Hewlett Packard TSV - Sunday 28 Nov

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snowstorm

Registered Shopper
Anyone have an idea on what the price might be and if it is going to be a good one to go for? Plus is likely to be on easy pay?:sweat:

Looking online i expect it to be £800 - £1000 and probably on 4 easy pay!

Whatever it is i expect it to be very expensive.

hp 20" Touchsmart All-in-1 PC w/ 4GB Ram, 1TB HDD Digital TV Tuner DVD & Remote
Item Number: 564501
QVC Price £837.50
Today's Special Value Price £709.44
Availability In stock
UK P&P £19.95
Available in 4 Easy Pay instalments of £177.36 plus P&P

HP 20" Touchsmart all-in-one PC with 4GB RAM, 1TB hard disk drive, a digital TV tuner, a DVD drive and a remote control. Intuitive touchscreen controls let you browse computer files and play games making this HP PC a fantastic multimedia hub for your home. Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery. UK only.

Browse your files, edit pictures and play games, such as the supplied touchscreen-compatible PC game, R.U.S.E., with the intuitive and innovative multi-touch touchscreen controls.

Watch TV, DVDs and more on this fantastic widescreen display, complete with built-in speakers, graphics card and digital TV card.

Say goodbye to wires with this all-in-one system. The computer is built into the touchscreen display, the mouse and keyboard are wireless, and there's Wi-Fi connectivity too!

Get fast and smooth performance even with demanding applications such as graphics-intensive games thanks to the 2.4GHz AMD Athlon IIX4 processor and a whopping 4GB of memory.

Store all of your videos, photos, music and more on the huge 1TB hard drive (that's about 1,000GB of space).

Technical specifications:

Display: touch-enabled 50.8cm (20") diagonal widescreen BrightView LCD (1600x900)
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 processor 610e 2.4GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR3 (2 x 2GB) RAM
Hard drive space: 1TB SATA hard disk drive (7200rpm)
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4270 (up to 1919MB total available graphics memory)
Optical drive: slim tray load 8x SuperMulti drive supporting LightScribe technology
3-in-1 memory card reader
Connectivity: integrated 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet LAN, wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
TV card: analogue and DVB-T tuner card (DVB-T service not available in Ireland)
Audio: built-in MPEG 4 Sound 2 high performance speakers
Webcam: integrated VGA webcam with built-in microphone
Dimensions: 41.6cm x 51.8cm x 19cm (16.4" x 20.4" x 7.5")
Weight: 9kg
Input/output

TV in
S-video in
Stereo audio in
IR blaster out
6 x USB 2.0 ports (2 on side)
Side headphone/microphone port
Rear audio line out port
Software

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
HP Power Assistant
HP TouchSmart software suite-applications specifically designed for touch: HP TouchSmart Music, Video, DVD, Photo, Canvas, RSS Feeds, Browser,Calendar, Notes, Clock, Webcam, Facebook, Twitter, Recipe box
R.U.S.E (a real-time strategy game with multi-touch technology)
HP Application Centre
HP Link Up
HP Setup Manager
Cyberlink DVD Suite
Norton Online Backup (30-day trial)
Microsoft Office 2010 starter (is preloaded with reduced functionality versions of Word and Excel - purchase an Office 2010 product key to activate full-featured Office software on this PC)
Adobe Flash Player
Windows Media Centre

What's in the box?

HP TouchSmart 310-1145uk AIO PC
Wireless keyboard
Wireless optical mouse
HP Win7 Media Centre remote control
Mains plug
Quick start guide

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.564501

I have had the pleasure of playing with a device very similar recently, they really are fun and seem really powerful. Just one thing puts me off, all in one. Imagine for a moment if you will, you're working away on your lovlely hp all in one and...the screen dies permenantly! All the other devices then become usless (unless you are an engineer), these things remind me of tellys with built in dvds or video players from the past, ok they take up less room, personally I feel it really is a considered purchase, consider the future, if you have a PC at the moment and your monitor dies you would go and by another one, simple.
I know it's only a matter of time until I end up working on one of these, just like I predicted to myself sky+ boxes would feature at some time in my life because they have a hard drive inside them and with hard drives it's never a matter of if they will fail it's, when.

Think carefully, as we all know qvc never point out the downside of anything, also this product doesn't even seem to have a blu ray player!

Only my thoughts and opinion based on my experiences.

i agree but its about branding to a certain extent. cheaper brands are not always as durable as something that costs a bit more.
there are certain brands i never buy.

my thoughts running along the same theme as yours AlienNet - I am deffo in the market for a new puter as this one is driving me crazy but as soon as I saw it I thought no - quite apart from the price, which is a bit beyond my range, it's a bit too all-singing/all-dancing for my taste..if something went wrong it'd likely be unusable full stop...think I'll look for something a little more down-market..!!

PS - I definitely DO NOT expect to pay £20 p & p if I'm spending £700 either!!!

i agree but its about branding to a certain extent. cheaper brands are not always as durable as something that costs a bit more.
there are certain brands i never buy.

In my experience branding makes almost no difference whatsoever unless you go really high end, Eizo monitors in my opinion are the best in the world and you certainly get what you pay for.

HP/Compaq, they don't make hard drives, they don't make memory, they dont make cpu's nor do the make graphics cards, the machine in question is powered by an AMD cpu and graphics are by ATI now owned by Advanced Micro Devices/AMD. I am not even sure they make their own touchscreens.

