Sorry - Kay must go!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Well I've been giving praise to TJC of late but I'm afraid I'm back to the criticism again. That woman they have on just now, Kay I believe she's called, has got to be the worst presenter I have ever seen in my life! She is so obviously being coached in her ear piece and as she apparently doesn't have the ability to concentrate on two things at once, she is starting sentences, going quiet, repeating herself and then making no sense at all!! That aside, she has just presented an Iolite and White Topaz pendant and said that anyone who can't afford Tanzanite could start small and buy this pendant!! Eh what???? There's no Tanzanite in the blooming pendant you silly moo!!

I don't know where she came from but if I was the boss I'd be sending her back for a refund asap!

ps - Just seen a loose Zultanite stone for sale on TJC - I thought Gems had the rights to Zultanite?? Obviously I'm wrong about that.

I know what you mean klosblue when she is on have to watch with 'mute' on as can't stand to listen to her, she doesn't look at ease presenting at all does she :eek: not a natural presenter I think!

she's probably a really nice person but just not in the right job, maybe she can get better with time (hopefully)

I saw the loose zultanite as well wonder how they have got that ?

Last edited:
I take it from her comment that she meant if you can't afford tanzy then go for the look with iolite.

Could have been what she meant Sammi but she was waffling on so much absolute rubbish from the start of her hour that I thought it was just more rubbish she was talking!!

Who is on at the moment (about 9.15 Bank Holiday Monday)? I don't think she can be Kay - she certainly doesn't look as though she's being coached through her earpiece - but I don't recognise her. Either she's new-ish, or I've been away from TJC for so long that I've forgotten what they all look like!

I like Kay, and its totally unfair to say she "talks rubbish"! when, that is not the case.

I'm in the "Kay is ok" (no pun intended!) club; she's one of the better of the new presenters but not an overall favourite.

Oh, and did anyone else see new presenter Caroline last week? You'll know if it was her from the Northern accent...

I like Kay, and its totally unfair to say she "talks rubbish"! when, that is not the case.

Glinda you couldn't possibly have watched the particular time I was referring to otherwise you would never had said that! She started a sentence, stopped, started it again with the same words, stopped, said something totally irrelevant, stopped and so on!! She was so bad my husband, who was reading a book at the time, turned round and said "what on earth is wrong with that woman she's lost the plot. Is she a stand in for someone who is off ill?"!!

Everyone is different Glinda and we're all entitled to our opinions so I respect the fact that you obviously like Kay's style. However what I said has nothing to do with whether I like her or not - it is FACT. She did exactly what I said so sorry but she was talking rubbish!

Glinda you couldn't possibly have watched the particular time I was referring to otherwise you would never had said that! She started a sentence, stopped, started it again with the same words, stopped, said something totally irrelevant, stopped and so on!! She was so bad my husband, who was reading a book at the time, turned round and said "what on earth is wrong with that woman she's lost the plot. Is she a stand in for someone who is off ill?"!!

Everyone is different Glinda and we're all entitled to our opinions so I respect the fact that you obviously like Kay's style. However what I said has nothing to do with whether I like her or not - it is FACT. She did exactly what I said so sorry but she was talking rubbish!

I respect your opinion, but that is what it is, your opinion that she was talking rubbish, other may not have felt that, its not fact. sorry :eek:

Sorry but it IS a fact - not hearsay, not personal opinion but plain fact. She was not speaking English as we know it. She said a couple of words, stopped while she listened to what was being said in her earpiece, said another couple of words completely unrelated to the first three, stopped did the same again and so on.

Please don't accuse me of being a liar when you quite obviously did not see this. Only if you actually saw this can you be qualified to comment and it's quite apparent from what you say that you didn't see it!

Talking, presenting and listening in the earpiece all at the same time is an art that takes considerable practice to master if you're not a "natural".

Some seem to take to it like a duck to water; the naturals who can, and do (rightly) dominate the art form of live-to-air TV.

Some never learn it properly yet continue to make a living in the medium although we all know that they're getting prompts from the gallery.

When it's transparent it's as good as LTA TV gets. Those are the great presenters.

Latest posts

Back