When is a Tova DMQ Ring Not a Tova DMQ Ring? When it's a Boomerang...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
Haven't been on here much recently, most of my web time has been spent Christmas shopping - virtually none of it at Le Q - but I have to confess in a moment of indulgent madness I bought (or rather asked a friend to buy for me as a combined Christmas and birthday present) a Tova DMQ ring. She ordered it on her account and it was sent to me. When I received it I could see immediately it was faulty - some of the stones had been pushed too far into the metal and one in particular had significant gaps either side with stones that were supposed to be set flush. I got my friend to contact CS who sent the prepaid label to me, I sent it back. As the ring had by this point sold out, I placed myself on waitlist via my account. Lo and behold a few days later I check my account to see a ring had been shipped to me a couple of days previously. I'm sure you can see where this is going :bandit:...suspecting the worst I contacted CS to ask when exactly the ring had been sent to me, and my friend did the same to check when her refund had gone through, and there was only a few days between them, and when CS assured me that under no circumstances would a faulty item be re-sent out, I knew for definite that it would be the same one, as indeed it was. Ah, it was like being re-united with an old friend...not :dull:. CS very apologetic, can't think how this happened etc. Another pre-paid label on it's way. Whilst on the phone I politely and quietly wondered aloud as to whether if both orders had been on the one account this may not have happened, i.e. they only sent it out again thinking they were dealing with a different unsuspecting consumer. That went down like a lead balloon...:giggle:

I know my general complaint isn't new, but this is the first time I've ever been sent the exact same faulty item twice! :taphead:

They should reimburse the total amount as a goodwill gesture and vow on a bible it will never, ever, happen again. At Christmas time as well, when they bang on about shop here, save your legs, petrol blah blah blah. They haven't exactly helped relieve stress here, armchair shopping and all the supposed benefits. They also need to send you some flaahs in the Peony range as well. Mind you, DF just said they sold out the show last time so be quick with orders, yet posters on here said they had to send theirs back cos of shoddy finishing. Ho hum. Bit like you ring really. Good luck with a replacement.

That is absolutely disgraceful. Shame on QVC. Considering they 'never send out returns,' there seems to be a remarkable number that DO get sent out. I can't believe they have the audacity to lie about it when we all know it happens.

AD - you will make a detective yet !!! It's such a shame that your suspicions proved correct. Another lie to add to QVC's repertoire. Loved your line of questioning CS - wish it could have been filmed with them squirming at the other end of the line....

OMG Art Deco, missed your original post and stunned at what happened. If ever there was a story that proves without a doubt they do send out returned goods, it's this one. Many months ago I recieved a DMQ ring with similar faults to yours, stone missing, its setting pushed down as tho crushed and I'm convinced it was a return. They say they check every single item sent out, clearly they don't. In fact, they arn't even checking the returns it seems.

Latest posts

Back