New CID Cosmetics TSV 1/1/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
There is a New CID Cosmetics TSV on Saturday 1st January :happy:

In Debenhams in Manchester. Really annoying pressure sell when you try to get out of the store. I hate that so say no thanks but still they don't give up. Therefore no idea what products are like.

It used to be a pleasure to browse the cosmetics counters in department stores not any more; I took a tip from Ms Trouble and look around the products on display when the assistants are busy with customers.

It used to be a pleasure to browse the cosmetics counters in department stores not any more; I took a tip from Ms Trouble and look around the products on display when the assistants are busy with customers.

Snap, I do this too. I wonder if they realise how many customers they lose by their heavy approach?

I grab them gently by the forearms as you would a tantrumming child, assume a kindly expression and explain in my best infants school teacher sing song voice that I buy a lot of make up, and I'd like to have a look at this range, but they're being a bit offputting.

That usually shuts them up for a little while.

When they start up again I give them my make bag to play with. (well, I hand it to them and ask them if they think I have any gaps that their brand can fill.)

Obviously my hand bag make up bag is barely 5% off what I've got, but again, it shuts them up for a few minutes while they look through my lovely top end make up.

At Bobbi Brown - who aren't often pushy to be honest - I simply hand them the typewritten list of what I've got (most of it.) :blush:

My more "call a spade a spade" buddy plonks down in the chair and announces "Right. I want freebies, a make over and good advice. We'll have none of that irritating hard sell bollocks thank you!"

I love her. :heart:

Anyone used this range? Any ideas what the TSV may be?

i have the undermake up primer... its a sort of laura geller's spackle but nicer [ sorry laura ]....i had run out of hers ages ago & was getting very low on my smashbox primer too........saw this & on a whim [ like we do ]... & ordered it with the intention of sending it back & swopping for SB most likely......nope........now a convert . well at least to this part if the range.........goes on a dream..feels nice...whizzy delivery system too less messy.............good buy & will seriously look at the TSV. hope that helps a wee bit

Last edited:
I have the Coral Candy lip gloss and I am very impressed by it. I really liked the texture of it as it is like a gel and not sticky though. I would be tempted to try other products in the range.

Hi

Anyone any ideas what the TSV is yet?

I have fell in love with one of their lipstick and lip liner duos and now have ordered another. So the tsv maybe tempting.........

15% off New CID

Well worth comparing QVC prices tomorrowi with the prices on the New CID website with 15% off until Jan 4th and free p&p

http://newid.cmail2.com/t/r/l/wflhl/hturthad/r

Their brow pencil is a fair alternative to the Models Prefer one and the baked i-Glow powders are exactly like blush & brighten from Laura Geller

Jude xx

New CID 4 Piece Studio Secrets Collection with Cosmetics Bag.
Today's Special Value Price £31.24
QVC Price £38.50
Item Number 223305
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.45
New CID Studio Secrets four-piece collection. Features everything you need to create a maximum impact make-up look with minimum effort, including the award-winning i-gel trio and a brand new i-volume mascara. Created by make-up artists, this New CID collection lets you in on the salon secrets and takes the confusion out of make-up application.

Colour options:

Black:

•1 x i-gel Long Wear Gel Eyeliner Trio with Brush - carbon, granite and graphite (0.95g each) - glides onto the skin delivering intense colour with one easy stroke, perfect for beginners and pros alike.
•1 x i-volumise Mascara - black (10ml) - gives huge volume and definition to lashes with two-in-one brush for maximum impact.
•1 x i-gloss Light-Up Lipgloss with Mirror in Baby Doll - nude (6.2g) - boasts a gel formulation for a lightweight effect on the lips, giving a non-sticky, high-glam shine that really lasts.
•1 x i-blush Split Pan Blush with Mirror in Strawberries and Cream - pink and cream (9.5g) - creates sculpted cheekbones with blusher and highlighter.
•1 x silver zip top cosmetics bag with mirror

Brown:

•1 x i-gel Long Wear Gel Eyeliner Trio with Brush - copper, stone and bronze (0.95g each)
•1 x i-volumise Mascara - black/brown (10ml)
•1 x i-gloss Light-Up Lipgloss with Mirror in Minky Pink - coral (6.2g)
•1 x i-blush Split Pan Blush with Mirror in Strawberries and Cream - pink and cream
•1 x bronze zip top cosmetics bag with mirror

Multi:

•1 x i-gel Long Wear Gel Eyeliner Trio with Brush - emerald, indigo and midnight blue (0.95g each)
•1 x i-volumise Mascara - plum (10ml)
•1 x i-gloss Light-Up Lipgloss with Mirror in Dusky Pink - pink
•1 x i-blush Split Pan Blush with Mirror in Strawberries and Cream - pink and cream
•1 x purple zip top cosmetics bag with mirror

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.223305

Listening to their sales speak, its very similar to the Smashbox sound bites.

We are a photograhic studio

The gel liners look so like the Smashbox ones as well.

The duo blush/highlighter, again Smashbox have been doing this for years now.

I know on counter alot of their stuff looks really like Laura Geller too. Marble baked blushes and eyeshadows.

Looks nice but I wont be buying. I got a gorgeous Dior compact in Debenhams sale the other day 6 really nice eyeshadows blusher mascara lipgloss and a foundation all in a lovely red quilted compact for a few pence more than the total cost of the TSV. Along with a Givenchy mascara with the ball brush and an eyeliner reduced so with my Bobbi Brown stuff I;m sorted for a while.

Last year I would have bought this but I am going to be more choosey this year with my purchases and not get sucked in to everything being the latest miracle make up/skin care and just stick to what i know I like and will use (sorted out my make up before Christmas and threw a carrier back full of stuff out)

Latest posts

Back