The Christmas Shop........what a joke

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
Does anyone else think that the stuff they show on the Christmas Shop shows looks like the stuff a spiv would stand on the corner of a street selling out of a dirty old suitcase:giggle:.............................I have honestly never seen such tat:grin:

For instance:-

Set of 6 Glass Hand Painted Snowmen ornaments (probably painted by a 2 year old)

Diamond Shaped Colour Changing LED Mobile (cheap plastic tat)

Red Poinsettia Tablecloth, Runner, Coaster and Napkin Set (horrific)

Electronic Money Jug with coin recognition (tat tat tat)

Set of 3 silver toned glass bead hook shaped book marks (as they are christmassy ones, you will only be able to use them for a few days)

Set of 3 festive glass beaded earrings (OMG I must get some of those to dangle from my ear lobes (not)

Set of 4 glass beaded christmas bracelets (again you will only be able to wear them for a few days over christmas)

Chuntley is sitting there trying to look enthusiastic and she keeps saying "oh what a super idea".

Still I suppose someone is buying it.

I agree Dottie - i think the buyers bought a set number of items(say 30) and in sufficient numbers that they would last through all QVC "Christmas Shop" shows - its been the same old same old for weeks now - the keyrings,the 1,000!! piece wrapping set with unusual storage!! and the LED t-lights to name but three. Baa Humbug eh!!

utter utter tat and so unoriginal. I know not eveyone lives in a city or has internet access but many of us do and I for one would never buy this sort of rubbish. QVC need to wake up and look what other retailers are selling. I have a 25% off voucher for Paperchase and will be using that for decorations and stocking fillers, I love that shop it does such quirky and stylish things.

Agree with all the posts. I haven't bought any christmas stuff from QVC for years, have bought some lovely things from Laura Ashley and Ikea this year, though. Much more to my liking.

I think selling this kind of utter rubbish is what undermines QVC's attempts to pass itself off a a higher end store which just happens to be on TV. My friends laugh at me when I say I shop on QVC (occasionally!) as this is the kind of tat they thing of when they think of shopping telly. It's no use selling Elemis, Bose, Birkenstock and big 'higher end' brands if you're then going to undo all of that posturing with market stall CRAP like this! :thinking:

Utter rubbish and the same tripe each and every bloomin' show. Whatever happened to the Thomas Paconi baubles & musical snow scenes? They used to be on every year..not to my personal taste but a bit more festive and there were always sell outs so obviously popular. Those colour changing mobiles are driving me slowly mad:headbang:

Sorry but it get more like the pound shop every day!

at least it only costs a pound and no steep p & p charges

from one dottie to another,I completely agree with you.I was just going to start a similar thread myself -as I'm in the market for a new tree,lights and some decorations - and how even Tesco and Sainsburys have some really nice stuff.

QVC have always sold the "naff" items of christmas - but I do remember them going trees,decorations and different things - but how things are just on one endless loop these days.

I don't want to see the hanging mobiles,the tablecloth,the keyrings,the magic wallets anymore.............................I just want some nice,tasteful,choice:headbang:

What annoys me is that all the QVC christmas promos always show glorious houses, full of lovely huggy huggy families arriving with wonderfully wrapped presents. Then they will all locate from the beautiful enormous christmas tree to sit at a dining table be-decced with food and wonderful place settings etc. Yet the goodies they sell in the majority of their christmas pressie hours are utter dross, worthy of the poundshop have the time. I bet Mr and Mrs Posh in the promos don't have bum wiggling singing novelties in their parcels, hee hee!

Latest posts

Back