Alison K has brokened my brain!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AlienNet

Registered Shopper
In all my life I have never heard anyone talk so fast (and over the guests too) not to mention her family at almost any opportunity "oh my Son is about to depart on a mission to Mars this wind up torch will be great for that" I don't think she is a bad lady but the sheer speed of her words made me switch over and I like the electrical hours, Please AK slow down a bit I can't afford the paracetamol. :confused:

I agree it would be much better listening to her if she slowed down a bit and was less strident.

She's like a bossy school mistress lecturing her pupils. I bet irl she ALWAYS has to have the last word and be RIGHT about every bleedin thing. :rolleyes:
mysmilie_55.gif

Just how many friends and aqaintances can 1 woman have?!!:giggle:

well of course they have one for every ****** product they sell, not to mention relatives, postmen, milkmen, dustbinmen, teachers, checkout girls at Asda and Uncle Tom ****** Cobley & all..!

:mysmilie_11::mysmilie_11:i like her....

Nobody on this thread specifically said they don't like her, you must be able to follow her very fast drifting off topic talking style. I know the presenters have to watch the clock it cannot be easy. If I had to choose between AK, Dale F, Cathrine H and good old Julian B to present anything I am sorry but AK would be the bottom of the list, that does not mean people don't like her it means some of us can't cope with the intense velocity, must be my age or too many years abroad.

:wonder:

Nobody on this thread specifically said they don't like her, you must be able to follow her very fast drifting off topic talking style. I know the presenters have to watch the clock it cannot be easy. If I had to choose between AK, Dale F, Cathrine H and good old Julian B to present anything I am sorry but AK would be the bottom of the list, that does not mean people don't like her it means some of us can't cope with the intense velocity, must be my age or too many years abroad.

:wonder:

bloomy heck ....i only said i like her, didnt mean to cause world war 3!!

I like her too, she's old school posh and has the confidence to match, she does go on a bit though!:call:

bloomy heck ....i only said i like her, didnt mean to cause world war 3!!

I can see how that might have made you feel, but I do honestly think there is a difference between presenting style and liking someone. For example, Kathy Tayler (in my opinion) is one of the most decent, genuine, honest people on QVC, but I am not over keen when she presents, as I am nervous for her. Alison seems to be very decent and genuine, but I just can't cope with her over exuberance.
Of course there are some who are crap presenters and totally unlikeable too, but that's probably another topic altogether...........!

I can't watch too much of Alison K as she is so rude when she talks over the guests. If she's on her own, I think she's quite good and informative, but if she's with a guest I often have to switch over because I get so frustrated with her constant interruptions.

I agree that with a guest she can sometimes overpower - but generally as a rule I don't mind her. Her blog is brilliant - really well written and she's a naturally very comedic writer. Always enjoy reading her posts.

Generally, I don't have a problem with her. I think she is one of the better presenters and she is always well groomed, despite some her bad hair days, if you know what i mean.

I agree that with a guest she can sometimes overpower - but generally as a rule I don't mind her. Her blog is brilliant - really well written and she's a naturally very comedic writer. Always enjoy reading her posts.

I agree Cavey. I have made comments on a few of her blogs and she's always acknowledged them which I think is really kind and shows she actually reads what people write.

Latest posts

Back