Steve Whatley is missed at Christmas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
He used to do some great Christmas shows. Oh I know they were ott, but no-one could jump up and down on rope lights or wear the flashing santa hats like Steve W. RIP x:flower:

I agree Rozzy. Steve WAS Mr Christmas.
mysmilie_55.gif

I have got to say that on the whole I found SW very,very annoying. I didn't wish him dead, but I can't pretend that I miss him being on my tv.

For me Whatters is sorely missed from shopping telly:star: I was reading Debbie Flints blog on the QVC website at the end of last week and in one of the blogs she had put some footage of QVC's early days and there was Whatters presenting with Joan Rivers(how different Joan looked too!!) - he was the master of shopping telly entertainment a real star:star: He made QVC(in the early days) for me and made IW(along with Lavers and DF) watchable( I sometimes watch IW when channel surfing but would never buy as i dont trust them) loved the guy and hope he rests in peacexx

I miss Steve too. He was the very first presenter I saw when I found QVC all those years ago and he was jumping up and down on an exercise bike! Knew then that he would be worth watching. Yes, he pushed some tat on his Whatters Crazy Christmas shows but he was great fun. I was fortunate enough to speak to him on the phone once as he made an effort to call me after I'd enquired about something (can't for the life of me remember what it was) and he was a true gentleman, chatting to me about all sorts for about 20/30 minutes.

RIP Steve.......you're sorely missed. xxx

Yes Busy he called me twice on a Sunday of all days about a problem I was having with an order at IW, he was a true gentleman and went out of his way to sort it out. It wasn't a product he had sold but he used to get involved with CS issues because he really cared about the channel and his integrity being involved with it. He really was a one off and such a shame he had such a sad ending to his life.
mysmilie_55.gif

The kids and I used to watch his Christmas shows and they really set the Christmas mood. He was a one off and his kindness epitomised the Christmas spirit. RIP Steve

He used to do some great Christmas shows. Oh I know they were ott, but no-one could jump up and down on rope lights or wear the flashing santa hats like Steve W. RIP x:flower:

I agree totally, I would tune in just to watch his high end madness.

His passing really made me think at the time that wealth, fame and materiel things don't always make a person happy. I remember Steve when he had a spot on This Morning when it was filmed in Liverpool with R&J he was a consumer reporter even then he was totally committed into getting the customer the best deal.

Ideal world has never been the same imo since Steve passed.

He was possibly the greatest and most liked presenter of all time, who came over as a very genuine person, unlike some of today's presenters. As others have said, he is sadly missed.

Latest posts

Back