Perfume Whafting!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
Can someone please explain to me why or why do we need models to demonstrate perfume products.

Watching the Philosophy TSV which is good value but its being spoilt by having the 3 models sat like zippy, bungle and george at their little table.......
Their over the top spraying the perfume around them, a long sniff and cheesey grins is gringe worthy. Then theres the one washing her hands covered in lather....she'll have no hands left if she keeps doing it.

Add to the mix, my favourite Renee (said in jest) using the opportunity to do some of her best Jordan pouts and I just turned over to Sky news!!

Come on QVC, its not required- its embarassing. I turn off the channel, I don't rush to the phones. Just describe the product and we will decide for ourselves, we don't need your 'models'!

Can someone please explain to me why or why do we need models to demonstrate perfume products.

Watching the Philosophy TSV which is good value but its being spoilt by having the 3 models sat like zippy, bungle and george at their little table.......
Their over the top spraying the perfume around them, a long sniff and cheesey grins is gringe worthy. Then theres the one washing her hands covered in lather....she'll have no hands left if she keeps doing it.

Add to the mix, my favourite Renee (said in jest) using the opportunity to do some of her best Jordan pouts and I just turned over to Sky news!!

Come on QVC, its not required- its embarassing. I turn off the channel, I don't rush to the phones. Just describe the product and we will decide for ourselves, we don't need your 'models'!

Couldn't agree more, in fact I'd just come on to post the same.
Bliddy ghastly.
Stop it QVC. At once.
:emo:

Have they said whether you can spritz your pits with it instead of having a bath? I'd like to see the models demonstrating that without smudging their lipgloss...

Imagine being with them after the show in the same lift???????? :sad: Where is health and safety when you need it??? lol:tongue:

I really don't see why its necessary to have THREE models all washing their hands at the same time! What exactly is the point??? It tells me no more about the product than if there was only one model doing it. QVC must have money to burn if they afford all these superfluous models.

PS: Cavegirl - I love all your avatars of the classic movie stars!

It's absolutely ridiculous and makes a mockery of the show and us viewers. Son happened to come in the room whilst they were gurning and posturing ~ he couldn't stop laughing! I'm sure he thinks I'm a simpleton for sitting watching them carrying on like they'd been let out of a facility for the evening. It was reminiscent of visting Bedlam ~ I watched in fascinated horror to see what they'd do next!
Cut it out QVC!!!

Honestly!! that spraying and wafting made me so mad. Half the world starving and they're doing something so wasteful and so ridiculous........not to mention the ozone layer:doh:

When will Philosophy bring out a special edition Yellow Snow fragranced shower gel? :nod:

..being spoilt by having the 3 models sat like zippy, bungle and george at their little table.......
Their over the top spraying the perfume around them, a long sniff
:wait: Do you think Chuntley had been wafting in the studio before....??
mysmilie_58.gif
mysmilie_55.gif

Excellent thread MissKat, but do the models have the glamour, elegance, the world can wait for me attitude, portrait at their feet, to compete with the one and only Tova?

If you read QVC US community board. Quite a few of the members wear Philosophy perfumes to church. Seems they don't offend anyone sitting next to you. Perhaps because they have no real smell.:bow:

Glad to see I am not alone......I just find it very insulting to my intelligence and as I said, I turn over as soon as they start doing it. As someone else said, if anyone else is in the room they just start laughing at you for watching it!

The looks and pouts they give to the camera. Some of them look so bored and then get caught by the camera and suddenly have to put their fake grin on and sniff their wrists...

They have let Renee speak.........

As she kept rubbing lotion up and down her arm, she was given court to tell us about her thoughts on Philosophy.........

Please QVC take her away.....

They have let Renee speak.........

As she kept rubbing lotion up and down her arm, she was given court to tell us about her thoughts on Philosophy.........

Please QVC take her away.....

A very awkward moment, don't you think. Don't think it was planned. Debbie F being naughty maybe :doh:

Latest one is lip gloss wafting. Applying the lipgloss then delicately waving it under their nostrils and going 'ahhhhh' while looking seductively down the camera.

Stop. It. Now. It's utterly ridiculous having three seperate models sitting in a row grinning inanely and applying the same product, all staring off into middle distance and laughing at something. It's like watching a moving pictures version of Marshall Ward catalogue circa 1982.

Oprah Gets Her Own Skin Cream, in a Way

Beauty brand Philosophy got a huge boost today, thanks to Oprah's Ultimate Favorite Things episode. In 2005, Oprah gave Philosophy's Hope in a Jar moisturizer to an audience of Hurricane Katrina volunteers. That's enough of a ringing endorsement, but on today's show, she went one step further. "It's hands down the best moisturizer I've ever used," she said. This year, Philosophy has created special packaging featuring an adorable photo of baby Oprah on the front. It's a limited-edition thing, so if you've got to have it, jump on it. Like most of Oprah's picks, it's bound to sell out.

Pic wouldn't cut and paste but it shows a red glittery box with OW on the side.

Latest posts

Back