Clarisonic - love it

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mollymoo

Registered Shopper
OOh - I've used it twice and love it. Think its a keeper.
If anyone has any handy tips for it would be grateful - my only thing is that the instructions are a bit confusing - OH said might have to use it a while before they make sense???
Thanks
Mollymoo

I'm a newbie too mine arrived Saturday waiting 24 hours to use it was so bad I just wanted to use it. Anyway, have used it 3 times now and my skin feels quite a bit smoother I actually look forward to using it and my skin feels so clean.

I wasn't sure which cleanser to use with it as I thought I read somewhere you couldn't use foaming cleansers but, used Elemis Cleansing wash with it as read Donna mention on another thread she uses that and it works perfectly. Am hoping I'll be able to use the new melting cleanser with it.

Won't be sending it back if the first days use is anything to go by.

Thats great news Molly:up: I have a confession to make - i also bought the Clarisonic on the three easi pays(i couldnt resist after reading all the brilliant reviews on here and wanted to compare it to the Treisonic) and also love love it - Donna and others were so right it is a much superior machine when compared to the Treisonic which did the job of cleaning(well brushing your skin with a good cleanser would eh!!) but the Clarisonic does a more professional "indepth" job. I'm glad i bought it and will keep it - the Treisonic has gone to the charity shop. Like Molly i would be interested to read any guidance on use from any forumites who have been using theirs for a while:clapping:

Congratulations on a good buy Mollyxx

I've used it with the sensitive one they put in the pack and last night with gommage. Probably have no face left at this rate!!!!!:wonder: Its a much better clean than the gommage and LE cleanse and polish.
Wonder if still need to buy the dearer cleansers if its this good?
Oh then it'll pay for itself!!!!
:clapping:

:mysmilie_504:Am very interested to hear wat u all have to say about the Clarisonic..........I just decided to go for it, when it sold out!!!
One question though, if u can help....I have very sensitive skin, do u think it will still be ok for me?

Thats great news Molly:up: I have a confession to make - i also bought the Clarisonic on the three easi pays(i couldnt resist after reading all the brilliant reviews on here and wanted to compare it to the Treisonic) and also love love it - Donna and others were so right it is a much superior machine when compared to the Treisonic which did the job of cleaning(well brushing your skin with a good cleanser would eh!!) but the Clarisonic does a more professional "indepth" job. I'm glad i bought it and will keep it - the Treisonic has gone to the charity shop. Like Molly i would be interested to read any guidance on use from any forumites who have been using theirs for a while:clapping:

Congratulations on a good buy Mollyxx

Another one here who has just upgraded to Clarisonic from the Tresonic.

I was really pleased with the Tresonic as it made my skin glow, and must confess that I'm struggling to see a further improvement with the Clarisonic - although it is early days as I only got it on Saturday. That said I believe the Clarisonic does leave my skin cleaner as when I finish off with my toner having used the Clarisonic, there is no make-up residue on the cotton pads - there was some with the Tresonic.

Because I was so pleased with the Tresonic, I justified getting the Plus version (not from QVC), so I could use it on the body. I must say I find it a bit of a faff having to change heads (lazy me), and it is a nuisance not being able to use the charger in the bathroom. Does anyone know whether Clarisonic make a separate cradle/stand just for storing it in the bathroom? I've googled but can't find anything.

No seperate cradle for bathrooms. But you do not need to store it on the cradle only when charging, otherwise its just a stand to sit on. Out of habit I have mine on the kitchen worktop beside the sonic toothbrush both on their stands.

You can use any cleanser which suits your skin, if its a cheap one then no problems. Now to be honest, I would be wary of using exfoliating gradule style with the Clarisonic just to be safe. Any product you use water to remove will work, even oil cleansing ones. The body brush I do use with exfoliating cleanser but found I get just the same clean feeling and the tops of my arms and thighs really feel smooth and soft with using a shower gel. Because I bought the Plus version I did get a body exfoliator with mine and the beads are very gentle. So that made me wary of using on the face with an exfoliator.

