Quick Violins To the Ready Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Debbie Greenwood is on with jewellery so is chatting about everything.

Luckly talking about having been out to the Lola Rose party and looking forward to the QVC Christmas party Friday and her going to try to get to every party she can, as lifes to short.

A little while later says she doesn't know whats happened to herself with not going out.

Then goes on to say she only goes out once a month, "well thats apart from going out for lunch, I'm lucky to go out once a month don't know whats happened to my life ?"

Would that be apart from trips to Starbucks and the DL Club, night school for Portugese and trips to Portugal ........ :confused:

It's so very sad poor Debbie I'm sure people watching their hearts are bleeding :yawn::wonder:

You just have to feel for these presenters I don't know how they keep up with what they have .......

:cheeky:

I do think some of the presenters get carried away with what they have, what their doing for christmas etc etc, for a lot of people watching this year will be a tough one and it doesnt help when someone is harping on about how many holidays they have, how many parties they are going to etc etc.

I know they chat away and fill the time but a wee bit of common sense wouldnt kill them, in fact a huge whack across the head with common sense would do the lot of them some good.

That woman gets on my wick anyway.

I agree that some presenters need to engage their brain before they open their mouths. A tall order for some!!!

Poor cow. :rolleyes:
mysmilie_55.gif

perk of the job. us customers spend millions and i like nicky of lola rose she is soo excited that qvc sell oodles of stuff in such a short time.

it was more likely a customer event to thank the customers that really spend a great deal on lola rose. i think its rather sweet that qvc look after their very best customers aaaaaaaahh!!:rock:

Debbie mentioned putting the Christmas tree up at home and how they always took a photo of it. The photo was on her blog last year, the tree was huge and was by a massive staircase. If I had a house like that I don't think I would want to go out!

The presenters do seem to get carried away about Christmas, not only in terms of material things but also talk of having lots of family and friends visiting. For some people Christmas is a rather lonely time and these comments probably don't help. I know QVC are trying to sell things and I'm not being a miserable cow (honestly!) but sometimes it's a bit OTT.

Yes I maybe wrong but it looked like a large sweeping staircase that the girls had to stand half way up to place the fairy on top.
I think she did say though I could be wrong that they were getting their tree, if that's so would hate to know just how much it would cost each year coupled with having it delivered.
Then in the same show she has the cheek to mention watching what you spend at Christmas, as this year she is. :angel:
A few tree branches sprayed white added to a soil filled bucket wrapped with Christmas paper decorated with a bit of tinsel and a few cheap baulbes topped with a star then ? :tongue:

:cheeky:

I saw the hour that she was talking in and thought the very same thing about parties.
QVC presenters are forever banging on about party this and party that but a heck of a lot of their regular viewers are lonely people who tune in for a bit of comfort and wouldn't ever get invited to a party in all probability.
I'm blessed with a huge family so Christmas for us is a lovely time (no actual parties though) but it's not like that for everyone.
DG is not my favourite presenter, she always seems a bit sneery and passes catty comments while keeping that smug smile on her face. Not keen:bandit:

I'm going to be the fly in the ointment here I'm afraid. In life there are the have and the have nots and we just have to accept that fact.
I do not want to hear a presenter saying how miserable they are and that they spend christmas alone ets. If someone has a lovely house and enjoys parties, good on them. Life is dreary enough without hearing someone moan and complain. I watch films and tv to be taken away from reality sometimes.
DG is a bubbly presenter and I quite like her.

I saw some of that hour, she made me laugh with one particular comment - was showing a pair of earrings and said 'Now, I have something very similar to these from the Kirk's Folly range that I bought myself, they aren't in real precious metal or as elegant or nice as these ones though...' :giggle:

I saw some of that hour, she made me laugh with one particular comment - was showing a pair of earrings and said 'Now, I have something very similar to these from the Kirk's Folly range that I bought myself, they aren't in real precious metal or as elegant or nice as these ones though...' :giggle:

I heard the comment about the item that she said cost pence :smirk:

:giggle:

Last edited:
That woman gets on my wick anyway.

I agree that some presenters need to engage their brain before they open their mouths. A tall order for some!!!

I agree, I can never watch her for long, I wish she would act her age and not like a silly teenager.

I agree, I can never watch her for long, I wish she would act her age and not like a silly teenager.

I used to really enjoy watching her shows thinking she was nice and full of fun then sadly something made me question myself.
Now I couldn't agree more she works me up I can't settle in comfort watching when she's presenting as she doesn't sit back allowing guests to speak.
She appears on edge and constantly sat forward in her seat nodding trying to butt in, talking over them.
Monday's Claire and Debbie can be a nightmare talking ten to the dozen over one another.
Debbie comments that people get her and Kathy mixed up I don't at all.
Give me Kathy any day of the week, friendly down to earth and not afraid to be the person she is.
I recall when they had partners for the morning show and Simon said he was glad he was paired with Kathy as she was a joy to work with.
That when presenting she listened when he spoke, how many times do you hear presenters rhyme off what they have prepared to say.

Latest posts

Back