Baylis & Harding

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tasi

Registered Shopper
Both price-drop and bid are pushing B&H stuff. Peter Simon (bless him!) was saying how it is top of the range, exclusive etc etc.... Our local cut-price chemist and cheapo shops in the High Street are knocking them out at 2 for a fiver!!!

Both price-drop and bid are pushing B&H stuff. Peter Simon (bless him!) was saying how it is top of the range, exclusive etc etc.... Our local cut-price chemist and cheapo shops in the High Street are knocking them out at 2 for a fiver!!!

I think anything that has two surnames is supposed to sound posh, two first names funky and happening. Everybody does it now, so you can't tell the geniune decent stuff from the cheap crap made to sound funky, or posh. The fact that Baylis and Harding is being sold really cheaply on the high st, goes to show it's pretty much a budget brand. I think the channels think you're going to get mixed up, and put the stuff in the same category as Crabtree and Evelyn.

I quite like the B&H rose scented stuff. It's cheap and cheerful and a nice change from the regular soaps and bath stuff. It's not worth what situps are selling it for though

Sainsbury's are sellin Champney products in a purple weekend bag for £20. My husband bought me one last week and the products are regular size and excellent. That's what I call a bargain.

Last edited:
Rule # 12 of watching Sit-Up:

Just because a presenter says something is 'designer' doesn't mean it is.

Bid TV are kings of this. I love the fact they've created their own 'Tommy & Kate' range and flog it as designer gear. I'm sure some of the clothes are nice and of a good quality - however 'designer' they are not.

I often wonder, Joshua, who on earth buys those clothes. They don't even iron the things before they showcase them, just fling them on a hanger. When a model wears one, they still look cheap tat and when one of those tiny little assistants puts them on they look ridiculous. And then, try to convince us that they would actually buy and wear it out!

Bid TV are kings of this. I love the fact they've created their own 'Tommy & Kate' range and flog it as designer gear. I'm sure some of the clothes are nice and of a good quality - however 'designer' they are not.
Well someone had to 'design' them in the first place! :grin:

Rule # 13 of watching Sit-up seems to be that the presenters are now more prone to exaggeration than ever before, whether it's saying that an All fine 'netbook' can replace a £500 laptop or that you can easily catch viruses by installing commercial software on your computer. Or for that matter just because something happens to feature a design conceived by a famous designer, it's certainly not true that the product's worth £100 when instead it's actually mass produced in China and is virtually worthless.

Latest posts

Back