Where have all the Great Value TSV'S gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wrongsideof40

Registered Shopper
Why don't we get the 'MUST HAVE' tsv's any more? We used to get real bargains but now we only get a few pounds off.The christmas tsv's used to be fab but not anymore.Molton Brown,models prefer tsv's were huge value even Liz Earle with full sizes and a bag.Qvc seems to have lost it's mojo.They aren't even airing the tsv's like they used to.:yawn:
The only one I'm looking forward to is the elemis.It is saving me a fortune though as I'm not even tempted by their offerings at the moment.

I miss the Molton Brown tsv's most of all, hardly ever treat myself to MB anymore x

Totally agree! I used to stay up till midnight bursting to see the MB and Models Prefer TSV's and Christmas wouldn't be complete without them under the tree. The MB ones also served me well as presents for plenty of family over the years. TSV's mostly just don't have the WOW factor anymore...those ones where you 'literally jumped to the phones' haha! I'm looking forward to the Elemis one on the 5th...but it's Keeley on Facebook and this forum where I'm seeing all the hype, not a sausage from QVC itself!

I also used to love the Smashbox ones where you'd get 7 or 8 full sized products and face brushes...they TSV's are still good but enough with the flipping eye liner brushes already, I could sell them!

Tx

That is absolutely right. All the beauty TSVs lately have been dreadful. The Gatineau one even though a bargain had a moisturiser with it that does not get very good website reviews, hence putting it in a TSV I think. the Laura Geller one was the worst make up TSV, the one today is just more nail polish. I am looking forward to the Elemis/Mally ones, hopefully they will be worth buying and then we have more nail polish with LD. I remember the Models Prefer/YBF TSVs that had a huge make up box or a bag. Bring back Stacey!!!

Why don't we get the 'MUST HAVE' tsv's any more? We used to get real bargains but now we only get a few pounds off.The christmas tsv's used to be fab but not anymore.Molton Brown,models prefer tsv's were huge value even Liz Earle with full sizes and a bag.Qvc seems to have lost it's mojo.They aren't even airing the tsv's like they used to.:yawn:
The only one I'm looking forward to is the elemis.It is saving me a fortune though as I'm not even tempted by their offerings at the moment.

I am sick in bed atm and cannot abide Q with the repetitive repeats of everything. It needs a serious injection of oomph, just like me really if this virus doesn't take a running jump!

there was a time I bought almost all the beauty TSV;s. and I was excited and looked forward to getting them. Only beauty TSV I have bought this year was the Michael DiCesare and the Mally TSV, thats it so far. Saved me a fortune, which I just spend elsewhere instead. Have just cheacked, and the last beauty TSV I bought before then was Sep 2009, even I did not realize it was that long ago.

Yes it's true--- I mentioned on a post a couple of weeks ago that the TSV's don't have that 'must have' feel any more.I got the LG TSV recently which is OK but could see that it would not have a mass appeal.
Some of the TSV's have 1 'good' product then the rest which are just 'padding'.I have ordered the B&W necklace but when it arrives will decide to keep---or not?

I tend to find you generally just save the P&P with TSV's these days:sleepy:

Great if I really,really want it - but if I'm undecided,I just wait and read the reviews to see if it really is worth it...............and 9/10 times,it isn't!!!

Sorry QVC has lost it.
Most of what is sold is just Tat. P & P is extortionate.
I spend loads at Amazon where P & P is free and goods arrive in a couple of days!

I agree with all the coments. To me the TSVs used to represent excitement and value. When the goods arrived they always exceeded expectations. The Molton Brown TSVs were fantastic and the price point excellent. When you now take into account the prices now, and very few full sizes and the p&p it does not always represent vfm. I now check out prices independently before taking the plunge. I never used to think twice!!

You can almost guarantee that when its a beauty or skincare, the price point is ALWAYS around the £38 mark. I always chuckle when the price is first shown, I think yep here we go, down to £38 - so predictable.

