QVC are well out of order

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

Boycie

Guest Shopper
I watched the 1pm L'Occitane show and they presented 221792, a supersize duo of Verbena shower gels. A free p&p popped up on this but they said that was a mistake, and this was then rectified, and the presentation went on as normal.
BUT on the 7pm show, they are now showing this exact set as a Christmas Surprise with free postage! Surely this is completely unfair, as some people will have bought this at 1pm when QVC knew damn well they were going to sell it later on with a fiver off!:taphead:

umm, a bit sneaky and unfair to earlier customers buying the item today. i could understand the surprise price if it had not been shown already today and no P&P is a nice gesture but not fair practices, methinks.

That really is unfair that they showed it earlier but didnt honour the free p&p to the people who bought it earlier in the day, I always thought that if an item had been seen that day that the price wouldnt change in the same day!

I bought this item with free P&P last month, cant remember what the offer was but it was the same day as the TSV.
QVC are getting really boring with repeating the same offers!

If I had ordered that I would have been fuming. I also would have been straight on the phone to them question the lot, which they would have no doubt denied.

You know, not a lot surprises me with QVC now. They seem to be getting worse instead of better! They have piddled me off again as well (see 'Mally AutoDelivery' thread for details) and seem to be losing more viewers than gaining.

I watched the 1pm L'Occitane show and they presented 221792, a supersize duo of Verbena shower gels. A free p&p popped up on this but they said that was a mistake, and this was then rectified, and the presentation went on as normal.
BUT on the 7pm show, they are now showing this exact set as a Christmas Surprise with free postage! Surely this is completely unfair, as some people will have bought this at 1pm when QVC knew damn well they were going to sell it later on with a fiver off!:taphead:

Not nice, not nice at all. You don't go into a shop twice in one day and have prices changed unless a Sale sign has been put up, even then Sales in shops start at the opening of the shop that morning. This smacks of trying to agitate viewers into "buy now or lose out" panics instead of browsing with your shopping viewing, after all they have half a dozen shows on so aren't we supposed to browse without feeling we might be ripped off with the price next viewing? :whew:

I saw that as well. Someone should have had the wit to override the scheduled Christmas Surprises and let it stand. Very amateurish. Could so easily have been dealt with at no cost to qvc and no loss of goodwill either.

You often lose out if you buy early and it's nothing new with QVC. A while ago, during a Mally show, they aired the mascara, which I like. They bleated on about limited stocks and so on to make it sell out. In a later show that day, they had a duo of the mascara at the same price as the single. It might not be breaking any laws or rules, but it's dead sneaky to sell things like this. Customers don't like it but I suspect QVC don't care as long as it sells.

You often lose out if you buy early and it's nothing new with QVC. A while ago, during a Mally show, they aired the mascara, which I like. They bleated on about limited stocks and so on to make it sell out. In a later show that day, they had a duo of the mascara at the same price as the single. It might not be breaking any laws or rules, but it's dead sneaky to sell things like this. Customers don't like it but I suspect QVC don't care as long as it sells.

That's appalling!! AND the reason why I tend to order things on cheque hold now. Their selling techniques/tactics are terrible lately. Notice how they don't seem to mention all the awards they've won or how they're the no1 shopping channel as much these days!! Could be they're not winning anymore coz of their shoddy service

Latest posts

Back