Guests feigned surprise

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Can anyone explain WHY guest presenters make such a big deal about the price that QVC are offering their goods ?

Simon Wilson, Nina Leonard, Michelle Hope, Kim M, to name a few, all make gurgling noises at how they 'cant believe' that QVC are selling their brand for such and such a price.

What difference does it make to them ? QVC have paid them a price for their products - which they are obvioiusly happy with, so why play-act at the price on screen ? Do they think we are all complete fools ?

Can anyone explain WHY guest presenters make such a big deal about the price that QVC are offering their goods ?

Simon Wilson, Nina Leonard, Michelle Hope, Kim M, to name a few, all make gurgling noises at how they 'cant believe' that QVC are selling their brand for such and such a price.

What difference does it make to them ? QVC have paid them a price for their products - which they are obvioiusly happy with, so why play-act at the price on screen ? Do they think we are all complete fools ?

In a word YES but we know better don't we? :nod:

The worse has to be Lulu G. I thought they were going to have to get the oxygen tank out for her. She kept saying really,really,really etc etc etc etc............................................................................

She seemed to be on the verge of hyperventating(sp).

Oh and a bag which is brand new and sales out in her shops when she can get them in. For sale on QVC, I mean they must have had at least 50 of them at £350+.

Great thread....I've noticed that too, and it's so ridiculous!

Another thing that makes me wince is the auction channels, and the way they say something like last time this was on air it went for £30, and that was a bargain...and don't you just know it's gonna go for a lot less this time? Or "This is unthinkable.....The name of Vivitar going for £29.99....£29.99" (as if we couldn't believe it first time he said it!). What do they think ffs, that we haven't got the concept of job-lots, end of ranges, or sales?!

AK was at it last night on the Centigrade hour. I think she was after an Oscar. '£37.50!' she exclaimed, 'for a coat'. Have these people never heard of Matalan or Primani? Ye Gods.

:wait:

Asda :clapping:

:flower:

Or Tesco. I picked up a lovely little swing coat from there last year - £27, really good quality, thick material and lovely and warm. I used a £5 clubcard thing and got it for £22. It will last me yurrrs.

Much better than anything I saw on the Centipede show last night. Though there were one or two nice bits - the range does seem to be very hit and miss. The coats are either great quality and cut well, or lousily finished and fall to pieces - and the sizing is outrageously variable...I've got 3 of their pieces but had to choose really carefully and think hard before I splurgeitoed. :hi:

All done to fool us into thinking'' Oh what a wonderful offer this is '. And I to my shame have fallen for it many times in the past:redface:

Much more careful now.

Or Tesco. I picked up a lovely little swing coat from there last year - £27, really good quality, thick material and lovely and warm. I used a £5 clubcard thing and got it for £22. It will last me yurrrs.

Much better than anything I saw on the Centipede show last night. Though there were one or two nice bits - the range does seem to be very hit and miss. The coats are either great quality and cut well, or lousily finished and fall to pieces - and the sizing is outrageously variable...I've got 3 of their pieces but had to choose really carefully and think hard before I splurgeitoed. :hi:

The Centipede OTO was only £25, I don't suppose that had anything to do with the fact it had some awful reviews and averaged only 2.3 out of 5!

Sorry after posting this I've just seen there's another thread about the OTO.

Last edited:
The worse has to be Lulu G. I thought they were going to have to get the oxygen tank out for her. She kept saying really,really,really etc etc etc etc............................................................................

She seemed to be on the verge of hyperventating(sp).

Oh and a bag which is brand new and sales out in her shops when she can get them in. For sale on QVC, I mean they must have had at least 50 of them at £350+.

I'm guessing Lulu is the only one who isn't acting, it's highly unlikely she does any of the business negotiations with QVC herself.

Latest posts

Back