Elemis Melting Cleansing Gel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

W

White Russian

Guest Shopper
I would be interested to know how people who get a sample of this think it compares to the Clarins Pure Melt Cleasning Gel. I have suspected that Elemis like to follow where Clarins lead for some time (sine i noticed their normal/combi cleansers are very similar) and the name of the new cleanser seems to mirror the Clarins one. I've never really got o with the Elemis cleansers as I find them a bit oily and fragranced so any feedback is much appreciated!

I just got an email saying I have got one of the Elemis samples on it's way, I have used the Clarins one so I will be able to compare and let you know. The only thing I don't like about the Clarins pure melt is that it contains mineral oil.

I never used the Clarins so cannot compared.

But I have always thought Clarins and Decleor had a link somewhere. As both have very similar products over the years. Essencial oils for the face and body. The peel off exfoliators, now Clairns bringing out a range to brighten the skin as Decleor's new cleanser.

Now Clarins have started to move more into their makeup ranges, revamping and bringing out new products. They have some gorgeous new blushs coming out early next year.

My 20mls try me arrived today.

Ingredients for those who want to know.

Isopopypl Mysrislate
sunflower seed oil
Glicerin(sp)
water
Sucrose
Orange Peel oil
Papya
rosemary
rice
argania seed(argan oil)
moringa
eulepe fruit extract
limonene
citric acid

Some latin names which are the above's proper names
Says gels turns to a rich milk on contact with water.

Right here's the comparison.............the elemis is a more spreadable texture, it smells nicer and is easier to apply. The elemis left my skin more moisturised than the clarins does and the elemis is easier to remove so all in all there is no comparison. In my oppinion the Elemis is far better than the Clarins although until I had tried them both I loved the Clarins one.

I have used my Elemis sample and I think it will be very economical as a little really goes a long way. It has a similar spreadability to a primer. It smelt fresh, removed quickly and my skin felt soft and moisturised. I have quite dry and sensitive skin. The only downside is that it says keep away from the eye area and I always find it difficult not to get some near my eyes when I'm using a cleansing product.

I got a sample today from QVC and if you want me to pm me your address I'll pop it in the post for you so you can compare.

I love elemis but the new cleanser is imo more a peeling than a cleanser and is very similar to the Gatineau active eclat gommage.
I don't think it does a great job removing make up, I would only use it in the morning.
I prefer the Clarins cleansing melt, as this left my skin hydrated than Elemis.
The pro radiance cleanser is far superior

Thanks everyone. I don't rate Elemis' cleansers but this one sounds like it's gone down very well with people. Will have to get the TSV!

and is very similar to the Gatineau active eclat gommage.

Exactly what it reminded me of, after just using my sample.

Did find it cleansed my skin well though, as no makeup residue left when using toner afterwards. Must admit I didn't read the warning about "not getting near the eyes" and did, with no ill effects and even found it perfectly removed my eye makeup (including gel liner). No stinging. Will wait to see what is said in the demo about exactly why it's not for around the eyes though.

Think it will work out quite economical, as with the 3ml sachet, think I will just about have enough for another go in the morning.

Will be getting this one I think.

Was going to buy, thank goodness got the freebie (smelt like grapefruit to me..not bad)..made my skin dry, and I don't usually have a problem with products, am using Philosophy wash at the moment and LE c&p at night, no problems with either of them.

Shame as I could do with the pcmc. Thought the body lotion was Exotic Frangipani too, but seems it is just a plain one :doh:..so will give this tsv a miss.

daydreamer

Posted this on another related thread:

My sample of the cleansing gel arrived today so I used it to take my make up off tonight. The smell is similar to Philosophy's Micro Delivery Peel (you know the one with the crystals and the liquid) and even worked in a similar way (dissolving into a milky paste). I found the application a bit fussy but my skin was exceptionally clean afterwards. It felt great! I loved the Philosophy product but only ever had the small size in kits - full size was too expensive for repeat purchase. I'm pretty sure I will be buying the Elemis one on Sunday because it's such good value.

UPDATE - woke up this morning and my skin looked clean and rested. Never had this result with a cleanser before. The closest thing was Givenchy's old Swiss Formula face masks. Result! Will deffo be sitting up at midnight for this TSV.

I tried the sample too and although it made my skin look squeaky clean, which I'm not so sure is a good thin as it felt quite tight, I think with regular use it would make my skin dry and I've never had a problem with that before. The other thing I didn't like about it, is you can't use it around your eyes, I want a cleanser that takes the lot of, including waterproof mascara.

Tried my sample & although it felt nice I think it is too drying for me as I prefer a creamy cleanser.I am sticking to the 'Rose' cleanser which I remove with damp cottonwool pads.Have also used the new cream cleanser but prefer not to use a cleanser which has to be removed with cloths.It is a real faff when I go away would rather use the pads which can be thrown away.Do't know if I will staty with Elemis or may return to Gatineau or Clarins ( so I can buy locally) Really like the Elemis Quartz Lift Serum but cannot bring myself to pay over £90 for it.

In the words of the immortal Charlie Brooke - Do we need to use a toner after using the melting gel?

PS: this is a serious question by the way!

Not sure, but I'll bet it'll be recommended.

Not sure if it's Keeley or Fiona from Decleor who always says that you *must* use one after using water on the face. Something to do with the pH. (although I don't usually any my skin's not fallen off yet!). :wave:

Latest posts

Back