gertie

Normally I would agree 100% with Klosblue, TJC's Iliana range is far superior to their 9ct classic pieces and as you would expect the stones aren't the same quality. I have two Iliana Colombian & diamond rings and recently they auctioned a 9ct yellow gold pendant with three small Colombian emeralds and three diamonds. It looked really good on the TV but with emeralds you have to see them in real life so I ordered one thinking if it wasn't any good 'd send it back, but I have to say I was absolutely amazed at the quality! The emeralds are comparable in colour, clarity and are as inclusion free as those in my rings, it may be because they are small stones or I could have just been lucky but as it was under £100 I am very happy with it

Latest posts

Back