Ridiculous reviews - how are they allowed?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
How ridiculous are these?

2 reviews for 5 stars posted on the Charlie Bears TSV today. It's exclusive to QVC and only available today so how can people write reviews? They shouldn't be allowed and they make more of a mockery of the review system that already annoys a lot of us! I've clicked on report inapropriate review but who knows if they'll be taken off!!!

Mercedes is on their way!
"When Mercedes arrives they will be joining Katie & Gracie! Being a soft toy fanatic from childhood, Charlie Bears are perfect to continue my love for all things cuddly! They are so well made and really do have personality in their faces and make you smile, no matter how bad the day has been. Mercedes will be a christmas present to myself and loved very much!"

Best Purchase Ever
"This will be my second bear and can't wait to open him on Christmas morning, I also have Ross he is so cute I love Charlie Bears."

Totally agree! How someone can review an item they haven't yet received yet is unbleievable, the item could be a heap of junk, faulty or otherwise.

That's really bad, very misleading and a total disgrace, shouldn't be allowed to happen.
How can future purchasers decide to buy based on reviews when items haven't been recieved.
Next the presenters will be saying we have so many five star reviews and we will have to think just how many of those are reviews saying it will be when it arrives ? :doh:
Should we start a campaign to leave reviews on non recieved items ? :wonder:

:sun:

this happened in reverse on a craft item once-the Kanban music and dance kit. Loads of 1 star reviews were left by the day after it aired, just because it was not to some peoples' taste! I can never understand why QVC don't do this a different way-there should be a link through to reviews from your online account, so that you can only leave a review for an item that actually appears as "purchased" in your account!
This would get rid of all the fawning idiots that are willing to leave 5 stars for something that they have not seen yet, but will also stop the embittered souls who are so disappointed by a TSV airing, that they will slate it just coz they are sulking!!!!!

I laff if the bear reviewer's TSV is either "lost in the post" or arrives with a limb missing!

Jude xx

I queried this with QVC and they replied that you don't need to buy a product before you review it, but you can review based on the television presentation or viewing a product on the website.

I queried this with QVC and they replied that you don't need to buy a product before you review it, but you can review based on the television presentation or viewing a product on the website.

So can you rate 1 star for the presentation then :tongue:

I'm holding my hand up here and confessing that I once tried to leave a review for an item on air that I'd no intention of ordering.

Let me explain. It was when Smashbox launched Halo To Go 7.1g with the rubbish mini buki for £26 odd and were raving about the brilliant value. Now, I'm a big big fan of Halo - but, the full size is 21g, and comes with the fab no 29 brush and is just c£15 more. Now that is brilliant value. So I tried to leave a review advising peeps to go for the full size, but sadly QVC didn't show my review.

I'm holding my hand up here and confessing that I once tried to leave a review for an item on air that I'd no intention of ordering.

Let me explain. It was when Smashbox launched Halo To Go 7.1g with the rubbish mini buki for £26 odd and were raving about the brilliant value. Now, I'm a big big fan of Halo - but, the full size is 21g, and comes with the fab no 29 brush and is just c£15 more. Now that is brilliant value. So I tried to leave a review advising peeps to go for the full size, but sadly QVC didn't show my review.

Now I really really really can not understand that at all!!! Why would QVC not do that??? She says with hard felt sacrasm in her voice :doh::wink:

Reviews

Sorry for resurecting old threads (I am new here). I stopped writing reviews just over a year ago. I tried to write one for Nails Inc and they did not show it. Then I wrote it again - still no show. I am not sure what my crime was, it was a good review, 4 star. The only thing I can think of is that I mentioned the Nails Inc website. Is that taboo? So I will never write any more. I don't know how effective they are anyway. There was a Genie product reviewed on the website with a load of reviews all of which were 1 or 2. Shortly after the product was on a show with presenters raving about it. They don't seem to take much notice

I'm a cynical old moo.

Is it possible that the 5 star reviews on the TSV launch date are "planted" by QVC themselves to fool would-be purchasers who are sitting on the fence (esp. if orders are not flowing in).

I'm a cynical old moo.

Is it possible that the 5 star reviews on the TSV launch date are "planted" by QVC themselves to fool would-be purchasers who are sitting on the fence (esp. if orders are not flowing in).

I have done online reviews but based on road testing prior. Have always assumed that other reviews done were completed on the same basis. And yes I have often purchased an item on the strength of how good the reviews are!

Ridiculour reviews - how are they allowed?

That is just absurd and dishonest. Think that should be reported to Advertising Standards and Ofcom.

it always makes me laugh when they are wafting on about the wonders of a product and there are loads of reviews slagging it off, I for one just could not do their job with any sort of conviction or sincerity when it seems to require flying in the face of the evidence. But hey they are there to shift the stock so good luck to them. Not happy with reviews that appear to be able to see into the future tho, smacks of fraud to me.

However the other day the man from the Click Hard Drive company had read the reviews online and was clarifying the issue that it has to be plugged in to an electrical source all the time so they do do some good.

I wonder how many of the rave reviews are genuine, and this makes me even more suspicious.

Latest posts

Back