Skechers Shape ups

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
They have these on the QVC website at the moment on easy pay, only two easy payments but as they say every little helps. Might try a pair

I like Skethers they are very comfortable & lightweight.Unfortunately I recently had to return a pair of trainer types because they were just a bit too short.After that I told myself not to buy footwear online & now I have discovered a nearby Skechers shop I could go & try on.The Shape-ups got a 'Best Buy in the Jan issue of Good Housekeeping magazine.On EP they would be worth a try if you are sure of your sizing.See Amazon also have them.

Are they called "Shape ups" for a reason? - do they maybe help shape the leg because of their design? Sorry to be so dim. I like the look of the shape ups but wonder about walking with them(the picture on the QVC website looks as if the trainers have a "platform" type heel) - i'm disabled/weaker on the right side and am very strong on the left(i compensate) - anybody with a pair advise:sun: Many Thanksxx

I've got a pair that I bought from the Trafford Centre. I honestly cannot say that I have noticed anything in the way of 'shaping up' my legs but they are very comfortable, which is important to me as I'm on my feet much of the day. On the down side, they take a bit of getting used to and they do look a bit like 'special shoes' with the whopping platform sole but on the whole, I'm happy with mine. I do think it's worth paying the QVC postage on this occasion as it may take you a couple of weeks to get used to the slightly different way you walk when wearing. I'm sure you'll be happy with them but at least you've got the 30 day MBG in case you can't get used to them.

Good Housekeeping Magazine Jan 2011 Issue (quote)

Article 'Fitness Footwear' p66
Skechers Shape-ups £90
Rating: 4/5
Claims : Get in shape without setting foot in a Gym.
GHI Comment: Comfy, but results varies from minimal toning to measureable inch loss off thighs/bottom and firmer calves.
Podiatrist's Opinion: They aid the forward motion of the foot, making you want to run and increase stride length.

Haven't tried them myself as I don't like the clumpy look of them & I think it would take more than shoes to tone up my bum & thighs.
Agree with Boycie this would be a good time to but from QVC in case you don't like them.

I have a pair and they are very comfy they help to correct posture when walking I have lower back problems and sciatica and find that wearing them it helps. I havent worn them enough to tell whether they have do what they are supposed to!

I have the trainer type. They have definitely improved the shape of my legs and they are SO comfortable. Love'em

I have two pairs, and they're really comfortable, although not very stylish. I've not noticed any difference in toning, but I walk at least two miles a day in them. A neighbour who badly damaged a knee ligament recently bought a pair and said they have made an enormous difference to her knee. The sole is so thick and cushioned that I would guess they reduce the impact when walking on pavements.

Latest posts

Back