Frayed Flawers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Not impressed at all especially with the Orchids.
Much nicer flowers in my large local garden centre.

:tongue:

Very expensive and didn't look any better than garden centre ones as you said.

And the guest's pronunciation of the word flowers as "flaaarrrrs" both in the presentation and the promo, had me reaching for the off button!

And the guest's pronunciation of the word flowers as "flaaarrrrs" both in the presentation and the promo, had me reaching for the off button!

I heard it in the promo and had to rewind live TV cos I couldn't believe my ears!

I've never heard anyone pronounce flowers like this before. It's not as if she's trying to make it sound posh. VERY strange.

Well done to Debbie F for keeping a straight face!

And don't even think of buying from their own site. A friend of mine ordered at the beginning of October and has not yet received a thing - no contact either from them to explain. Diabolical service, but what seems to happen often when firms get tied up with the shopping channels. Charlie Bears is a screaming example of this - talk to any poor retailer trying to get stock!

Said in a post a while back re the quality of 'Peony' flowers, & watched the show tonight to see what they are like.Much prefer the arrangements from 'Bloom', just had a catalogue recently and they have some lovely Christmas arrangements.Some of the larger pieces are expensive but they look much better quality for the money

I was very disappointed with the flowers I received from Peony thought they looked very fake so returned them and placed a bad review (which of course was rejected). So I then ordered from Blooms (after reading about them on a previous post) their flowers are far superior and very realistic.

All credit to the presenters who didn't laugh or correct her pronunciation.:clapping:

If I'd be with her I'd have said "the what?" when she started going on about the flaaars, because if she'd not be surrounded by FLOWERS I'd have had no idea what she was on about. It takes a lot to irritate me, to be honest, but I found myself counting the number of times she said it because it was beginning to get on my nerves.

The flowers didn't seem to be selling that well either.

The only conclusion I can come to is that she says "flaaaars" because it almost rhymes with "vase" and that's what most of them come in. :wink2:

I was trying to find them on the website to see if I could show my boyfriend a video of her saying 'flaars' all the time but cant find anything on there! Do you think they have removed them off of the website? Anyway I couldnt get over her saying it all the time, surely to god someone must have told her she sounds stupid! :doh:

I was trying to find them on the website to see if I could show my boyfriend a video of her saying 'flaars' all the time but cant find anything on there! Do you think they have removed them off of the website? Anyway I couldnt get over her saying it all the time, surely to god someone must have told her she sounds stupid! :doh:

Show him Youtube, type in Julie Bates Peony Flowers on the Alan Titchmarsh Show or Find out about our new artificial flowers from Peony.

Latest posts

Back