QVC and Quality

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
I posted a similar comment on one of the threads but decided to start this as sometimes they get lost...

I was reading the reviews of the Kelly Hoppen TSV which is being slated by quite a few people and is standing at about 2.7/5. Lots of people are questioning the quality and one even entitles their review of the blanket being 'tat'.

What caught my attention was someone wanting to return their item and stating that as normal Customer Services had been fantastic.

However, I started thinking yes the customer services are great (99% of the time) but QVC still had the nerve to send the stuff out in the first place. What does that say about their definition of 'quality' and what they think they can get passed their customers as acceptable.......

It didn't seem like it was one or two blankets that had got passed quality control. Rather, the blanket was just poor quality. It wasn't even marked with Kelly Hoppen on the blanket, just on the plastic bag.

Shouldn't there being more anger towards QVC sending such 'tat' out in the first place instead of praising them for taking it back no problem!!!!. I understand things can go wrong lots of time eg a cosmestic maybe smashed, a part missing but when the item itself is dire surely QVC has something to answer........

totally agree....They have no right to push their rigorous quality control crap ad on us when they produce stuff not fit for purpose ( notably my last coat order and a previous B&W horrendous bag).I'll never understand the point in churning out the shoddy stuff as a TSV which (when set at a good price) is used to suck buyers in to a range. Who the heck is gonna re-purchase? Crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy

but surely one person's "tat" is another person's delight? I, for example, detest Primark, but loads of my friends shop there and love it, so who is right? As long as an item is not faulty, there will always be items that are sent by QVC that are not everyone's cup of tea.
Perhaps the main issue here, though, and I tend to agree, is that QVC do laud MS Hoppen as a top designer, so by raising customers' expectations, they must be prepared for the fallout when it goes wrong. I don't watch her shows, as I would probably fall for all the bo@@ocks that the presenters come out with when she is on-looks like I had a lucky escape!

I am becoming more and more suspicious of the review system too. You can do a 'sort' on the reviews and there is a category for putting 'staff reviews first' ie QVC workers. On the Kelly Hoppen TSV one the first review if you do that sort is a 5 out of 5 one by a member of staff. When you compare it to some of the others it just looks out of place.

but surely one person's "tat" is another person's delight? I, for example, detest Primark, but loads of my friends shop there and love it, so who is right? As long as an item is not faulty, there will always be items that are sent by QVC that are not everyone's cup of tea.
Perhaps the main issue here, though, and I tend to agree, is that QVC do laud MS Hoppen as a top designer, so by raising customers' expectations, they must be prepared for the fallout when it goes wrong. I don't watch her shows, as I would probably fall for all the bo@@ocks that the presenters come out with when she is on-looks like I had a lucky escape!

wonky seams, bald patches and loose threads make it faulty in my opinion

I was going to say the same. They must have sold hundreds or thousands of these throws and probably most of the recipiants were happy and a few who were not posted the reviews.

Another case of a 'designer' brand making a product 'especially' for QVC, in other words a lot cheaper and poorly made. I've read similar comments concerning shoddy Lola Rose items. It's really unfair when people believe in a name and receive cr*p for their trust. Bad quality, no value and a total lack of convenience when you have to return it.

I had my fingers burned a couple of times in the early days and now shop with extreme caution. I mainly buy decleor and laura geller with a few other bits and bobs where I feel confident. I too dislike it when they trumpet that this kipling bag or that LD nail polish has been made especially for qvc. I'm afraid I instantly fear the worst. I initially believed in their quality control, since they make such a big deal of it, but once bitten now very very shy.

I any brand brings us anything 'Exclusive to QVC,' then I am always highly suspicious and rarely purchase.

If the blanket didn't have a label saying it was Kelly Hoppen how do you know it was one of hers!! could have been some cheap tat stuck in a plastic bag with a label with her name on the bag

I am becoming more and more suspicious of the review system too. You can do a 'sort' on the reviews and there is a category for putting 'staff reviews first' ie QVC workers. On the Kelly Hoppen TSV one the first review if you do that sort is a 5 out of 5 one by a member of staff. When you compare it to some of the others it just looks out of place.

Good point. Hardly seems right that their employees are able to leave reviews to me, surely they're going to be biased. They're hardly going to leave one saying an item is out and out shite are they.

Latest posts

Back