Oh Max.........sorry I mean Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
There she is on the Cashmasoft programme at midnight........................I hope she sees this, because I am fed up of seeing her in those horrific toe post sandals that she has been wearing for the last 15 years........................and she is such a dead ringer for Max Wall...........................those horrible leggings she seems to have grown so attached to are as bad as the sandals (what a combo). She can look so attractive, so why doesn't she introduce some new items to her sad wardrobe. I think somebody should sneak into her dressing room and get rid of the said items:cool:

This is what she looked like on the midnight TSV.....................

max-wall.jpg

I don't usually bother about what she wears, but for goodness sake, Julia. Those darned things most certainly don't go with an Audrey Hepburn style twin set. Not a good look, at all. I wonder why she feels the need to wear those all the time? Surely a nice pair of tailored trousers, or skirt, would have been more suitable.

Last edited:
I saw her and I just can't understand it, as Dottie says, she can look so nice. It looks like she's rushed out of her dressing room without bothering at all.:bandit:

the facy that julia knows no-one likes them will make her wear them all the more thats just her character. she is digging her heels in quite literally lol!:mysmilie_8:

The top half looked stylish and classy. The bottom half looked like fish wife. Come on Julia you are a good looking woman. Ditch those baggy jeggings and toe posts and give us a bit of glamour!!!!

I dont understand it to be honest, few years back when I lost a few stone I couldnt wait to go out and buy myself new clothes (unfortunately I've put it back on and then some). But Julia can afford to buy herself nice things and she doesnt, I know comfort is a factor but most of the time she is seated anyway so why not wear nice pumps and some nice trousers/skirts on air.

PS I like Julia, I like pretty much all the presenters and I know some people moan its about their presenting skills etc but they are representing QVC and I always believe that when representing someone/a company etc you should look your best, esp if you are being paid to do it!

I have to agree with the above comments and before anyone starts on about it being personal against Julia, this is not about her as a person, but her standards of dress.what she wears on her feet sets the tone of the show, and to wear those ****** awful shoes again and again is just a bit chavvy.the options available to her far exceed those that most of us have available to us, and yet she chooses to wear those.come on Julia-all those years on QVC might mean you have more rights than the other presenters, but with rights come responsibilities.and your responsibility is to appear on screen looking appropriately dressed for the show!

How many threads have been on here about JR and those leggings and awful shoes. Julia always wears really nice tops so when she is sitting down its OK but when she is standing up doing fashion/bags and you get to see the bottom half she always has them on. Even JF wears decent trousers and always has heels on.

I reckon its more the fact that she wears them every time shes on the bliddy telly that gets on peoples wicks more than what she actually wears. Tis for me anyway.
Im sure no one else in the whole of telly world wears the same outfit every time they're on. In fact on reflection Im sure no one else in normal world would wear the same thing for work every day. Ewww.

I get the impression that she is so secure in her position as the premier QVC diva, that she feels she can do as she likes . And presumably she is right as QVC don't seem to be challenging her on it.

It seems disrespectful to both the brands she is representing and the viewers to constantly appear in those ruddy awful toe post mules and zip leg jeans. It looks scruffy and as if she can't be bothered.

Her diva status obviously also overules the fact that I have heard other presenters say that they are not allowed to wear jeans on air. ( and although they do look like Max Wall leggings I have heard JR say that they are apparently jeans )

The Toe-post and leggings threads are the funniest ones on ST. It gives me a good giggle to read everybodys irate comments. I agree with Boffy ~ It may have started off as a comfort thing with her, but now she's sticking them on out of pig-headedness! So funny! :giggle:

HRH probably thinks she looks 25 in them. Wrong!! She just looks like an old bird trying to look young.
mysmilie_55.gif

Perhaps in response to previous threads about zip leggings she has commented on air that they are jeans.
Now you rarely see other presenters in jeans and when worn do seem to be for only certain shows, with a discrete comment explaining their attire.
More to the point I would love to see in the future as what would happen with children at school, hopefully number of the presenters frequently appearing in jeans and what would be then said from the powers would be.

:wonder:

Can't disagree. After all, most of us might put something super comfy on when we get home, even if it's not the most flattering, but she seems to keep her manky old favourites for work. The sandals are bad enough but those jegging things look really tarty and make her look a bit of an old boiler. She could be a real example on how to age well, so I just don't get it.

Its her bunions ! Haven't you noticed when she is demonstrating the pilates gadget how she has dodgy feet. With the toe posts there is no pressure on them !

Its her bunions ! Haven't you noticed when she is demonstrating the pilates gadget how she has dodgy feet. With the toe posts there is no pressure on them !

It's because she's got dancer's feet, dahling. :wink:

As much as I like La Roberts as a presenter, have to agree with the consensus :wave: I might expect to see that god-awful get-up on some old trollop doing her shopping in Iceland, but I really don't want to see it on a shopping telly presenter :smirk: Most of the others make an effort, so why should she be immune? :wait:

I have horrible feet, as I have huge toe joints too.All the more reason to keep them covered up so other people don't have to look at them-Julia should do the same, as hers are on full view to a television audience.

:clapping: :clapping:

And............. guess what Ms Roberts is wearing this evening?

:mysmilie_507:

Latest posts

Back