Weirdness of CS

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

strimerman

Registered Shopper
Hi,

I do read the forum but am an infrequent poster.....but felt I had to post this.

I have had an account with QVC since the year dot in DH's name. We have seperate bank accounts and always have done. It has almost always been my card that is used on the account.

Somewhile ago I had reason to call them about a payment issue and mentioned it was my card but his account and they said "oh no you can't do that".....I moaned.....they said "that's the way it is"...so I gave up, left it and phoned back later not mentioning it was my card successfully paid and life sailed on.

Today I had to call them as I realised that my Mally auto delivery hadn't arrived. I called and they said they had not been able to take the payment which was because of another glitch to their system. I had lost my card had to cancel it and the Mally item was ordered before I lost my card. So instead of taking the payment from the new card that I registered with the account they did nothing. Recently they have also refused to discuss anything with me even if it is not financial quoting data protection everytime. So DH had to get on the phone and stupidly said "oh it's her card not mine"....once again we have to go through the "oh no you can't use that on this account". I got back on the phone and demanded to know why it is that every item we ever buy is paid for by my card and quite often I also ring in to pay off easy pays and the same card is used then and processes fine. No answer was forthcoming so I asked to be called by a supervisor.

I did get a call back this afternoon but missed the call and the message said someone would call me later. By 9pm they hadn't so I rang in again, making no mention of the call earlier today. Told them there was a problem with the auto delivery item and they asked if I would like to update the card to pay for it, I said yes....passed the phone to DH as once again they refused to deal with me.....he gave them my card number they said fine we will process that and the call ended.

I now plan to ask them when they call me back if they need to return all the money I have paid for items since the year dot on my card as apparently I am not able to pay on DH's account with my card.

It is completely nonsensicle.......I could understand if they actually asked for the name as it appears on the card at the time of payment,but they don't and the payments process fine.

Has anyone else experienced this weirdness?

I have an account of my own and my husband also has one, with his card registered but which I use!! :devil: If I need to do anything with his account I always do it on email as he point blank refuses to speak to anyone on the phone. Maybe you should just open your own account if it's your payment card anyway? May make things easier in the future. But yes, I agree, it's very frustrating when you're not going anywhere near data protection territory and they still refuse to speak to you :confused:

I might decide to open one eventually...but like my nice short memebership number lol.

In the meantime I shall continue with the card I am using and let them remain in blissful ignorance again....what surprises me is that no-one put a note on the account about my earlier call and warning them of the fact the card is in my name....which smacks to me of "we will talk the talk and tell you that you can't use it but actually we will do nothing about it and forget about it as soon as the call ends" lol.....

My friend has a call on Sunday about her L'Occitane easy pay. They told her the payment could not go through from her bank account. Everything seemed fine when she checked her bank account.

I know I had an easy pay going on and my old card expired. New one arrived everything the same as the old apart from the expiry date. I went online into QVC account and changed expiry date etc. Then got a call about my last installment of a easy pay. Seems if you have an on going easy pay and something about your card changes and you do update the details online in your QVC account. This changes everything, you have to phone up and do it with CS in person. :dull:

We have similar sorts of issues too. I am at home as mum's carer which means that I deal with things on the phone etc. as they arise. It's normal for me to deal with accounts that are in mum's name once the company has accepted that mum has given me her authority to do so. QVC however won't. Every time I have to sort something on the phone, they need to speak to her first. I never quite understood the point of this anyway. How are they to know that I didn't just grab some random female stranger off the street and get her to talk to them instead? All they do is ask if "your son is authorised to speak to us?" I could understand if they asked probing question only she is likely to be able to answer.

They are always bleating on about award winning customer services, with English speaking staff but they do have a second language - they speak English and Rubbish. Phone them three times asking the same question and you'll usually get three different answers. Although it does depends who you get on the phone. Some staff seem much more willing and able to help.

Last edited:
We have similar sorts of issues too. I am at home as mum's carer which means that I deal with things on the phone etc. as they arise. It's normal for me to deal with accounts that are in mum's name once the company has accepted that mum has given me her authority to do so. QVC however won't. Every time I have to sort something on the phone, they need to speak to her first. I never quite understood the point of this anyway. How are they to know that I didn't just grab some random female stranger off the street and get her to talk to them instead? All they do is ask if "your son is authorised to speak to us?" I could understand if they asked probing question only she is likely to be able to answer.

They are always bleating on about award winning customer services, with English speaking staff but they do have a second language - they speak English and Rubbish. Phone them three times asking the same question and you'll usually get three different answers. Although it does depends who you get on the phone. Some staff seem much more willing and able to help.

that is so very very true

For almost the whole 16 years I was with QVC they had my name wrong on the account and yet the CC payments with a different name on it went through with no problem. The thing that annoyed me was that they couldn't change the name on the account, I would have to close the account and open another.

Latest posts

Back