QVC really has lost its way:
poor TSVs,
extortionate p and p
breast cancer night, the goods on offer were always half price - not anymore
No more gold and gem shows
Christmas tat is beyond belief
The price of the crafting materials is now so high, it would be cheaper to buy a ticket to America and buy it direct !
Time to clear out all the presenters and inject with new blood - P L E A S E ! !

sad but true, fully agree with all the comments made. On the plus side my credit card is happy. The departure of Molton Brown seemed to be the beginning of the end. I wouldn't be at all surprised if QVC didnt crash and burn within 2 years if they dont have a drastic overhaul. Competition is far too fierce now, their p&p alone could kill them.

a resounding "hear hear" to all the above comments, the TSVs were what suckered me into QVC in the first place and now they are the very thing that is convincing me not me to waste my cash. I miss Stacey, and Molton Brown. Too right all the beauty ones seem to hover at just under £40 and the p and p has shot up to almost £6. When you look at the pricing and efficiency of Amazon you do get the feeling that QVC is losing its way in a very competative market. And as for the tat they are hawking for Chistmas.............

You can almost guarantee that when its a beauty or skincare, the price point is ALWAYS around the £38 mark. I always chuckle when the price is first shown, I think yep here we go, down to £38 - so predictable.

QVC really has lost its way:
poor TSVs,
extortionate p and p
breast cancer night, the goods on offer were always half price - not anymore
No more gold and gem shows
Christmas tat is beyond belief
The price of the crafting materials is now so high, it would be cheaper to buy a ticket to America and buy it direct !
Time to clear out all the presenters and inject with new blood - P L E A S E ! !

With regard to the presenters they appear to be draining QVC, the freebies and perks of the job, coupled with their gloating, in todays financial climate don't seem to justify their employed positions.
They appear to be riding high on the statement that QVCs is the UK number one shopping channel.
Tightening belts, sheding old wood and accountability in all departments, wouldn't be a bad thing to do.
The buyers boringly appear to be resting on their laurels, the trend appears to be very much to repeating themes and going with known sellers.
Even to the point that brands appear to be merging into one another and then any new coming on with a known seller.
Don't get me going on the made only for QVC products, as with those well there's no RRP to compare, just the guest saying if that was sold it would be x amount.
Not saying by any shape of form that it's the end but just wonder how much the returns from now and until the end of January will effect QVC, could prove a slightly less profitable time for them.

:sad:

Good to know we all generally think the same. I now consider sly options before purchasing. I really like qvc but they need to reflect other online retailers!

Sorry QVC has lost it.
Most of what is sold is just Tat. P & P is extortionate.
I spend loads at Amazon where P & P is free and goods arrive in a couple of days!

Me too.......ordered an item late afternoon Monday and it was delivered before teatime yesterday! QVC could learn a lot but doubt they're bothered to be honest. I feel very sorry for the people limited to armchair shopping due to disabilities, ill-health, etc. who have to rely on the demonstrations provided on the television because so many times they are being ripped off but just don't have the opportunity to compare like-for-like on the high street.

New Year Resolution for QVC maybe........."We promise not to rip off the British Public as it's gone on for long enough"! We can but hope!

In the case of Molton Brown and Aveda both bought out by a Japanese company and Estee Lauder. I doubt they would give the deals on prices we used to get.

Most of the ones we remember have moved on and have their own sites to sell and keep the profits themselves without having to share with QVC. Those that do stay want more so QVC I will say are not getting the profits they used to. End result they of course shove it to the loyal customers.

I know Jayne has said before with Smashbox and not getting the full TSV items that QVC US get. Its to do with the dollar and we here would not pay what Estee Lauder(they own Smashbox) want to charge us. I know I stopped buying them last year when the left out what I considered the one item a softlight I really wanted in the kit. Don't give me what I want I go to ebay thank you.

With Laura Geller, I know so many disappointed with the last TSV. Compared to the amount of product she sells on QVC US vs QVC UK is like selling in one US state. Here most TSVs are what 30,000 units over in the US it would be triple or more on a TSV day. So unless she is doing QVC Germany etc on the same trip, is it really worth her while coming over.

At the end of the day all these people are there to make money from us, if QVC are not offering the deals to them why should they bother.

sad but true, fully agree with all the comments made. On the plus side my credit card is happy. The departure of Molton Brown seemed to be the beginning of the end. I wouldn't be at all surprised if QVC didnt crash and burn within 2 years if they dont have a drastic overhaul. Competition is far too fierce now, their p&p alone could kill them.

I miss Molton Brown too and it makes you wonder how they are still going as a company as they never do offers in their stores and no-one is ever in them! Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't fold next year.

I miss the Smashbox TSV's, loads of goodies for around £25, excellent deal and makes you wonder, if they could afford to sell for that price, what's the mark up in the first place? We're SO ripped off in this country!!

I've been waiting for a Tiffany style lamp for a TSV, got one a few years ago, think it was around £80, nothing near that price since, everything seems to be double that.

Latest posts

Back