Buy now prices compared to auction prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

goldenamber

Registered Shopper
Hello, I am new here and quite new to Gems / Rocks tv. I have bought a couple of things in the past from both channels but that must be well over a year ago now.

My question is (really hoping someone can help me with this) how are the buy now prices compared to the auction prices?

Last year I ordered from rocks and there was the ability to add things to your basket and buy instantly which seems to have disappeared now - I notice you now have to request an auction. I have just requested an auction for something I like, and in the meantime I noticed that on the gems tv website they sell the same ranges and you can buy them instantly (but the item I wanted says it is reserved, I don't know whether that's because I requested an auction and perhaps they put it aside until it is shown on tv?) Anyway to get to the point :grin: I was thinking I would have liked to 'buy it now' if the option had been available, but are the prices inflated that way? Have I done the right thing requesting the auction (i.e. will it go for a lower price in the auction than it would on buy now?) I am very confused!!

Thanks for your help.

p.s. I am posting this on both Rocks tv and gems tv forums as it relates to both and I wasn't sure which was the right one to use! sorry if this was wrong

Evening GA - you have most definately done the right thing.....the catalogue prices are way higher than they go to at auction! Hopefully the auction slot you have been given is convenient for you to be glued to the channel. Good luck with your purchase ....... let us know what you think when you get it! After all, we love to see someone happy with their sparkles!!!

Thank you, I am actually working when it comes on but hoping to be able to "sneak" onto the internet for a few minutes to watch online. fingers crossed i dont miss it but it will be difficult as I think it is an hour's slot where it could come on and can't really get away with being logged on for that long while i am at work!!!

Hi Goldenamber and welcome!

The website prices are generally much higher than if you see something at auction so you've done the right thing by requesting an auction. Just a word of caution, the auctions don't always run when they're scheduled to. It's very frustrating and I don't think Gems/Rocks have sorted out the problems yet. Good luck though and I hope you get it at a great price!

Oh! Good luck then - fingers crossed for you. If you miss out though, try customer services they may be able to help you out if there is stock left and will usually give you it at the price it went to - especially if you requested it and the alloted time wasnt helpful!!!!!

Do tell whether you get it wont you?!!

Welcome.....

:mysmilie_357: to the forum Goldenamber and good luck with your TV auction request. Haven't tried it myself, but hopefully you will get your piece for a better price than in the fixed 'buy it now' section.

Thanks everyone, I will let you know what happens!

Just been on the website to have another look and the item has disappeared now, so not sure whether that means it has now sold? (don't know how though as there wasn't a buy now option as it was reserved - does anyone know what this means? or do the website items change daily?) very confused now!!!:confused: It was a pair of london blue & sky blue topaz earrings.

Thanks!

I watched between 11-12 the full hour and my request was never shown :sad: I just don't know how you are supposed to get the pieces you want if there is no buy it now / and they don't show your request!! the item has disappeared off the website, so no idea how you can get what you want so frustrating!!!:headbang:

Oh dear GA - infuriating isnt it? I was really hoping it it would go ok and the system would be proven to work - so many of us doubters have observed before that it isnt the best system there is......unfortunately you have come a cropper too - maybe someone from CR/GTV/Rocks will take on board its not just us old, whinging, grumpy moaners (I am grouping you all in with me - sorry!) who have issues with the system - seems even after trying to be up beat and encouraging about it, we have seen it fallen flat on its face again

It's a ridiculous system, and I'm pretty computer savvy, so it's not a case of being technologically inept. It's yet another example of the company taking choice away from the customer, and I don't know of any business model where that policy has been successful. You can request a tv auction for any number of hideous and humungous diamond knuckle-dusters, and I suspect you can request any Sarah Bennett piece, along with the more expensive items made using that incredibly rare gem, tanzanite, and at the other end of the scale, the tv shows seem to have endless requests for the same bracelets, bangles and charms. Frankly, I find the request shows a turn-off because they spend time on the mega-expensive diamond monstrosities which never seem to sell, then they have 8 or 9 tanzy pieces, carnelian, howlite or jade necklace/bracelet, and at least one 'manager's special', consisting of yet another clonking great diamond thing, or the latest in a seemingly endless series of triple A tanzanite rings, and that's it. Boring and not the best way to sell a company's product. They're making a lot of mistakes and taking customer loyalty for granted, and that's not intelligent at this time of financial uncertainty.

Latest posts

Back