Buy now prices compared to auction prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

goldenamber

Registered Shopper
Hello, I am new here and quite new to Gems / Rocks tv. I have bought a couple of things in the past from both channels but that must be well over a year ago now.

My question is (really hoping someone can help me with this) how are the buy now prices compared to the auction prices?

Last year I ordered from rocks and there was the ability to add things to your basket and buy instantly which seems to have disappeared now - I notice you now have to request an auction. I have just requested an auction for something I like, and in the meantime I noticed that on the gems tv website they sell the same ranges and you can buy them instantly (but the item I wanted says it is reserved, I don't know whether that's because I requested an auction and perhaps they put it aside until it is shown on tv?) Anyway to get to the point :grin: I was thinking I would have liked to 'buy it now' if the option had been available, but are the prices inflated that way? Have I done the right thing requesting the auction (i.e. will it go for a lower price in the auction than it would on buy now?) I am very confused!!

Thanks for your help.

p.s. I am posting this on both Rocks tv and gems tv forums as it relates to both and I wasn't sure which was the right one to use! sorry if this was wrong

Latest posts

Back