Most of all the brands seem to go in cycles with quality of build, that's what I have seen over the years, recently I have recommended a few samsung laptops to people and you would think the laptops would have a samsung hard drive inside because they do produce really good hard drives, atm, but no both laptops had hitachi hard drives inside.

I think this all in one will run hot with everything crammed into the back of a monitor, I can imagine to keep it cool it will have to have a cpu fan in their too which will not be silent, thats alot of kit in a small space, my worst nightmare to work on, but hey it only needs one lead! hehehe great reason to buy it.

Thank you all for such sensible remarks. I usually have no problem resisting QVC's sales patter but I'm so untechnical that I found myself drawn to this PC without knowing what the downsides could be. When the moment comes I'll bear all your points in mind and look for something simpler. I wouldn't use a fraction of the features in any case.

I had an all in one computer once, never again - packed up within three years. The processor or fan burnt out or something. The manufacturer didn't want to know and the computer shop I took it to, said it wasn't fixable. I ended up buying a dell which lasted six years before it started getting sluggish and very loud, it does still work but I was worried it was packing up so I bought a new one. The thing to realise with the all in one pc's is they use laptop parts, instead of desktop parts. I think I read somewhere that laptop parts didn't last as long.

Before you buy a PC you need to work out exactly what you're going to use it for. If it's just browsing the internet, sending emails, using office programs etc then you'll be fine with one of the basic to mid-range machines. Say sub £500. If the desktop tower packs up, you still have the monitor, keyboard and mouse. If an all in one pc packs up, you only have the keyboard and mouse.

The thing to realise with the all in one pc's is they use laptop parts, instead of desktop parts. I think I read somewhere that laptop parts didn't last as long.

Hi some of what you say imo is rather misleading, but I do get where you are coming from when you say "laptop" parts you probably mean on-board, believe it or not with many small desktop PC's almost everything is on-board too, so on board sound video with a 3.5" hard drive as opposed to a 2.5" hard drive. A good PC imho has a graphics card slot pci/e on the motherboard so if the video dies you can pull the card out and put a new one in, saying that modern on-board sound is very good these days. The pc that you say has become noisy could be easy to fix, it could be something as simple as a cpu fan, inexpensive and easy to change.

The main thing with any pc and laptop is to keep it cool, I am using my laptop now and all I have done is put a washing line peg underneath the back of it to prop it up and create a better air flow.

The main thing with any pc and laptop is to keep it cool, I am using my laptop now and all I have done is put a washing line peg underneath the back of it to prop it up and create a better air flow.

Useful tip. I must try that.:handshake:

I had an all in one computer once, never again - packed up within three years. The processor or fan burnt out or something. The manufacturer didn't want to know and the computer shop I took it to, said it wasn't fixable. I ended up buying a dell which lasted six years before it started getting sluggish and very loud, it does still work but I was worried it was packing up so I bought a new one. The thing to realise with the all in one pc's is they use laptop parts, instead of desktop parts. I think I read somewhere that laptop parts didn't last as long.

Before you buy a PC you need to work out exactly what you're going to use it for. If it's just browsing the internet, sending emails, using office programs etc then you'll be fine with one of the basic to mid-range machines. Say sub £500. If the desktop tower packs up, you still have the monitor, keyboard and mouse. If an all in one pc packs up, you only have the keyboard and mouse.

I'm glad to know that for a novice, I had the right kind of idea and figure in mind!!

thanks for the tips re laptops...daughter's got so hot this afternoon - I feel sure the ruddy thing will burst into flames one of these fine days!

Hi some of what you say imo is rather misleading, but I do get where you are coming from when you say "laptop" parts you probably mean on-board,

No, you're mistaken, I mean laptop parts as in parts are made for laptops i.e. smaller, lighter and otherwise adapted parts. The motherboard, the disk drive, the hard drive etc are all smaller and lighter in laptops than they are in traditional full size desktops. I'm not saying you don't find them in desktops - the smaller desktops particularly but in general the parts are primarily made or adapted for portable usage.

Last edited:
quote: The thing to realise with the all in one pc's is they use laptop parts, instead of desktop parts. I think I read somewhere that laptop parts didn't last as long.

No, you're mistaken, I mean laptop parts as in parts are made for laptops i.e. smaller, lighter and otherwise adapted parts. The motherboard, the disk drive, the hard drive etc are all smaller and lighter in laptops than they are in traditional full size desktops. I'm not saying you don't find them in desktops - the smaller desktops particularly but in general the parts are primarily made or adapted for portable usage.

I am not mistaken, if you had said what you meant in the first place I wouldn't have posted. I am more than sure the TSV will have a 3.5" sata desktop hard drive in it because of the rpm 1TB @ 7200. I do believe the cd/dvd drive would fit in any newish laptop the memory however will not be, so-dimms (laptop memory), the rest of the parts will be on-board, on board is on board as in permenant. Oh and it's my job to know, has been for longer than I care to admit.

So Take out all the parts from the TSV and what do we have that will fit/compatible with a laptop? The cd/dvd drive and maybe the cmos battery, so much for using laptop parts.

Go back a few generations of laptops when the likes of Tiny existed, all the laptops then used desktop cpu's that were designed for desktops, they had huge fans and were noisy as heck, leaps and bounds have been made acording to Moore's law and nowadays cpu's that are designed to be mobile are incredible, going back to the TSV again I believe this quad core athlon would not fit in any laptop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law

I still agree with you that all in one pc's are a bad idea and so do almost all of the people I have worked with and continue to work with.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back