Thanks for your help.
Do you have to let it run out of charge? Our sonic toothbrush and other things often say let it run down completely especially after first use.
Is lovely though - I'm using the head that was on it when it came - the others??? presume they are tougher bristles and you use a lighter touch - not that I've pressed it onto my face.
OOH I love new gadgets!!!
Mollymoo

Well mine has a red light which comes on, when I spot that I do set to charge.
Now once in the bath it just stopped on me, as the charge was dead and I think the body brush uses more power.

Hi

I went for this having seen someone posting on here that this was on 3 Easy Pays... Used it for the first time this evening and have to say even after only 1 use my skin looks SO much cleaner and pores smaller! Quite impressive!

Skin does feel slightly "scrubbed" and a bit tingly, so not sure if I maybe pressed a bit too hard on the old brush, but I have to say that first impressions are very good.

:mysmilie_504:Am very interested to hear wat u all have to say about the Clarisonic..........I just decided to go for it, when it sold out!!!
One question though, if u can help....I have very sensitive skin, do u think it will still be ok for me?

I have thread veins on my face which I was very worried could be made worse by using the Clarisonic. I have to be very careful and avoid exfoliation products for this reason. BE mineral foundation is also a no no for me as it irritates my skin although I'm not sure whether these things qualify me as being 'very sensitive' or not. Anyway, I use the blue 'delicate' brushhead and have had no problems whatsoever and that's using it twice a day (most days). After a month's use I decided to 'graduate' to the sensitive head, however I've now gone back to the delicate as I think that suits my skin much better.

Everyone's skin is different and whilst I'm sure there will be exceptions, I do think many people with sensitive skin can use the Clarisonic if the many reviews on the QVC US website are to be believed. At least with QVC you can give it a go and see.

I used mine for the first time yesterday. I love it and definately keeping it! My face does feel very clean and fresh. I do find the beeping sounds a bit quick so I've just ignored them and gone at my own pace. I've also purchased the Alpha H Liquid Gold so my skin will hopefully look even better by Christmas!

I try to hold the brush really lightly to my face. I find that if I am doing it right it froths a little but if I press too hard it disappears off into my hair line.

I use the gatineau melatogenine cleanser with mine and love both of them! Think I will stick with Gatineau as I love all the products I have tried.

I didn't realise there was SUCH a difference between cheap skin care and the proper brands.

I am better with the clarisonic now as when I first used it I nearly skinned myself.

I have rosacea(sp) and use the blue head without problem. Did use the white sensitive head I got with mine, used it without problem. But decided to try the blue delicate head during the really cold winter months. Ended up staying with it.

Right, do not press into the face! You don't need to the machine will do its job and the work for you with a light hand. Ladies you are not scrubbing the floors! As long as its touching your face it will do its work.

So sorry to cheekly butt into this thread.
Could I please ask a question of those who have purchased from QVC ?
Is their Clarisonic the classic version, how many and just what heads does the item come with please ?

Thanks Bags

So sorry to cheekly butt into this thread.
Could I please ask a question of those who have purchased from QVC ?
Is their Clarisonic the classic version, how many and just what heads does the item come with please ?

Thanks Bags

Yes, it's the classic version and comes with 3 heads - the normal, sensitive and the delicate. :nod:

I have a question which I hope someone can help with.

I have been using my Clarisonic with Elemis Sensitive Wash but, I have a few bottles of Elemis Pro-Radiance Cleanser I need to use which I ususally apply to my skin dry but, if I use it with Clarisonic do I need to wet my face then apply cleanser first? Or can I use it dry then use my Clarisonic?

Thank you :hi:

I use the pro-radiance cleanser with the Clarisonic - i put the cleanser onto dry skin(as directed) and allow it to loosen, i then leave it for a minute to dissolve makeup and grime(again as directed) - i then wet the clairsonic brush and gently use it allover my face and neck finishing with a warm mit - then dry and tone.

Yipee :rock:

I'm having one bought for me for Christmas - at a bargain price

Last edited:
hmmmm, I'm very tempted by this now! my skin is playing funny buggers at the mo and reading all these good reviews is making me want to give it a go, I think I might hold off til after christmas and see if I can get one in the sales.

Latest posts

Back