Georgio Armani watch????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Happygolucky

Registered Shopper
Well, I knew it was too good to be true. I bought a georgio Armani watch last week from Steve. At least he said it was Georgio Armani !!

Got it today and it is a charity watch by 'whatever it takes'. I don't want to seem tight or uncharitable, but I thought I was buying my grandson a designer watch. Not a charity watch that has a design on the face by georgio Armani

I really want to complain because I'm sure they didn't say it was by a charity. All I kept hearing was georgio Armani watch !! Has anyone else seen them selling this? Am I going potty or are they tricking us with this?

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. I bought a georgio Armani watch last week from Steve. At least he said it was Georgio Armani !!

Got it today and it is a charity watch by 'whatever it takes'. I don't want to seem tight or uncharitable, but I thought I was buying my grandson a designer watch. Not a charity watch that has a design on the face by georgio Armani

I really want to complain because I'm sure they didn't say it was by a charity. All I kept hearing was georgio Armani watch !! Has anyone else seen them selling this? Am I going potty or are they tricking us with this?

I know the exact watch. - It was on price-drop with steve about an hour ago.

I know what you mean, but I have a horrible feeling that the ASA would say there was nothing wrong with it, as on the purple strip it says 'What ever it takes' which is a charity, and he says its a Georgio Armani Designed watch, which means it isnt actually his, he has really just put his name to it, like Antony Warrel Thompson does with the pans they sell.

Hope this helps.

Well, I saw that watch last week, I had price drop on in the background and I heard them say that a Giorgio Armani watch was coming up and would be sold for an amazing price. I was interested I often buy Armani things for my son. When it came on screen, I immediately thought that doesn't look like an Armani watch, but the presenter kept banging on about it being "Armani"...then near the end of the presentation he did say it's been designed by Giorgio Armani for the charity "Whatever it takes" by this time most of the stock had gone..no doubt the buyers all thinking they were snapping up the geniune article! At this stage I lost interest because I actually own a "Whatever it takes" watch. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice watch, it's got a leather strap and a design by Nicole Kidman on the face.....it cost me £14 and that's including the postage, and of course a design donated by Mr Armani is worth no more than one donated by Ms Kidman! I think it might well be worth contacting the ASA on this, you've nothing to lose. Deliberately misleading is what this is, trying to make the viewers believe they're buying a "designer" product when they're not. In the past when they've been selling "whatever it takes" merchandise they've bigged up the charity, spending a lot of time explaining what a good cause it is and who it helps, not this time, it was mumbled at the end of the presentation...and it's not on. Don't feel guilty about being miffed because it's a charity watch, you were mislead and it's pdtv that should feel the guilt for not promoting the charity properly!

Well, I saw that watch last week, I had price drop on in the background and I heard them say that a Giorgio Armani watch was coming up and would be sold for an amazing price. I was interested I often buy Armani things for my son. When it came on screen, I immediately thought that doesn't look like an Armani watch, but the presenter kept banging on about it being "Armani"...then near the end of the presentation he did say it's been designed by Giorgio Armani for the charity "Whatever it takes" by this time most of the stock had gone..no doubt the buyers all thinking they were snapping up the geniune article! At this stage I lost interest because I actually own a "Whatever it takes" watch. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice watch, it's got a leather strap and a design by Nicole Kidman on the face.....it cost me £14 and that's including the postage, and of course a design donated by Mr Armani is worth no more than one donated by Ms Kidman! I think it might well be worth contacting the ASA on this, you've nothing to lose. Deliberately misleading is what this is, trying to make the viewers believe they're buying a "designer" product when they're not. In the past when they've been selling "whatever it takes" merchandise they've bigged up the charity, spending a lot of time explaining what a good cause it is and who it helps, not this time, it was mumbled at the end of the presentation...and it's not on. Don't feel guilty about being miffed because it's a charity watch, you were mislead and it's pdtv that should feel the guilt for not promoting the charity properly!

Yeah, I never saw his selling it last week, but if he said it was a 'georgia Armani' watch without mentioning the charity til near the end, which could come under the misleading sales act, and if you contact the ASA, and they say nothing is wrong, as merryone said, you have nothing to loose.

They should say how much money goes to charity at the start, so people know from the start it is a charity watch.

Latest posts

Back